Springdale, AR

Posted October 09, 2013
My daughter is new at Walker this year, in Second grade and so far i can see such a difference in her schoolwork and her thoughts about school in general! The staff is so warm and welcoming and has made us feel right at home. I love that the principal is so involved and its obvious that she truly cares about her students and families. We love it here and look forward to the years to come

Posted April 29, 2013
Walker Elementary has been the best school experience for my child. He had a wonderful Kindergarten teacher and currently has a fabulous 1st grade teacher. All teachers are wonderful! The principle and administrative staff are very helpful and terrific. They are very attentive to each student and know each by name. I would highly recommend this school to others.

Posted August 17, 2008
Walker has been the only school we have ever attended. My child has excelled with the leadership and the support of all the staff and faculty at this school. The school is directly involved with the parent and child on all levels for the education and well being of the children. The parents are not only allowed, but encouraged to be involved in the decisions and support for the children. All suggestions are considered and addressed. The PTA is the best and largest involvement that I have ever heard of at any school and provide more funding to give the 'extras' to make Walker an even better school. We love Walker!

Walker Elementary School

Posted February 25, 2008
Thank God for Walker Elementary and Principal Dondie Frisinger! My child has attention span issues, yet the faculty at Walker have the skills, techniques and desire to help overcome those and help her experience successful learning and testing. What an amazing group of educators. When you combine that with outstanding administration and a true passion for kids, Walker has an outstanding atmosphere for both kids and parents.

Posted August 08, 2006
My daughter attends Walker Elementary. Walker has some of the best faculity around. Everyone is so sweet, and are really focused on getting all the children the best education possible. I personally feel it to be a pleasure to have my daughter attend Walker school. Walker houses some of the best teachers around.. Jean Walker for one.. She was my first grade teacher.. That was when she first started teaching. Mrs. Walker was an exceptional teacher then.. But from what I have heard she has just gotten better the more she teaches.. I pray that my daughter will get to be in her class. Mrs. Cloud is also very good she was very understanding to all my daughter's needs in kindergarten.. I am sure as the years progress I will add more praises for Walker faculity and staff. Walker School also offers alot of activities for parents to participate in.

Posted April 17, 2006
It`s a great school, nice traning in all arts...

Posted February 14, 2006
Walker Teachers and faculty care about our kids and their education. They offer a after school tutoring program free of charge to make sure kids keep on top of their grade level. Music class, art class are a part of kids weekly schedule. The level of parent involvement is tremendous! Our kids are loved at Walker and love to be involved.

Posted January 22, 2005
I have had at least 1 of my 3 children attending Walker Elementary since 1997, and we have 3 more years to go. We have yet to have a disappointing momemt. Everything Walker does is of the highest caliber. The teachers are wonderful; they are well trained and they get to know the children personally. This helps tremendously when 'knowing what it takes' to motivate each child individually to do his or her best. I appreciate the individual attention that is available to students if they need the extra help and support while learning a subject such as reading or math. I also appreciate the heavy emphasis on the fundamentals of reading, writing, and math. The teachers have a way of challenging the students yet always supporting or boosting their self-confidence. Parental involvement in the school is also terrific. I could never say enough great things about Walker!

Posted June 09, 2004
My daughter attends Walker Elementary. She has been there since she started school. We have had only the best of experiences. The faculty and staff are the best around. Some exceptional teachers at Walker are Jean Walker, Cindy Banks, Jo Huggins, Cornelia Stark, Lisa Stark,& Cindy Paxson. There are so many it would be hard to list them all. There is an excellent music program. Parental involvement is very much appreciated at Walker, infact the school thrives on the help of their parents. Walker also utilizes the Watch Dog Program. Walkers 4th grade students ranked top in state in Benchmark test scores in 2003. If your considering this school you couldn't go wrong!!

Posted March 30, 2004
My son attends Walker. Before that he attended a school elsewhere. He has learned so much since he has been enrolled. He has a much positive attitude about learning and he is so excited that when I pick him up from school to tell me what happened in his class. I love that they give the one on one attention to the students. It is great and works so much better. I am thankful for this school, if not I do not think my son would be learning the way he is. And have such a great attitude about school now.

Walker Elementary School
1701 South 40th, Springdale, AR  72762
Last modified Walker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top