Trumann High School

Public | 9-12

Posted July 31, 2013

Trumann is slow on reacting with student problems. I'm glad I moved my children away. Horrible dramatic school. Bad atmosphere. Rude front office staff.

Posted October 7, 2012

I have raised three children in this school district and have seen the struggles it has had; however, I have also witnessed school improvement. Trumann may have had a bad reputation but is working its way up. We now have a school that has moved on with the times by providing personal computers for every student in the district. My son who is now a Jr. has been in this school since kindergarten. He struggled for several years because of the "No Child Left Behind Act" because he had to wait for others to catch up. However, this year with the implementation of the personal computers and freedom to learn their own way, his GPA has jumped up and now is making A's and B's in every subject. He has taken two years of French and is now taking Spanish. We may be a "football" school, but we are also about increasing the quality of education. I am proud to be a parent in the Trumann School District and love the improvements I see coming.

Posted May 5, 2008

Trumann High School as a whole is an average school, but this score is actually hindered by the students, not the faculty. As one who has spent past thirteen years of my life attending this school, I can proudly say that my grades, ACT scores, and various other test grades allow my admittance to any Ivy League college in the country. Our instructors are actually some of the best in the state (especially our math and english departments), but the students lack the attention span or the desire to learn. This, as you can guess, makes it very difficult for a teacher to do his/her job. The teachers genuinely care for the students (I've had many close conversations with our faculty). As for the AP classes mentioned in the Nov '07 post, I have recieved enough college credit through the high school to start college classified as a junior.

Posted November 24, 2007

Our school is about average, I have been here Pre-k through 10th grade, which is my current grade level. Throughout the years, many children have left and it seems as if every time we get a great teacher, he/she moves. I don't understand why this is such a recurring trend, but it doesn't say much for our school. Our school needs much more acedemic opportunities for us! We only have 5 AP courses, and one of those is art. I have never even had a B in a subject and would appreciate the chance to further my education via high school.

Posted November 18, 2007

I am 16, Ive went to Trumann since K-grade. I love it there. Yes, It has a bad rep., But you cant blame the Faculty. They Try their best to help us with anything we need. Yes, We are a 'football' school , but they are working so hard to make our scores go up. Spend one day at the school and you would see how much we prepare for the test. As far as the other comments go, about taking their children out. Thats why our school is going down. People see one thing they dont like, and instead of trying to solve it, they just move.

Posted January 17, 2006

I myself went to Trumann for a few years and moved back years later to find affordable housing. Luckily for my children in elementary and intermediate they had some wonderful teachers and faculty. However, as far as junior high and high school things suddenly changed. I am afraid that Trumann hasn't changed much since I was a child myself. It will I believe always be a 'Football' school and only that. The mentality of the district is one of making the sport number one above all else. With that kind of small town thinking nothing will ever change. And if the town doesn t make changes and soon towards their curriculum and the importance of art, music, and foreign languages then I am afraid Trumann will keep having good people with intelligent children moving. Luckily we did move to another state whose schools main interest is providing a well rounded education.

Posted December 4, 2004

OH I agree 100% with the remarks that was made in the Oct-2004 message, the Jr. and Sr. high school is in great need of employees who dont act like children themselfs..the elem. school I was very pleased with but the upper grades im very unhappy and as a matter of fact im moving so that my children are not subject to the bad manners and down grading of the staff any longer.

Posted October 5, 2004

I am utterly disgusted with the demeanor and conduct of the principals of both the jr. High and the high schools. Their conduct is that of hastily, and childlike. I believe we need someone who is more professionally suited for the job. I am about a half step away from informing my state representative, congressman, and the school board in whole to engage in a meeting. I am utterly disgusted with the school system in trumann, arkansas! they ought to be ashamed of themselves! God, please forgive them, as they know not what they do. God forgives the ignorant.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

82 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

101 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

91 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 63%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

1620 West Main St