Bad
Good

Most of the teacher are good they are just over worked and to many kids in a room to handle any child that has problems learning. The school has a tendensy to also judge one child by another in its family and not just let the child be its self.

I have two children who attend Jommy Brown Elementary. My son, a third grader, has had excellent teachers each year. He is a straight 'A' student and has received 'Star Citizen' each year. Special thanks goes out to his teacher for making him an above average student. My daughter, a first grader, has medical problems that at time prevent her from performing daily tasks to the best of her knowledge. At the beginning of the year she had 'D's' and 'F's' and thanks to the help, love and understanding of Mrs. Pam Haley she has 'B's' in math and reading. We think Mrs. Pam is awesome.I am also a graduate of Star City High School and my kids and I are pround to call ourselves 'Bulldogs'!

I have one child at Jimmy Brown and she has one of the best teachers this year she in the first grade this year. The first week of school this year I learned some very bad things happend at this school last year on the play ground.

I have moved down here from the Watson Chapel School District and want to praise the Elementary School For all they have done for my son he started off down her with a D average but now he has a B C average he was digonaised 5 years age with ADHD but since he came down here and the teachers work with him (Mrs Venable ) is the best

I would like to say that me, my husband and two daughters moved to star city 2 years ago this February, and by far this is a good school. My daughter started Kindergarten last year in Star City and we as parents were amazed at what she learned in one year. Her teacher Kim Madar was one of the best I have ever met. Star City is #1 in school, activities for children, sports, etc.

I am fairly disgusted with this school district. I am very discouraged for my child for i know that he and others may not be left behind but they will never be taught what they need to know to go on to the next grade. Once you get lost in one grade you will be lost for a long time. I would not recommend this school or these teachers to anyone anywhere. I can't wait to get my kids out of here.

Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.