West Memphis, AR

St. Michaels School 2

Posted October 14, 2013
This school has some serious issues. For one the teachers play favorites. Nothing is done with bullies. The classes are too small and the building's condition is terrible. If you want to send your child to a good Catholic school that will give then a great education then go somewhere else. This school is not worth the time!!

St. Michaels School 1

Posted January 02, 2012
Too many changes! I tried to give this school year a chance at St. Michael's, but I see it going in a different direction for ever. The new pincipal did nothing over a bully in the upper grades last year who hurt both boys and girls - physically and verbally. Principal always said she was "praying about the matter". More like misguided compassion. Also, last year, the school had to let several people go over the summer over finances. That's fine, but one of the people let go had a doctorate degree. The person who took his place is okay, I'm sure, but from what I understand does not even have a gradaute degree nor that many years teaching exp. If they are trying to save money this is a poor way of doing it - by keeping the cheapest labor. Also, my family can't take another year of drama about the school possibly closing. If you are in the principal's "inner circle of friends", you will be fine. If not, be prepared to be treated like a 2nd class citizen - especially if your child has a problem with one of her friends children.

St. Michaels School 2

Posted May 27, 2011
I don't know what is happening at St. Michael School this year. The former principal who had been there a while and who was excellent stepped down, then seven staff and faculty members were laid off after Christmas of 2010. Grades are starting to combine in order to save money. Sorry, I have seen this school go from great to not so good in just over one year. The new principal appears to be more concerned over keeping the doors open than the quality of the education at any cost.

St. Michaels School 0

Posted March 03, 2009
Our son started kindergarten @ St. Michael's this year. He has hands down the best teacher in this area. He has amazed us with what he has learned from art to math to reading and scoring 100% on 16 out of 18 on AR reading program.These teachers give 100% support and care to their classes.

Posted August 19, 2008
We moved our son to St. Michael's last year after a rough start at another school. His teacher worked really hard with him throughout the year. My son needs extra help and his teacher gave him that. All the teachers are very caring and it shows that they love the kids. I loved the small class environment as well.

Posted July 04, 2008

Posted March 29, 2008
I finished St.Michael's in 2007 one of the brightest kids in my class... Their teaching methods are amazing and the teachers understand student's needs they don't judge someone by their academic skills or their religion or race this catholic school teaches the main goal of any christian school to love and care for one another. I am now attending WMC and am gettin 95-100 in every single class it's to easy If your kid goes to St.Michaels they will be about 2 grades ahead of everyother school.. Trust me!

St. Michaels School 4