Bad
Good

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

Any oppostion to any real ideas are dealt with anger and hatred

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

In my expierence i have not seen any bullies

Effective school leaders: Agree

our prinical is a cool guys who does not give permission to allow certain beekeeping clubs to fund raise which upsets me

Develops character: Strongly disagree

our student body is hostile and close minded to any new ideas

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

too much online nonesense for me and may others

Every single thing i experienced was completely 100% perfect

This school in my opinion does not acknowledge it's African American students on their accomplishments. The majority of the teachers as well as the administration demonstrate to me some prejudice toward the African Americans. They do not show love & concern to our children of color & will not go the extra mile to recognize them. They're only concerned about the money they receive from the dept of education. One important fact is during black history month the teachers do not educate and concentrate on the black cultural.

SCHS is awful. As a senior, I'm extremely dissapointed in the school's academics...Football is first, and academics is the least concern. I feel like I've wasted so much of my time here. I wish I had some more qualified, responsible teachers who weren't extremely biased. The staff here is a joke. It is extremely difficult to get anything taken care of; organization is awful and confusing. The students here are not being prepared for college. Coaches take up half of the staff here and most of them sit and wait for the day to end. I cannot think of nearly anything that SCHS could be notable for. We seriously need some better management here.

I have very mixed feelings about Star City. My children have all gone to school there and two are successful, One is not. There are many fine teachers there and then there are some who just don;t care. One is late everyday and gives beer parties for the students, but nothing is said to her. There are far too many coaches and while some are actually teaching , others sit around and talk on their cell phones. Students who don;t behave in class are allowed to disrupt because the administration is afraid of the parents. There is too much of the good ole boy system here. Special preferences in hiring go to the relatives and friends of the administration. Three highschool teachers have either been pregnant and unmarried or their girlfriends were pregnant in the last two years. Is this the example we want for our kids? It's a mess!

I personally hate the school. Both junior and senior high schools are very judgmental. My brothers did some things they were not supposed to do to the school, and ever since then I have received judgment from the teachers. There are a handful of people who do not judge me from what my brothers did, and that is because they probably don t know we are related. And as for the work, our school is ludicrous. The funding only goes toward football and basketball. Now don t get me wrong, I love the sports, but the band and things get jacked!

Last modified Star City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.