Edward D. Trice Elementary School 4

Posted February 05, 2014
This school does have good extra curricular activities, average academics and discipline is actually enforced.

Posted August 27, 2012
After relocating to a new state and of course a new school district, I am grateful for the strong foundation that the faculty and staff provided for my children at Trice Magnet. My oldest son struggled his kindergarten year and Mrs. Baker was a great part of his success. Despite recommendations to repeat kindergarten, she continued to work with him. The efforts and success of Ms Clary and Ms Wade did not go unnoticed. Ms Clary was a constant help. My other son made it to kindergarten and boy was he in love with Mrs Thane!!! I don't understand why this school is rated only at a 5. They put on 5 star performances and know each student by name whether the students have been in their class or not. The support staff (custodians, cafeteria, and aides) work really hard to keep his campus clean and functional. The PTA is active and functions well, lets not forget Ms Harris and Ms White!!! The principal and vice are welcoming and understand. I appreciate where my kids started. If you have any problems, questions, or concerns, I promise if you just give them a call, they are more than willing to help.

Posted July 29, 2012
Both my daughter and my son go to Trice. There has been a couple of bumps in the road but, as a parent we all expect the best for our children so, a couple of bumps is expected. I Love this school and have decided to buy a house in this area because the school is that awsome! This is a school where people and teachers really care. Mrs. Harris is the best, a true honest and sweet lady. Mrs. Thane is the most awsome teacher I have ever met. I came from Dallas born and raised where I came incounter with alot of Great Teachers but, this one makes you feel at home.

Edward D. Trice Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2011
I will enroll my children in a different school district next year. On numerous occasions I have entered the school and observed a teacher talking down to children in an aggresive voice. Most of the teachers I have had experience with are lazy and incompitent.

Edward D. Trice Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
I think Trice is the best school because it is in a wonderful neighborhood and has great teachers!!!

Posted June 03, 2007
Before Kindergarten started this year, Our Grandson informed us,'School was going to ruin his life'! We were very concerned! He spent most of his time on the farm with us, and we weren't going to be there to help him. We thought we were in trouble. When he saw all the kids, he decided it may not be so bad. His teacher, Ms.Selph, is excellent at her job. He went from hating to color,(and couldn't) to making all E's on his last report card. We were so proud. His teacher, and all the school staff, helped him learn to enjoy coloring & drawing, along with his counting, reading, etc. He also received all E's in behavior. He loved his Teacher. She made his first year of school, (and ours) a good one. Trice has a great staff. We were very pleased.

Posted April 21, 2007
I'm a Trice parent and I love this school. Its a magnet of the arts and has such a great learning environment. My second grader comes home talking about artistic mediums that I didn't use until high school! I think exposing the arts to children while young will encourage creativity and make better problem solvers by thinking outside the box. Way to go Principal Harris and all the Teachers, musical instructors and aides for all your dedication to our kids. I'm so happy with Trice. Its not every day you get to walk into an elementary school and hear piano jazz coming from the cafeteria; at Trice thats a wonderful commonplace.

Posted August 02, 2005
I think they should have more teachers like mrs. Selph she is a super woman when it comes to being a kindergarden teacher. Hip hip horrah for mrs. Selph and all her patience with Edward!

Posted June 10, 2005
We came from a school where they were telling me my son was going to fail because of his learning disability. When we moved from there to Trice, He ended up making A HONOR ROLL!!!! Ms Bussey, has made a wonderful transfomation in him and I am proud to say that she is overall my favorite teacher ever! She was skilled in teaching Branden learning methods that work FOR HIM, not just the way every other student normally learns! I am very thankful that he ended up with such a talented teacher. THANK YOU Ms Bussey!

Edward D. Trice Elementary School 3

Posted November 18, 2004

Edward D. Trice Elementary School
4505 Pinson St, Texarkana, AR  71854
Last modified Edward D. Trice Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward D. Trice Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top