Posted May 20, 2014
I have two children with IEPs .Moving to Acton was one of the best things I could have done.What LAUSD could not teach my son in one year this school showed him in one month.He's other school said he was a slow learner cause he just knew three numbers.One month at Meadowlark and he counts to 50 and knows all he's abc's. My 11 year old has Autism all she made was sounds, one month of being here she speaks 10 words something that made me so happy we thought she was never going to talk.In my experience and what schools and teachers having been telling me about my children the Acton schools are just the best.

Meadowlark Elementary School 2

Posted September 04, 2013
Meadowlark was great when Gil Yoon was principal there. He really knew how to get the students enthusiasm up. Since he left, the school seems to have gone downhill. The school district superintendent seems to be more interested in nepotism than qualifications as far as staff goes. Some good teachers have come and gone. The focus seems to be on how to get more money for the district, not quality of education or listening to parents input.

Meadowlark Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
Mrs Freeman was a great principal who put 110% into her work at Meadowlark. It seems to me that she was very dedicated to making Meadowlark a better place, however her hands were tied by the superintendent that, in my opinion, views our children as liabilities instead of human beings with individual needs. The signs around Acton that read "Rediscover AADUSD" is district money wasted. Hiring a marketing person to get more "butts in seats" is a real slap in the face to this community. Shouldn't that money be spent on caring for the families that have been loyal to the district through all of it's challenges?

Meadowlark Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2013
I have two children who attend(ed) this school. Mrs. F, the principal, ran the school into the ground. She placates parents needs and does nothing to fix them. I have found the staff to be very helpful but some of the teachers have been around since I was in school and that was 20 years ago. I think there needs to be a better program for accelerated children. If it were not for the administration of this district I would have given it more stars but as it stands this district needs an overhaul, badly.

Meadowlark Elementary School 1

Posted April 28, 2010

Meadowlark Elementary School 0

Posted October 29, 2009
My son's teacher will tell everyone 'I love my job, I love to teach here'

Posted September 28, 2008
In my experience, the office staff is very protective of the students. If someone just walks in and does not sign in, and there is a very obvious sign in the entryway, the office staff or the aides will return the parent to the office for proper sign in and to receive a visitors pass. Some parents find this to be offensive, as if we don't trust them, but it is done for the safety of the students.

Meadowlark Elementary School 0

Posted September 26, 2008
The teachers are wonderful and dedicated. However, the office staff treats parents as though we are convicted fellons. Rather than asking if we need help regarding matter, they asume our children are in trouble or we don't want to follow rules. I find the demeanor of one in particular to be very attacking and sardonic. What a shame, this is a close community where we should be helping each other instead of treating each other badly.

Posted August 20, 2008
The school is wonderful. I'm so happy to have my children going here. The teachers my children have had were great. The parent involvement is 2nd to none. The lack of a proper library and the class sizes for K and 3rd up aren't great. However your kids will get what they need.

Posted June 05, 2008
I have two students that attend Meadowlark and I couldn't be happier. The teachers and staff are very caring. They take great pride in their students and the school.

Meadowlark Elementary School
3015 West Sacramento Street, Acton, CA  93510
Last modified Meadowlark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadowlark Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top