Posted August 01, 2013
As a current student at VBHS I have to say that I absolutely love my High School. They have an excellent music program. I am a former member of the band, I am going into the 11th grade I decided to get out because of the stress involved in marching band. I had the best biology teacher ever, Mrs. Gail Saifi is such an awesome teacher and she deserves the respect. I am a choir member going on my second year, Mrs. Kathy Hoover is the best ever and I love her a lot :) As far as education wise with me in marching band it was a little stressful to get my home work done and get all of my stuff done in time and work around band schedule. I had the best experience my 10th grade year. I loved band, but in my opinion grades and school work are more important than extra curricular classes :) I love I can be in chess club and in choir too :) and still have a music credit. I hope to graduate with at least a 3.8 GPA. I want to be a music major and I feel like I can achieve that at VBHS :) It is a great school, and a lot of people talking negative about because of what they see on the news about it. But the VBSD staff and facility take extra good care of us students and makes sure we are safe :)

Van Buren High School 2

Posted March 14, 2012
This school can be great or horrible depending on where your child ends up, with what teachers, in what social group, etc. I attended this school myself and found the administration to be severely lacking but the teachers to be excellent and I succeeded in school. My first two children didn't do as well. The middle child fell into drugs bad at that school and told me of how easy it is to sneak off campus and how much the teachers just goof off and encourage the kids to in class. Also, he was a good kid making good grades and never affected by peer pressure but he said he was surrounded with the drug pressure constantly. He is in a better place now. My last child will not be going to that school. I saw for myself after repeated visits the lack of caring for the children there. They are just numbers now.

Van Buren High School 2

Posted January 18, 2012
Very disappointed in the lack of communication from teachers and administration. Totally understand time constants in education; however, a number of parents are very frustrated with the lack of professionalism and responsiveness among some of the faculty and the administrative leadership at Van Buren..

Van Buren High School 0

Posted October 26, 2008
I'd like to say Van Buren is very well organized, I believe the faculty goes above and beyond to educated their students. With a new facility comes new opportunities and I look forward to seeing what the performing arts dept. has in store for us this spring. The athletics and AP programs are of high focus in this district. Students choose to take advantage of what the Van Buren school district has to offer. All kinds of new programs have taken place but it's up to the student to participate. Fort Smith walks students through their sub-par education. Good luck surviving in the real world. My student was a state debater, offered numerous scholorships and was very much prepared not manufactured, to enter into a higher level education.

Posted July 26, 2008
Van Buren High School is one of the best schools in Arkansas. There are some really amazing teachers and the staff seems very student-oriented. The best thing about Van Buren is the music program. Mike Jones and Ron Smith do an AMAZING job with the band, which is arguably the best in the state. Kathy Hoover does a great job with the choir. In short, Van Buren High School is an amazing school/

Van Buren High School 3

Posted January 17, 2008

Van Buren High School 4

Posted August 29, 2007
I've been pretty satisfied with the education my son has gotten at VBHS. Can't speak directly to the question of principal leadership since I haven't had any personal experience with that. His teachers have been excellent; Gail Saifi and Steve Brodie in particular - they teach difficult subjects well by making them interesting and fun. That said, I think the school (and the district as a whole) places too much emphasis on sports, at the expense of educating the students who are struggling. The students don't even have their own textbooks for each class; they must check them out to take them home, which I find ridiculous.

Posted October 22, 2006
VBHS is the best High School in Arkansas, period. They are the State Champions in both Soccer and Band, the Van Buren Pointers Rock!!!

Van Buren High School 1

Posted June 20, 2005
- a former student

Posted June 06, 2005
I am very proud of the Van Buren School District. My children have been blessed to have, for the most part, wonderful teachers and school facilities. My oldest child just graduated with high honors and has earned a full scholarship for his college, including room and board. Van Buren has much to offer academically and through various extracurricular activities and organizations. What's also wonderful about this district is the amount of parent participation, which is encouraged by the schools. If you're looking for a quality place to live and raise your children, Van Buren is it.

Van Buren High School
2001 Pointer Trail, Van Buren, AR  72956
Last modified Van Buren High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Van Buren High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.