Springdale, AR

Posted October 19, 2014
Turnbow Elementary has great teachers and administrators who love our kids. My oldest child attended school there from 2nd-5th grade and now I have a younger child attending there. The PTA is very involved in the school. I recommend Turnbow Elementary to anyone moving to Springdale.

Posted May 28, 2014
I respectfully disagree with the previous comments. In order for our kid's to have an engaging and fun environment, we need to provide it for them. If your child cannot bring one dollar for an event, I guarantee they'll be able to participate regardless. Everyone was able to enjoy the Megaparty (if that's the event you're speaking of). Every dollar brought in from every child is to support the new basketball court, the gym, etc. Every penny brought is spent towards directly serving your child in some way tomorrow, next week, or next year. I agree there could be a stronger way to communicate with families but it definitely takes work on my end as a parent. Turnbow had been a wonderful school for my two little ones. They've loved every one of their teachers, made wonderful friendships, and has had an amazing school year!

Turnbow Elementary School 3

Posted February 04, 2014
I can't agree more with the previous review. The number of fundraising campaigns is ridiculous. It is all about money. The pressure they put on kids to bring money is crazy. For Halloween if a child does not sell this much or does not bring a check this big, he/she does not participate in fun activities. Those kids had to stand and watch others having fun. What is this school teaching? What kind of lesson is that?! We are lucky to have a great teacher. However there are a few teachers who are abrasive in the way they talk to kids and they are kids' nightmare.

Posted January 30, 2014
This school has gone from having educational values to making money their top priority. The administration here has belittled low income families and has a blatant disregard for human compassion. This is the reason there are so few parents volunteering at the school. This school is a disgrace and an embarrassment to community education and the virtues and morals of the general public.

Posted August 31, 2013
I like the school the school. My daughter a was in a E.D and her teacher was a wonderful teacher she help past to meed daughters goal's thanks to them she got better and her school work. The teacher and the principal help to be much better the experience in school for me and my child.

Posted February 05, 2013
My son has been going to this school for 2 yrs now, and I absolutely love the teachers! they have helped my son achieve his goals, he was allowed to compete in the Spelling Bee and thanks to the great teacher he has he made it to the finals. He is being taught a different language which I think ALL elementary schools should do.

Posted October 16, 2012
If it wasn't for somebody posting a sign on the side of the road on the way to Turnbow Elementary we would have never known that they were following curriculum written by the U.N. This is just a broader symptom of the school's lack of communication and disregard for parents. My child has some learning disabilities and the teacher refuses to work with us to allow us to help our child. We have repeatedly asked for my child's vocabulary lists, math problems, and spelling lists, and we are made to feel like it is this huge inconvenience. The whole feeling of the school is that they really don't want any part of parental involvement except for monetary donations to a limitless number of class parties, seasonal celebrations, and fundraisers. The message is basically, "We know more about what is best for your kids... stay out of the way." I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 14, 2012
Turnbow has offered many live learning experiences for my child. I completely support the Common Core shift, as I feel this will allow my child to obtain more meaningful experiences. Turnbow is ahead of the game largely due to their rigorous expectations. We absolutely love the school.

Posted December 02, 2010
The indoctrination of this Ib World School is Un-American. The Principal is not concerned with what the parents think.. Also the school will not call you if something happening, the principle should be fired!!! They process kids for the global government!!

Posted August 15, 2010
My daughter got her elbow broke 2 weeks before school was out because she was left in the classroom by her teacher and another student shoved her down. She was left all day with a broken elbow until she got off the bus. I never got a phone call. The principal called her a bully (in front of her) among other things. I sat in the classroom only to wonder how any of the children could learn. Students would get up when teacher was helping other students and draw on the board, use the overhead, kick back in thier chairs, poke each other with pencils, etc. There was no respect for that teacher. That teacher had no control on her classroom

Turnbow Elementary School
3390 Habberton Rd, Springdale, AR  72764
Last modified Turnbow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Turnbow Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top