Tuckerman High School

Public | 8-12

Posted May 21, 2014

My sister and I were both enrolled in Tuckerman Highschool. I did well in all the classes because they were so absolutely basic any first grader could do them. I was accepted at this school because 1 I was born and raised in Tuckerman. 2 Because I played basketball well. 3 Because I was friends with teachers kids and my mom was a Sub. My sister was not. Yes she went through highschool with a 4.0 GPA but she was relentlessly bullied. She had Social Anxiety Disorder and many other things wrong with her ( bone problems so she could not play sports) and she was immediately put into the 'freak' category. I remember her coming home with bruises because of two boys cornering her and 'roughing her up'. Another time I remember staying home and my sister getting home in tears. What had happened was a group of girls yelled at her and made fun of her because she put her window down on the bus because she couldn't breathe. The teacher monitoring the bus even joined in on the bullying. One girl stood up for her. The girl who stood up for her became and outcast and was bullied after that. I DO NOT recommend this school.

Posted January 20, 2014

I am currently enrolled in tuckerman highschool and it is the worst school I have ever been to! If you play sports you are automatically popular and get special treatment from the teachers. Very few teachers try to help you actually learn something, as for the others, they could care less. It's sad that they don't enforce the academic learning as much as the 'no phone' policy. Unless your child is good at sports don't send them here. This is a horrible school that has all of it's priorities focussed on sports and acting propperly functional in front of state observers.

Posted September 12, 2013

I was a former student at Tuckerman High School several years ago. My main complaint with it is that at the time I attended, academia was not as important as the sports program. If you weren't an athlete in school, you were a nobody. Oh, sure, we were encouraged to do well in our classes, which many of us did, but mostly because the classes were laughably simple. I flew through with a near perfect GPA with little effort on my part, and now I'm currently working toward a degree in education. I am also disappointed with the lack of respect my peers showed for academia as a whole. I was mocked and ridiculed for being "that freaky smart kid". Granted, I had my eccentricities. I had no love for sports, never attended any of the sporting events, and I was (and still am) an avid reader and dreamer. I normally kept to myself because of the ridicule and didn't develop any lasting friendships as a result. Overall, I must say my experience was rather poor, but I am definitely not an accurate representation of the norm at Tuckerman High. If all you want for your child is a mediocre education and a closed mind, by all means send them here. Otherwise I would suggest a private school.

Posted February 4, 2009

I've been in this school and I absolutely loved it u r welcome and my parents went there so my mother and father's teacher's knew my last name I think U should try this school . Also you get sports , activities, and field trips and alot more!!!

Posted October 19, 2008

I am a graduating student (2007) of Tuckerman High School. All I can say is that all my life I have always strived to do my best and seek out opportunities in life. Unfortunatly this school does nothing to help anyone. It doesn't prepare you for life or college. Maybe if you go to any easy college where most of the classes are the equivalent of those taught in high school. When I came to college, 300 miles away, I was not prepared for college due to the lack fo study skills Tuckerman High School failed to teach us. The people who find that this is a great school must not really have high expectations for a high quality education with also skills for life. Most people would say that it is up to the parents to instill these skills and lessons, but then what are we paying the teachers for?

Posted January 15, 2005

I think this school is the greatest school in the nation. It has great teachers, great academic program, great sports, great coaches( Coach Gilbert, Coach Roberts, and coach Skaggs). This school has done alot for me and i wouldlike to think everyone in this school. The princpals are awsome, they are Mrs. Tanner, and Mr. Smith. And the super intendent is awsome, that would be Mr. Shannon. I have much more but time is short.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

49 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

54 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

55 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

52 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a
Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 62%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

300 North Dowell St