7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Looking at most of these reviews they are 3 years or older. The school has since had administration changes and increased rigor in academics and athletics. Test data is released to parents and our children score above state and national averages. They also release scholarship information and out of 14 students alone last year, those seniors received over a million dollars in scholarships. Not only are the academics challenging, but many athletic teams are state champions or at least place in state. In addition, the family atmosphere, helpful and well educated teachers, and Christian education my children receive is outstanding. With local school districts not being safe and having poor test data, it is a no brainer to send my kids here. Tuition was lowered to around $6000 which helps tremendously. I could go on and on about how helpful the administration and faculty are. The only reason I gave a 4 instead of a 5 is that I believe there is always room to improve somewhere. The school seems to always strive for excellence and continue to improve even more every year. My advice is to check it out for yourself. Call and schedule a tour. Speak with administration and ask any questions you would like about the school. Once you have this first hand experience, then judge for yourself. WMCS is definitely the right choice for us k-12.

I currently have 3 children attending WMCS, 2 in high school and 1 in elementary. We came to this school from a public school because I no longer felt that public education was no longer willing to offer my children what they needed to reach their full educational potential. My children have blossomed at this school; they are happier here than they were in the school that they attended for 8 yrs. They are being challenged (educationally and technologically), they have wonderful, caring teachers, and they are being educated in a Christian, family environment. It may be a small school, but my children NEVER lack for extracurricular activities. The staff is working very hard to give my children the best education that they can be given to prepare them for college. I would recommend this school to anybody!

This school is going in the wrong direction--tuition too high, TOO MUCH EMPHASIS ON SPORTS. Need to get back to the basis of teaching and forget about Uniforms, petty rules, Spirit Days.

West Memphis Christian School is a trendsetting school embedded in a Christian environment using 21st century tools to equip 21st century learners to be productive and spiritually-grounded citizens in a digital world. At our core we are inexcusably focused on spiritual growth and development. We are driven to prepare our students to be ready for the future God has prepared for them. That future looks much different than what exists yesterday and will even evolve tomorrow. Therefore as a school we adapt to changes and collaborate with one another to think critically to solve the challenges of tomorrow. Last year's senior class received $1,946,015.00 in scholarship offers for many different universities. With 28 in the class, that's an average of $65,000 per student!!

Wonderful. We came to WMCS for the academics and sports programs, we received a network a awesome teachers who are Christ centered but also want and strive for academic excellence. The school is modern in its facilities and education. The iPad curriculum is great for parents and students planning to attend universities.

This school does not prepare students for success in 4yr colleges and beyond. If your child plans to attend a technical school,a career college or a church of christ affiliated school they will get the educational foundation needed. Having all As in a school that does not have a challenging, competitive curriculum is really a waste of time and money. My children now attend WM Public schools. When they enrolled they were so behind. What would be considered AP or advanced at West Memphis Christian is standard track at WMHS. One of my children will graduate from WMHS in the Fall with a 34 ACT 18 MSCC College hours, 6 AP college hours and full scholarship to UCA,and the ability to live, get along and thrive in a economically diverse, multi cultural, competivie atmosphere. Thank you WMC for helping me see the huge advantange my child now has by choosing a diverse multi cultural atmosphere with competition and challenging curriculum over the false sense of achievment and insulated world views. On a side note, I find it interesting that WMC never gives college or university attendance statistics, acceptance rates to these schools or scholorship dollars earned..red flag I should have seen.

I had two children attend this school Pre-K through 12th. In the beginning tuition was reasonable. Tuition is triple what it was when my oldest started there. We chose this school out of necessity due to the area of West Memphis we lived in. We were not going to send our sons to the public school there. The education they received is above average. I feel they are trying to compete with Memphis private schools in that they have added school uniforms. This is an added cost to parents above the tuition which is a waste since the kids will only wear these clothes to school and nowhere else. New Headmaster this year decided to have every student use iPad. Mandatory Insurance of $50.00 only covers if damaged accidentally. Does not cover lost or stolen. If you have $10,000 extra a year, you can afford this school. That amt. will cover tuition, extra fees for sports, field trips, uniforms, meals, iPad, tech. fee. bldg & grounds fee, school, sports & clubs pictures. Only other school option is Marion in this area. I would not even consider West Memphis public schools. Most parents have their own business or come from rich families. Hard to get in the in crowd unless you are wealthy.

The school has small classrooms and the older teachers are excellent. The school has poor leadership especially in the elementary school.

Just last night, I had questions about the test load for my 3rd grade student. I was able to call the elementary principal, at home, without hesitation. She spoke to me as an educator, but also as a mother. With loving guidance, she gave me advice to help both my son and I conquer his test schedule. She is even meeting with me this afternoon to show me how she tackled the same problem with her son while he was in grade school. I couldn't ask for a more supportive principal than her!

Both of my children attended WMCS. My oldest graduated and my youngest is in High School. I have always been treated like family. We do not attend the same church but that has never been an issue with the school. They always include and invite my sons to participate in all activites, school and church related even though they know we are another denomination. My children were never made to feel any different from the Church of Christ children attending the school. I am very pleased and would not change schools for any reason. The school has NEVER tried to change our beliefs either. My oldest son still feels he can go by the school and get help and advice for college. They follow the students and keep them involved years after they graduate. They are like family.

Last modified West Memphis Christian School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12