Bad
Good

Love the teacher and the Asmo the music program.

This school goes above and beyond with students and parents the principal and staff are a great example of what students need to achieve outstanding academic results. I'm surprised it's only a 6 I think it should be a 10. The principal Ms. Farley is doing a wonderful job with this school. Miss Hilary the secretary is extremely helpful to the parents and students. The teachers are faboulus and the employees are friendly and kind to parents and students. Keep up the wonderful work Meadowlark!

Develops character: Agree

My daughter just started going to this school, the experience that she has had in these past 4 days has been very pleasant and she is very exited with all the staff.

I love this school. We have had a great experience. I would recommend it for anyone

We moved to Acton in 2013, after school was already in session. We came from a school we were very happy with, so as parents we were a bit nervous for our son to start a new school! I can not say enough about Meadowlark School! An amazing principal (who was also new to the school) and a great group of teachers and staff! My son is flourishing and is doing so much better then we could have hoped! Great school, Great community! A+

I have two children with IEPs .Moving to Acton was one of the best things I could have done.What LAUSD could not teach my son in one year this school showed him in one month.He's other school said he was a slow learner cause he just knew three numbers.One month at Meadowlark and he counts to 50 and knows all he's abc's. My 11 year old has Autism all she made was sounds, one month of being here she speaks 10 words something that made me so happy we thought she was never going to talk.In my experience and what schools and teachers having been telling me about my children the Acton schools are just the best.

Meadowlark was great when Gil Yoon was principal there. He really knew how to get the students enthusiasm up. Since he left, the school seems to have gone downhill. The school district superintendent seems to be more interested in nepotism than qualifications as far as staff goes. Some good teachers have come and gone. The focus seems to be on how to get more money for the district, not quality of education or listening to parents input.

Mrs Freeman was a great principal who put 110% into her work at Meadowlark. It seems to me that she was very dedicated to making Meadowlark a better place, however her hands were tied by the superintendent that, in my opinion, views our children as liabilities instead of human beings with individual needs. The signs around Acton that read "Rediscover AADUSD" is district money wasted. Hiring a marketing person to get more "butts in seats" is a real slap in the face to this community. Shouldn't that money be spent on caring for the families that have been loyal to the district through all of it's challenges?

I have two children who attend(ed) this school. Mrs. F, the principal, ran the school into the ground. She placates parents needs and does nothing to fix them. I have found the staff to be very helpful but some of the teachers have been around since I was in school and that was 20 years ago. I think there needs to be a better program for accelerated children. If it were not for the administration of this district I would have given it more stars but as it stands this district needs an overhaul, badly.

My son's teacher will tell everyone 'I love my job, I love to teach here'

Last modified Meadowlark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.