Springdale, AR
Students enrolled: 2,200
After care: No

Springdale High School 4

Posted August 18, 2014
My school is an improving school. Springdale High School brought up their EOC Literacy scores 17% which is a terrific improvement in all areas. We also brought up the EOC Geometry scores a significant amount as well. Please note that our current rating is based on material that is now 2 years old. Springdale High School received the Platinum Award at High Schools That Work (a division of the Southern Region Education Board). We were one of only 5 schools in the state to earn this award. It rewards our efforts in graduating Career and Technical Education students. We also had a 90% graduation rate overall. I think those are all laudable accomplishments and we are on the track to have big things in our future. Keep an eye on us.

Posted April 08, 2014
This is a school that puts learning and life long learning first. This school is a diverse and complex community of learners, both students and faculty, who are dedicated to the pursuit of life long learning and living to the potential of each life involved in this school. The students and the faculty make this a great place to work, to learn, to be fully human.

Posted April 08, 2014
My school is a diverse and complex community of life long learners as faculty and staff and potentially life long learners in the student body. We offer IB, EAST, AP, and multiple Academies to include a variety of learning opportunities for a variety of student interests. I feel our faculty and staff are the best in the state, and one of the best in the nation.

Posted February 06, 2014
Awesome school with so many great academies. The teachers really care about the students and it's such a positive atmosphere.

Posted February 06, 2014
Springdale High School is a melting pot of nationalities, Probably 14 or more. Students are offered everything from IB, Law, Culinary Arts, Engineering, Art, to the top Choral and band programs in the State. I am the parent of two of the instructors in the business and tech department, who along with their sister graduated from SHS. I now have a granddaughter who is graduating with honors in the IB Academy and has received scholarships to a number of schools. Even though over 50 percent of the students are on the "free lunch" program this high school meets the needs of all of their students. I would not want my grandchildren to go to any other high school in town.

Posted February 06, 2014
SHS offers a world class education to its students. The teaching staff is caring and knowledgeable, the academies are always excelling, and the AP/IB curriculum is an amazing opportunity for the students. Recently renovated, the facilities are top notch as well. There is no better school in the state by any means.

Posted February 06, 2014
This is a GREAT school! The teachers care and are willing to stay after for parents and/or students. I believe a majority of the teachers have a Masters degree. They have academies that local businesses and U of A professors partner with to ensure their rigor and relevance. They have an IB program that is outstanding (research it if you don't know what it is). They are a big school, so this allows for a variety of AP classes. They offer such diverse programs to meet their diverse students' needs. Tutoring is offered free to all students before and after school. I really cannot say enough about SHS. Of course I work here, but this is my dream job at my dream school. The students are the most respectful students you will find. This is a special place.

Springdale High School 1

Posted September 18, 2013
My daughter attended Springdale high school for her sophomore year during 2012-2013. She was bullied everyday for the whole school year. I talked to the 10th grade counselor about it and he did absolutely nothing. I called the school board to get her released so she could enroll in a different school district but they wouldn't do anything about it either. I never heard from the principal as he was notified from the counselor and the board. My daughter didn't feel safe in that school. She had to find different ways to classes to avoid the kids picking on her. Needless to say we took her out and enrolled her in Fayetteville high school. She loves it there and we could see the difference immediately. It's too bad Springdale allows bullying. They just lost a straight A student and potential national merit scholar.

Springdale High School 2

Posted March 08, 2010
My son was beat up by his 'friends' on a school field trip. The principal that conducted the investigation gave my son one day of detention for defending himself, and gave the other 5 boys two days of detention. We chose to change schools because my son was afraid of meeting the other boys in the parking lot after school. Since correct punishment was not handed out, the principal told the rest of the student body that this kind of behavior is fine for SHS. We're hoping to find a safer enviornment at Harber.

Springdale High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
They do a great job with the students.

Springdale High School
101 South Pleasant Street, Springdale, AR  72764
Last modified Springdale High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springdale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top