Posted November 04, 2010
I am concerned that more and more of the advanced classes are being "outsourced" to the community college for concurrent college credit. Teaching positions and courses are being eliminated as district loses population.

Posted June 03, 2010
I taught at Stuttgart High for five very enjoyable years. The staff and the students made me look forward to going to work each morning! After the new superintendent took office, all this fell apart. She seemed to encourage disharmony anong the staff, rewarding backstabbers and punishing competence in the classroom. She also managed to fire, replace, or drive out as many male teachers and administrators as possible, and substituted women in those positions (I was driven out by constant harassment by the office -- I was told that I "needed retraining as a teacher", AFTER being awarded both state and federal award for my teaching ability! The last I heard, this "superintendent" was gone; let's hope the next one is actually HUMAN.

Stuttgart High School 0

Posted April 23, 2009
I dont leave in Stuttgart anymore. I am now a sophmore at North Little rock High School District. When I went to Stuttgart schools everything was on track. the teachers were awesome, and when they taught us we had fun. I miss Stutgart and all my friends.

Stuttgart High School 1

Posted November 26, 2007

Stuttgart High School 4

Posted September 27, 2006
I believe the Stuttgart High School to be one of the best in this part of the state. I live a few districts away, but choose to bring my children to SHS. Both of my children are in AP classes, so the education they receive is probably better than those in regular classes. The problems as I see them are: lack of parental involvement in some students' education; lack of respect for authority shown by some students; teachers' fear of disciplining some students.

Stuttgart High School 4

Posted August 29, 2005
I am a current student at Stuttgart High School. Overall I feel that the majority of the teachers truely enjoy teaching and offer as much help as they can, unfortunatly it is rare for the students to actually take advantage of these oppertunities. Recently we had a drastic change(i.e. new principal, new assistant principal,new school board members, new teachers, and a lot more students from humphrey) they seem to be trying as hard as possible to get things back into a normal routine but these changes make it difficult. The AP classes are well instructed and can be challenging and this school offers a variety of different classes for different fields of study to choose from. Overall the only problems i find myself having at this point is over crowding on busses to college and medical classes and a recent rule on hall passes.

Stuttgart High School 5

Posted March 22, 2005
- a former student
Stuttgart high is a nice school to attend. I am a graduate from the class of 2003, and i loved every moment of my days at this school. It's a nice environment, and you can get one-on-one help from the teachers. The only thing that i dislike about stuttgart high is the way they discipline the students (and that's not a bad complaint). For the person that said the scores are low, that's because the students decide not apply their knowledge. So do not blame the school, there are great teachers such as: mrs. Ethel hatch, mr. Eric holloway, ms. Meredith jackson, coach c. Rhodes, ms. C. Massengile, and ms. Jane fergerson (counselor). These teachers helped me molded into the person i am today. They care about the students, so before you blame the school district- ask someone. I love stuttgart high, and i hope they continue their excellence. Thanks!

Posted May 12, 2004
I am finding that this school is lacking when it comes to the graduating students reading ability's. Due to poor reading skills they are also poor speller's as well as lacking in communication skill's. Leaving them with poor vocabulary use as well. The academics are great! The sad part is, not every child is an athelete on the football team. Though I find that the community is very behind the school football program, I see it lacking in support when it come's to making sure that the student's will have a successful future as they don't teach the basics well enough to insure very good result's for the student's upon graduation. Though a friendly community school, I wish they would focus more on the ability's of the student's and what they can do to better insure their futures concerning good communication skill's and good basic knowledge.

Stuttgart High School
401 West 22nd St, Stuttgart, AR  72160
Last modified Stuttgart High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stuttgart High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top