Posted January 25, 2015
Both of my sons attended YB. My now 15 year old (a HS freshman) still goes back to campus when he can to visit his favorite teachers. My youngest, now a 5th grader started out kindergarten shy, and anxious, we had just moved here and lost all his friends with the move. In no time, he blossomed. He is confident and outgoing and loves going to school. He loves the technology and especially the Hip Hop PE! To be honest, I work and am not on campus very much. So I couldn't tell you much about the day to day goings on-Wednesday morning awards assemblies and "walk-to-talk", etc. I just know that when it's spring or summer break, he can't wait to go back to school. That to me says it all. Oh, and PS. The onsite YMCA is a GREAT Choice for after school care, too.

Posted January 25, 2015
I feel so blessed to have found the perfect school for my son. This is our third year at Yerba Buena and it just gets better each year. The teachers are dedicated and are extremely positive. The office staff is friendly and helpful. The principal is wonderful. My son loves having lunch with her once a week! The parents are lovely and work hard to make sure our school is a happy place to be. The new Thursday lunchtime art is a wonderful option for students. The Arts and Technology focus meets the needs of all types of learners. I highly suggest you look at YB when choosing a school.

Posted January 25, 2015
Yerba Buena is a nurturing and exciting place for learning for all students. The dedicated staff is sensitive to the students' needs, working hard to offer differentiated instruction for their students' varied strengths and weaknesses. During the winter holiday season, the staff even put on a presentation for the students to enjoy! The principal is a caring and enthusiastic leader. The students know that she is always in their corner, rooting for them to succeed. This is our ninth year here at this school and the experience has just gotten better and better through the years. Our family loves YB and are so thankful for our time here!

Posted January 25, 2015
Whenever you read a lone one-star review from a parent, it's almost certain that it's someone with a bone to pick who is never satisfied. In a more general sense, Yerba Buena has pluses and minuses like any other school. The minuses are mostly related to things that are felt across all CA schools -- the lack of state funding. This has serious ramifications on resources that ALL our public schools struggle with. What makes the difference for our district and this school in particular is parent involvement. Thankfully, YB has a culture of participation both on volunteer and monetary levels. This allows YB to supplement where the state fails us -- we have an amazing PE/dance program, an arts teacher, specialized music like African drumming and more. This is thanks to the vision of our amazing principal, the teachers who implement that vision, and the parents who support it. The fact that YB is a CA Distinguished, Blue Ribbon, 5-Star GATE school speaks for itself. Our principal has done wonders for the school. I thank her, the teachers and the parents who contribute to make those programs happen. Five star all the way!

Yerba Buena Elementary School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
I do like the outward appearance of the school. The new look of the school is nice and clean. The grounds are nice. There are a small amount of excellent teachers. The original Principal was better than the new one. The new one has lost focus on the important things for male students. There are some teachers who are ready to retire and our children pay the price with crabby attitudes, I have heard 1st hand on field trips as they yell at our kids. There IS daily Bullying on the playground that is NOT discussed with the parents. Alot is kept quiet because the kids don't tell out of fear. And yes....they ask for alot of $$$ donations for the school. If I knew 1/2 of what was going on in the school I would not attend. Left early

Posted June 27, 2014
As my youngest of three children starts his final year at Yerba Buena Elementary, I realize I am overdue in putting down my thoughts here. All three of my kids will have spent their entire elementary experience at YB and I could not have asked for a more caring, well-rounded, positive place. YB truly sets the foundation of learning in place. My three children are VERY different learners and all flourished at YB. The teachers are exceptional at reaching out to every type of student, whether they are traditional, think-outside-the-box or GATE-type learners. They really get to know each and every child in depth. There is a great partnership between the teachers, principal, office staff and parents who work their tails off to support the school. Finally, as a parent who has been at YB going on 12 straight years, I have watched the school change, grow and stay strong. From moving to a new location to weathering the state financial crisis, YB remains solid thanks to the people who support it. My sincere thanks to everyone for an incredible experience. All my kids love going to school, and that's the greatest thing a parent can wish for.

Posted June 22, 2014
YB is everything you could want for your child. The Principal and Staff go way above what you would expect from a public elementary school. The environment is extremely caring, supportive, engaging and fun. Parents give what they can in the way of donations and time -but there is absolutely no pressure. We moved to Agoura Hills for the schools and have been pleasantly surprised.

Posted June 22, 2014
Yerba Buena is the school that has something for every child and family. The principal and staff's knowledge and experience in differentiated instruction is priceless. They go above and beyond their duties and pay scale, working endlessly to help every student at all levels. YB staff and PFA hosts a variety of school programs and events reaching all students and their families. They strive to develop each student emotionally, socially and academically. Under the directions of Principal Desiderio the opportunities at Yerba Buena are endless. I can't wait to see what YB will bring in 2014-2015.

Posted June 22, 2014
YB has old school charm with new age philosophy and academics. I was touched to know part of their curriculum in kindergarten was to be a "bucket filler" or just "a good person". This is the fundamental concept of feeling good about oneself when you compliment, support, befriend, tutor, listen, etc. to another student/person. It fills their bucket, which in turns fills your own bucket because you had a positive influence on someone else.

Yerba Buena Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2014
The school is not bad, but the hype is surreal. The principal and some teachers don't care about you and your kids if you are not actively raising funds every week/month. This hurts the working and middle-class families and subjects their children to all kinds of silent and subtle suffering. When it's time for awards and recognition, it matters little that your child excelled in everything asked for. The awards go to those that barely meet the eligibility requirements but have been in the inner circle of the Principal, her favorite teachers, and the PFA clique. My child, for example, was in 5th grade advanced math; was recently tested for gifted students and was invited to join a school for gifted and talented students; and, over all, almost always scored the highest in her class in all tests/subjects (because kids know it and I know the scores), but was passed for others, some clearly less deserving, for the awards. I know this because I occasionally sub in the district schools and have friends here. Well, they cannot take away the potentials of your child, for sure, but if you are like me it will hurt. That's all.
5 people found this helpful

Yerba Buena Elementary School
6098 Reyes Adobe Road, Agoura Hills, CA  91301
Last modified Yerba Buena Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yerba Buena Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 118 reviews. Top