Posted April 29, 2014
This school in my opinion does not acknowledge it's African American students on their accomplishments. The majority of the teachers as well as the administration demonstrate to me some prejudice toward the African Americans. They do not show love & concern to our children of color & will not go the extra mile to recognize them. They're only concerned about the money they receive from the dept of education. One important fact is during black history month the teachers do not educate and concentrate on the black cultural.

Posted October 07, 2010
SCHS is awful. As a senior, I'm extremely dissapointed in the school's academics...Football is first, and academics is the least concern. I feel like I've wasted so much of my time here. I wish I had some more qualified, responsible teachers who weren't extremely biased. The staff here is a joke. It is extremely difficult to get anything taken care of; organization is awful and confusing. The students here are not being prepared for college. Coaches take up half of the staff here and most of them sit and wait for the day to end. I cannot think of nearly anything that SCHS could be notable for. We seriously need some better management here.

Star City High School 3

Posted June 09, 2010
I have very mixed feelings about Star City. My children have all gone to school there and two are successful, One is not. There are many fine teachers there and then there are some who just don;t care. One is late everyday and gives beer parties for the students, but nothing is said to her. There are far too many coaches and while some are actually teaching , others sit around and talk on their cell phones. Students who don;t behave in class are allowed to disrupt because the administration is afraid of the parents. There is too much of the good ole boy system here. Special preferences in hiring go to the relatives and friends of the administration. Three highschool teachers have either been pregnant and unmarried or their girlfriends were pregnant in the last two years. Is this the example we want for our kids? It's a mess!

Posted March 12, 2010
I personally hate the school. Both junior and senior high schools are very judgmental. My brothers did some things they were not supposed to do to the school, and ever since then I have received judgment from the teachers. There are a handful of people who do not judge me from what my brothers did, and that is because they probably don t know we are related. And as for the work, our school is ludicrous. The funding only goes toward football and basketball. Now don t get me wrong, I love the sports, but the band and things get jacked!

Star City High School 5

Posted September 09, 2009

Star City High School 0

Posted July 19, 2009
have disabled kids not flexible and teachers needs to retire when they cant do the work due to physical problems

Star City High School 2

Posted May 18, 2009
I am a parent of two Star City Middle School students and I have a few complaints about this school. I too have found the teachers tend to send homework home that the work has not been explained and the student has no idea how to do it. My husband and I have been out of school for a while now and work full-time jobs as most parents do; I too find it very annoying when the teachers send it home for the parents to teach the child. If I wanted to be a teacher then I would have received my teaching certificate and I would be teaching. When I am at work, I am required as an employee to do my job and perform the job at my best so I tend to expect the same from teachers after all that is what the teacher is being paid for.

Star City High School 0

Posted November 18, 2008
In my opinion, Star City is very biased. I go to school there, so I know how it is first hand. Here is the thing, you have to be kend to a teacher or liked by the teacher to actually be treated desently by certain teachers. I have a wonderful geometry teacher. She cares so much about her students and their grades. Its just that the students don't always care. Sports are a main focus here at this school, but we do try our best at our school work. Most of my graduation class work their butt off and do not get any recognition for it. So as far as the teachers go, don't always blame them, know your child and then you can make an assumption. Then get down to the root of the problem. I can say this as someone who doesn't really like the school, and mean it.

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted December 13, 2007
I feel like the staff at SCHS only want the money. Grades should come before discipline.

Star City High School
206 Cleveland St, Star City, AR  71667
Last modified Star City High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Star City High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top