No rating

West Memphis Christian School

Private | 7-12 | 332 students

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in West Memphis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $65,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $600.

Posted September 18, 2013

I currently have 3 children attending WMCS, 2 in high school and 1 in elementary. We came to this school from a public school because I no longer felt that public education was no longer willing to offer my children what they needed to reach their full educational potential. My children have blossomed at this school; they are happier here than they were in the school that they attended for 8 yrs. They are being challenged (educationally and technologically), they have wonderful, caring teachers, and they are being educated in a Christian, family environment. It may be a small school, but my children NEVER lack for extracurricular activities. The staff is working very hard to give my children the best education that they can be given to prepare them for college. I would recommend this school to anybody!

Posted August 1, 2013

West Memphis Christian School is a trendsetting school embedded in a Christian environment using 21st century tools to equip 21st century learners to be productive and spiritually-grounded citizens in a digital world. At our core we are inexcusably focused on spiritual growth and development. We are driven to prepare our students to be ready for the future God has prepared for them. That future looks much different than what exists yesterday and will even evolve tomorrow. Therefore as a school we adapt to changes and collaborate with one another to think critically to solve the challenges of tomorrow. Last year's senior class received $1,946,015.00 in scholarship offers for many different universities. With 28 in the class, that's an average of $65,000 per student!!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted August 1, 2013

Wonderful. We came to WMCS for the academics and sports programs, we received a network a awesome teachers who are Christ centered but also want and strive for academic excellence. The school is modern in its facilities and education. The iPad curriculum is great for parents and students planning to attend universities.

Posted March 7, 2013

This school does not prepare students for success in 4yr colleges and beyond. If your child plans to attend a technical school,a career college or a church of christ affiliated school they will get the educational foundation needed. Having all As in a school that does not have a challenging, competitive curriculum is really a waste of time and money. My children now attend WM Public schools. When they enrolled they were so behind. What would be considered AP or advanced at West Memphis Christian is standard track at WMHS. One of my children will graduate from WMHS in the Fall with a 34 ACT 18 MSCC College hours, 6 AP college hours and full scholarship to UCA,and the ability to live, get along and thrive in a economically diverse, multi cultural, competivie atmosphere. Thank you WMC for helping me see the huge advantange my child now has by choosing a diverse multi cultural atmosphere with competition and challenging curriculum over the false sense of achievment and insulated world views. On a side note, I find it interesting that WMC never gives college or university attendance statistics, acceptance rates to these schools or scholorship dollars earned..red flag I should have seen.

Posted November 12, 2012

I had two children attend this school Pre-K through 12th. In the beginning tuition was reasonable. Tuition is triple what it was when my oldest started there. We chose this school out of necessity due to the area of West Memphis we lived in. We were not going to send our sons to the public school there. The education they received is above average. I feel they are trying to compete with Memphis private schools in that they have added school uniforms. This is an added cost to parents above the tuition which is a waste since the kids will only wear these clothes to school and nowhere else. New Headmaster this year decided to have every student use iPad. Mandatory Insurance of $50.00 only covers if damaged accidentally. Does not cover lost or stolen. If you have $10,000 extra a year, you can afford this school. That amt. will cover tuition, extra fees for sports, field trips, uniforms, meals, iPad, tech. fee. bldg & grounds fee, school, sports & clubs pictures. Only other school option is Marion in this area. I would not even consider West Memphis public schools. Most parents have their own business or come from rich families. Hard to get in the in crowd unless you are wealthy.

Posted January 16, 2010

The school has small classrooms and the older teachers are excellent. The school has poor leadership especially in the elementary school.

Posted September 18, 2009

Just last night, I had questions about the test load for my 3rd grade student. I was able to call the elementary principal, at home, without hesitation. She spoke to me as an educator, but also as a mother. With loving guidance, she gave me advice to help both my son and I conquer his test schedule. She is even meeting with me this afternoon to show me how she tackled the same problem with her son while he was in grade school. I couldn't ask for a more supportive principal than her!

Posted July 27, 2008

Both of my children attended WMCS. My oldest graduated and my youngest is in High School. I have always been treated like family. We do not attend the same church but that has never been an issue with the school. They always include and invite my sons to participate in all activites, school and church related even though they know we are another denomination. My children were never made to feel any different from the Church of Christ children attending the school. I am very pleased and would not change schools for any reason. The school has NEVER tried to change our beliefs either. My oldest son still feels he can go by the school and get help and advice for college. They follow the students and keep them involved years after they graduate. They are like family.

Posted May 9, 2007

All of my children are at West Memphis Christian. I have children in elementary, junior high and senior high. This is wonderful atmosphere for students. I love the small numbers in the elementary, and communication is so good from the internet(schoolnotes.com) to the weekly schedules given a week in advance. My children can join Chess Club, Little Knights, a non-competitive basketball league for 1-4th graders, to French and German classes. There are so many activities for the students to choose from. In junior and senior high my children are on the college track. They will take college courses in their jr and Sr years and I know they will be ready for their college careers. All the teachers are very well qualified and knowledgeable in their fields and willing to help before or after school if my child is having trouble.We moved from public and oh, what a difference!

Posted May 9, 2007

I am a teacher at West Memphis Christian School. I made the move from nearby Marion where I taught 7th grade English, and moved my four children from West Memphis schools two years ago. I am so happy. I love the family atmosphere and the small classes. All of my coworkers are certified, degreed(40% with Masters) and more than competent. We are very conscientious about teaching these children the things they need to learn to progress. I put my teaching and my school up against any other you could name.I am so thankful I made the move.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 15, 2006

This is my child's first school year at West Memphis Chiristian's DayCare. I am really please at the way the staff's patience and willness to get to know every child and their parents. Everything that I was looking for in a Day-School for my child was there waiting all I had to do was to get her enrolled and wait or an opening. All my questions about academics were answered before I could ask them. It was like a pray answered on a silver platter. Everything was handed to me: a daily schedule, projects, supplies, field trips, extra clothes, school closing, tuition fees, late fee, extra- curricula activities for Day-Care students. I'm looking forward to many years with West Memphis Christian.

Posted July 27, 2005

My children have attended WMCS their whole lives. We would never think of sending them anywhere else. The school not only offers an outstanding academic curriculum, but it offers the comfort and safety of loving teachers. The family atmosphere is so reassuring. I know when I leave the building my kids are safe and cared about.

Posted July 21, 2005

Both of my children have attended WMCS basically from birth (daycare). My oldest daughter has graduated (with honors) and was very well-prepared for college thanks to the wonderful education she received there. Our son is still in elementary, and we are so thankful for the tremendous education he is receiving. But more importantly, they have both received so much reinforcement for their spiritual well-being. Although no schools are perfect, we are so thankful for the loving atmosphere and the way the teachers challenge our children to do their best. We believe that our children have gotten the best all-around education we could have ever hoped for. WMCS does not have to take a back seat to any school in the area. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 17, 2005

WMCS elementary dept. was a great experience. My children loved the atmosphere and I felt completely grateful to had found such a wonderful school. This year however my oldest child moved to the Junior High School and has not been happy at all. I have found that the christian understanding among students is not present. Most of the teachers are encouraging and stimulating with their classes while others are not. The administration appears willing to listen ,but don't truly hear you unless you are in their church, school board or members affiliated in some way to their church organization. So be wary if you are not involved with any of these and live outside of their community ,penetrating that wall will only give you a headache. New families welcomed but after 3-4 months who are you again I forget?

Posted January 18, 2005

WMCS is a great school. Nice family-like atmosphere. Teachers really get to know the students & the parents. However, the small class size is a double edged sword when it comes to learning. I feel like the slower students really hold the quicker students back.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Foreign languages taught
  • Spanish

Health & athletics

• Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • John Armstrong
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of Christ
Fax number
  • (870) 400-4001

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Chapel/spiritual reflection center
  • Computer lab
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Track

School culture

• Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council

Apply now