Vilonia, AR

Vilonia Junior High School 1

Posted September 28, 2013
I used to be a student at Vilonia.... so I thought we would make the move and have my son go to school there. Wrong decision... it's definitely not how it used to be. The principal is incompetent and the school is ran like a prison. The comments that other parents left are true. If your child is not involved in football... you might as well forget him fitting in. The kids have all grown up together and are not willing to accept new kids. I feel that if Vilonia had an Ambassador and help new kids get acclimated with their new surroundings it might be easier for the kids. I found the teachers to be really nice and do a good job. The kids aren't allowed to keep their cell phones on them or even in their locker. They have to drop them off in a box and then pick them up in the office at the end of the day. But, I should add that the football players get to keep theirs and put them in the "football lockers". The unfairness is ridiculous. I would think twice before sending my child there.

Posted May 30, 2011
REPLACE THE PRINCIPLE! He was apparently never informed that the main objectives of he and his staff should be to encourage and educate! He is, instead, more interested creating (and has created) a hostle environment by labeling students and treating students like prisoners. This person should have been replaced when he was Vice Principle, instead he was promoted! He has ZERO people skills and MUST GO! This is the type of situation that can motivate distressed students to retaliate.

Vilonia Junior High School 2

Posted May 23, 2006
The entire school district is focused on football and the band program. If your child isn't involved in these activities they will be considered an outcast.

Posted November 02, 2004
I moved to Vilonia 7 years ago, after researching the school district and found only rave reviews. At the time my children were all in elementary school, and I loved it! Once the started moving up to Middle school, Junior High and now High School, my opinion has changed. They do not like the kids to be individuals and I fully believe they would be much happier with robots; most of this does not come from the teachers, but from the principals. I have not been very happy with they way they handle problems, be them actual behavior or something they feel is morally wrong. I don t recommend the school district to anyone who believes kids are individuals and should be treated as such, that is not recognized as a good character trait in Vilonia once they reach the higher grade levels.

Posted October 27, 2004
Compared to nearby school districts, this is a great school. It could be even better. It is more focused on the teacher (too much?) rather than the student.

Vilonia Junior High School 2

Posted October 14, 2004
My wife and I bought land in this school district for the sole purpose of our children getting to attend school here. We have four children in the chool district(school year 2004-2005). If you are a parent that thinks you should have a say, I would throw caution to you. Vilonia has it's own school board, there is no one to appeal to off of school grounds. The only thing you can do is move out of the district or homeschool if you disagree with personel. This school district does not participate in 'school choice' program(Act 609 of 1989). They will not release a student to another district even if you have been accepted by another school district superintendant. Parents aren't aware of alot of the school(not school district)policies because they are verbal and up to a teachers discresion without any rules governing them.

Vilonia Junior High School 4

Posted July 23, 2004
This school is an ok school overall. I was a student there. The teachers are really cool and teach very well. The principals are something that you will definately here your child complain about. Its really easy to fit in. The school was really great overall.

Vilonia Junior High School
1164a Main St, Vilonia, AR  72173
(501) 796-2037
Last modified Vilonia Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vilonia Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top