Yellville, AR

Yellville-Summit Middle School

Posted December 05, 2008
Kids from northern states are ridiculed and called yankees? never heard that one before. a male teacher was too harsh on a student? at that time there were two men teachers at the middle school who were both harmless. before you post a crude comment about YSMS on this website you need to get your facts straight. the middle school has a great program and every kid leaves a different person than they were before. some of the comments that were posted offended me greatly because none of that exsists here. everyone genuinely cares for one another, making a great work environment, which spills over into the care for kids. all the teachers at the middle school are some of the best in this area, try talking to them if you have a problem. if you get second hand information, try going to the source. everyone is willing to work with

Posted August 30, 2006
I believe this school thinks way too much of themselves. The teachers should stay in the classes more often so when the students have a question they could answer them. Also they could referee some of the activities. Also they complain about lack of parent involvement, I tried giving time and money, no more. Also it would be nice if they,the faculty, could find more significant things to worry about instead of what kind of briefcase a student is using.

Posted February 21, 2006
As a whole Yellville Summit schools are sufficient to teach your child basic education and meet the state standards. Teacher/Parent interaction is almost non-existant or negitive if were not born here, or your last name isnt the right one then your voice is not heard. The teachers tend to be condescending and rude toward parents visiting the school, unless they have an agenda. For the most part they are just interested in the over all head count for state funding. They should use some of that funding to provide the students with a safe, comfortable place to go to school. Cellings are falling in, old play ground equiptment. They gym that the Elementry students use does not have air conditioning, and the temps. get up to over 100 in late spring, and fall. There is alot that needs to be done at Yellville Summit. And it is NOT being done.

Yellville-Summit Middle School 4

Posted June 15, 2005
My child has attended Yellville since kindergarten and has received an excellent education. She has been treated fairly and respectfully by the staff and adminsitration. I have also been impressed with the way the students in her class treat each other. They are protective and supportive, especially to those who may stuggle in shcool. Yellville's staff and administration are compassionate and educated. You can tell by being around them that they really like and enjoy children. There is always room to improve and Yellville could use some updated facilities. Several of the buildings are getting on in years and there are a few too many mobile/temporary classrooms.

Yellville-Summit Middle School 5

Posted October 06, 2004
We moved up here a year ago from Louisiana and our children have never been happier! They are given more teacher attention and all the staff bend over backward to help in any way they can. This school and the people of this community are better than we had ever hoped for. Just wish we could have moved here years ago.

Yellville-Summit Middle School 5

Posted July 14, 2004
This is the best school ever! I have attended Yellville Summit for 4 years. I have had the best time ever. The students are nice. The principle and the teachers are like your best friend. The principle trys until he succeeds to fix any argument... There are great programs, such as the M&M's program, it is to help kids to settle arguments by mediating them. The teachers try and try until you understand something. I was behind when I came to Yellville, and they worked with me and worked with me until I was caught up. I have so much fun learning at Yellville Summit, then I have had anywhere else.

Yellville-Summit Middle School 2

Posted December 08, 2003
The high school has a horrible tobacco problem that is for the most part overlooked by teachers and principals. They deny that there is a problem at all. My 9th grade son was even offered marijuana the first week of school. When we went to the principal about it - he seemed disinterested and not willing to even check into it. Another of my children was treated very poorly after we moved to Yellville from another neighboring town. The teacher chastised him because he already knew the lesson she was teaching (the other school was a head of Yellville). He was often punished for finishing his work before the other children. He had always been a very eager learner but she affected his whole outlook on school. I couldn t wait to get my children out of Yellville before the school system did any more damage.

Posted September 23, 2003
Children that relocate here from Northern states are treated poorly. They are reminded on a regular basis that they are Yankees and treated as outsiders by staff and peers.

Yellville-Summit Middle School
1124 North Panther Ave, Yellville, AR  72687
Last modified Yellville-Summit Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8
Yellville-Summit Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top