West Fork High School 4

Posted March 27, 2007
Over all I think wf is a really good school. We moved here from kansas city, which the schools there really have a lot of problems.My son had started failing some of his classes and skipping alot. But since we came here he likes to go to school again.He is in the 11th grade this year and doing alot better. I have only had one problem with a teacher. but over all i would give west fork a very good rating. thanks to all the staff there. keep doing a good job.

West Fork High School 5

Posted November 16, 2005
- a former student
I graduated from West Fork in 2004 and went on to college. I accredit the efforts of the staff at West Fork for making it so easy to pass not only freshmen, but sophomore level classes at the college I now attend. Not only was it the one-on-one support I recieved from all my teachers, but it was also the fact that most of the students wanted to learn just as much as I did. Of course there are always those exeptions, but West Fork did their best to involve everyone in everything, if the student wanted to put forth the effort. I plan on sending my child to West Fork to get the same small school enviroment I did, and hopfully the same success later in life.

West Fork High School 4

Posted October 05, 2005
As a teacher at WFHS I agree with some of what others have written. Yes, it does lack some in the discipline area. This all starts at home. That is why I give the parent involvement category a low rating. It is also hard to discipline a student when it is not followed up at home. Lunch detention is a deterent, but does not alleviate the problems.

West Fork High School 3

Posted June 15, 2005
- a former student
Wf is an ok school, but mediocrity is the highest it will ever reach. Aside from having a more personal relaationship with the teachers and staff, there is really nothing that sets this school apart from the rest. Just like any other shcool, Wf has its good teachers and its bad ones. More than that, they are all alike in one respect- that their authority is lacking aand therefore do not get respected from the student body as well they should. In many cases, the disciplinary actions sanctioned to take care of bad behavior are too mild and meek. I guess they are meant not to 'lower teh child's self esteem'. God forbid we as students ever be wrong. Moreover, a more personalized relationship with any teacher, much less all of them, means a more personalized grudge. Butt isnt picking favorites part of life?

West Fork High School 3

Posted September 01, 2004
WF is not the greatest place to go, whatever parent wrote that these kids do not care about weight or looks is crazy. If anything they tend to care more, because it is such a small school you get to see everyone at one point or another. Plus, a lot of these kids parents went to WF, and their grandparents, so its very cliquie. Also, there tends to be a great deal and racism, and sexism in WF. Not by the teachers, or even the pricipal, this is mostly by the students, whose parents taught them and their parents. Since at least half of the people raised there never leave, these 'family values' just keep on coming. So as a student of WF, who has first handedly witnessed all that goes on, I would not recommend any parent send their child here, because really, it has nothing to offer.

West Fork High School 5

Posted April 04, 2004
We love this school. We moved here from Springdale, where the schools were so crowded, that kids got lost in the crowd. My son went from making all A's and B's to flunking several classes. Here at West Fork, the school is small enough so that they take time to help the kids with problem areas, and get them through. My son is once again passing nicely. Kids are friendly. Weight or looks don't matter to these kids, they just want to have friends. I never see any of them smoking or causing trouble, and I also don't see mini skirts so short that everything is hanging out!

West Fork High School
359 School Ave, West Fork, AR  72774
Last modified West Fork High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Fork High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top