Brown Elementary School 2

Posted August 10, 2008

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2008
Most of the teacher are good they are just over worked and to many kids in a room to handle any child that has problems learning. The school has a tendensy to also judge one child by another in its family and not just let the child be its self.

Brown Elementary School 4

Posted January 03, 2008
I have two children who attend Jommy Brown Elementary. My son, a third grader, has had excellent teachers each year. He is a straight 'A' student and has received 'Star Citizen' each year. Special thanks goes out to his teacher for making him an above average student. My daughter, a first grader, has medical problems that at time prevent her from performing daily tasks to the best of her knowledge. At the beginning of the year she had 'D's' and 'F's' and thanks to the help, love and understanding of Mrs. Pam Haley she has 'B's' in math and reading. We think Mrs. Pam is awesome.I am also a graduate of Star City High School and my kids and I are pround to call ourselves 'Bulldogs'!

Brown Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2007
I have one child at Jimmy Brown and she has one of the best teachers this year she in the first grade this year. The first week of school this year I learned some very bad things happend at this school last year on the play ground.

Posted May 04, 2007
I have moved down here from the Watson Chapel School District and want to praise the Elementary School For all they have done for my son he started off down her with a D average but now he has a B C average he was digonaised 5 years age with ADHD but since he came down here and the teachers work with him (Mrs Venable ) is the best

Posted November 22, 2006

Posted October 19, 2006
I would like to say that me, my husband and two daughters moved to star city 2 years ago this February, and by far this is a good school. My daughter started Kindergarten last year in Star City and we as parents were amazed at what she learned in one year. Her teacher Kim Madar was one of the best I have ever met. Star City is #1 in school, activities for children, sports, etc.

Brown Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2006
I am fairly disgusted with this school district. I am very discouraged for my child for i know that he and others may not be left behind but they will never be taught what they need to know to go on to the next grade. Once you get lost in one grade you will be lost for a long time. I would not recommend this school or these teachers to anyone anywhere. I can't wait to get my kids out of here.

Brown Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2006
My overall opinion of JBE is very good. There are some really great teachers, with a few exceptions. Every grade seems to have some good options for our children. As a parent that has seen his oldest child through to the Junior High, and his son just starting in Kindergarten, it is gratifying to know that we have the opportunity to have our children educated by a group of teachers and staff that, for the most part, care deeply about our children. And to address the 'criticism' of one other person who has posted a comment, a school should be graded on its overall curriculum, not a specific deficit that is related to peripheral studies.

Posted April 04, 2006
I am proud to have a student at JBE. She is very encouraged by her teachers, some of the best teachers around. She enjoys school and excells in her studies. The excellerated reader program is very rewarding and well maintained. She loves JBE and so to I.

Brown Elementary School
210 Ashley St, Star City, AR  71667
Last modified Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brown Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top