Bad
Good

My sister and I were both enrolled in Tuckerman Highschool. I did well in all the classes because they were so absolutely basic any first grader could do them. I was accepted at this school because 1 I was born and raised in Tuckerman. 2 Because I played basketball well. 3 Because I was friends with teachers kids and my mom was a Sub. My sister was not. Yes she went through highschool with a 4.0 GPA but she was relentlessly bullied. She had Social Anxiety Disorder and many other things wrong with her ( bone problems so she could not play sports) and she was immediately put into the 'freak' category. I remember her coming home with bruises because of two boys cornering her and 'roughing her up'. Another time I remember staying home and my sister getting home in tears. What had happened was a group of girls yelled at her and made fun of her because she put her window down on the bus because she couldn't breathe. The teacher monitoring the bus even joined in on the bullying. One girl stood up for her. The girl who stood up for her became and outcast and was bullied after that. I DO NOT recommend this school.

I am currently enrolled in tuckerman highschool and it is the worst school I have ever been to! If you play sports you are automatically popular and get special treatment from the teachers. Very few teachers try to help you actually learn something, as for the others, they could care less. It's sad that they don't enforce the academic learning as much as the 'no phone' policy. Unless your child is good at sports don't send them here. This is a horrible school that has all of it's priorities focussed on sports and acting propperly functional in front of state observers.

I was a former student at Tuckerman High School several years ago. My main complaint with it is that at the time I attended, academia was not as important as the sports program. If you weren't an athlete in school, you were a nobody. Oh, sure, we were encouraged to do well in our classes, which many of us did, but mostly because the classes were laughably simple. I flew through with a near perfect GPA with little effort on my part, and now I'm currently working toward a degree in education. I am also disappointed with the lack of respect my peers showed for academia as a whole. I was mocked and ridiculed for being "that freaky smart kid". Granted, I had my eccentricities. I had no love for sports, never attended any of the sporting events, and I was (and still am) an avid reader and dreamer. I normally kept to myself because of the ridicule and didn't develop any lasting friendships as a result. Overall, I must say my experience was rather poor, but I am definitely not an accurate representation of the norm at Tuckerman High. If all you want for your child is a mediocre education and a closed mind, by all means send them here. Otherwise I would suggest a private school.

I've been in this school and I absolutely loved it u r welcome and my parents went there so my mother and father's teacher's knew my last name I think U should try this school . Also you get sports , activities, and field trips and alot more!!!

I am a graduating student (2007) of Tuckerman High School. All I can say is that all my life I have always strived to do my best and seek out opportunities in life. Unfortunatly this school does nothing to help anyone. It doesn't prepare you for life or college. Maybe if you go to any easy college where most of the classes are the equivalent of those taught in high school. When I came to college, 300 miles away, I was not prepared for college due to the lack fo study skills Tuckerman High School failed to teach us. The people who find that this is a great school must not really have high expectations for a high quality education with also skills for life. Most people would say that it is up to the parents to instill these skills and lessons, but then what are we paying the teachers for?

Last modified Tuckerman High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.