Trumann, AR

Trumann High School 1

Posted July 31, 2013
Trumann is slow on reacting with student problems. I'm glad I moved my children away. Horrible dramatic school. Bad atmosphere. Rude front office staff.

Trumann High School 5

Posted October 07, 2012
I have raised three children in this school district and have seen the struggles it has had; however, I have also witnessed school improvement. Trumann may have had a bad reputation but is working its way up. We now have a school that has moved on with the times by providing personal computers for every student in the district. My son who is now a Jr. has been in this school since kindergarten. He struggled for several years because of the "No Child Left Behind Act" because he had to wait for others to catch up. However, this year with the implementation of the personal computers and freedom to learn their own way, his GPA has jumped up and now is making A's and B's in every subject. He has taken two years of French and is now taking Spanish. We may be a "football" school, but we are also about increasing the quality of education. I am proud to be a parent in the Trumann School District and love the improvements I see coming.

Trumann High School 4

Posted March 28, 2009

Trumann High School 5

Posted February 05, 2009

Trumann High School 3

Posted May 05, 2008
Trumann High School as a whole is an average school, but this score is actually hindered by the students, not the faculty. As one who has spent past thirteen years of my life attending this school, I can proudly say that my grades, ACT scores, and various other test grades allow my admittance to any Ivy League college in the country. Our instructors are actually some of the best in the state (especially our math and english departments), but the students lack the attention span or the desire to learn. This, as you can guess, makes it very difficult for a teacher to do his/her job. The teachers genuinely care for the students (I've had many close conversations with our faculty). As for the AP classes mentioned in the Nov '07 post, I have recieved enough college credit through the high school to start college classified as a junior.

Trumann High School 1

Posted January 13, 2008

Trumann High School 3

Posted November 24, 2007
Our school is about average, I have been here Pre-k through 10th grade, which is my current grade level. Throughout the years, many children have left and it seems as if every time we get a great teacher, he/she moves. I don't understand why this is such a recurring trend, but it doesn't say much for our school. Our school needs much more acedemic opportunities for us! We only have 5 AP courses, and one of those is art. I have never even had a B in a subject and would appreciate the chance to further my education via high school.

Trumann High School 0

Posted November 18, 2007
I am 16, Ive went to Trumann since K-grade. I love it there. Yes, It has a bad rep., But you cant blame the Faculty. They Try their best to help us with anything we need. Yes, We are a 'football' school , but they are working so hard to make our scores go up. Spend one day at the school and you would see how much we prepare for the test. As far as the other comments go, about taking their children out. Thats why our school is going down. People see one thing they dont like, and instead of trying to solve it, they just move.

Trumann High School 2

Posted January 17, 2006
I myself went to Trumann for a few years and moved back years later to find affordable housing. Luckily for my children in elementary and intermediate they had some wonderful teachers and faculty. However, as far as junior high and high school things suddenly changed. I am afraid that Trumann hasn't changed much since I was a child myself. It will I believe always be a 'Football' school and only that. The mentality of the district is one of making the sport number one above all else. With that kind of small town thinking nothing will ever change. And if the town doesn t make changes and soon towards their curriculum and the importance of art, music, and foreign languages then I am afraid Trumann will keep having good people with intelligent children moving. Luckily we did move to another state whose schools main interest is providing a well rounded education.

Trumann High School 4

Posted March 03, 2005
- a former student

Trumann High School
1620 West Main St, Trumann, AR  72472
Last modified Trumann High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trumann High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top