Posted June 27, 2014
As my youngest of three children starts his final year at Yerba Buena Elementary, I realize I am overdue in putting down my thoughts here. All three of my kids will have spent their entire elementary experience at YB and I could not have asked for a more caring, well-rounded, positive place. YB truly sets the foundation of learning in place. My three children are VERY different learners and all flourished at YB. The teachers are exceptional at reaching out to every type of student, whether they are traditional, think-outside-the-box or GATE-type learners. They really get to know each and every child in depth. There is a great partnership between the teachers, principal, office staff and parents who work their tails off to support the school. Finally, as a parent who has been at YB going on 12 straight years, I have watched the school change, grow and stay strong. From moving to a new location to weathering the state financial crisis, YB remains solid thanks to the people who support it. My sincere thanks to everyone for an incredible experience. All my kids love going to school, and that's the greatest thing a parent can wish for.

Posted June 26, 2014
I am proud of the year we have had at Yerba Buena, most especially becoming a 2014 California Distinguished School. Our first year of our dance program was a huge success and parents were elated after seeing the free performance at the Agoura High School PAEC. We offered many events at no cost to our families including the Invention Convention, Math Family Night, Dr. Seuss Night, Science Night, and a parent night keynoted by Nathan Levy. Our families and staff members were very generous to those less fortunate during Trick or Treat for Unicef and Big Sunday. I am thankful for the amazing staff and families who donate their time and energy to our school. We are true partners with our parents and appreciate their support. I look forward to another successful year! have a restful summer. Principal Desiderio

Posted June 22, 2014
YB is everything you could want for your child. The Principal and Staff go way above what you would expect from a public elementary school. The environment is extremely caring, supportive, engaging and fun. Parents give what they can in the way of donations and time -but there is absolutely no pressure. We moved to Agoura Hills for the schools and have been pleasantly surprised.

Posted June 22, 2014
Yerba Buena is the school that has something for every child and family. The principal and staff's knowledge and experience in differentiated instruction is priceless. They go above and beyond their duties and pay scale, working endlessly to help every student at all levels. YB staff and PFA hosts a variety of school programs and events reaching all students and their families. They strive to develop each student emotionally, socially and academically. Under the directions of Principal Desiderio the opportunities at Yerba Buena are endless. I can't wait to see what YB will bring in 2014-2015.

Posted June 22, 2014
YB has old school charm with new age philosophy and academics. I was touched to know part of their curriculum in kindergarten was to be a "bucket filler" or just "a good person". This is the fundamental concept of feeling good about oneself when you compliment, support, befriend, tutor, listen, etc. to another student/person. It fills their bucket, which in turns fills your own bucket because you had a positive influence on someone else.

Yerba Buena Elementary School 2

Posted June 10, 2014
The school is not bad, but the hype is surreal. The principal and some teachers don't care about you and your kids if you are not actively raising funds every week/month. This hurts the working and middle-class families and subjects their children to all kinds of silent and subtle suffering. When it's time for awards and recognition, it matters little that your child excelled in everything asked for. The awards go to those that barely meet the eligibility requirements but have been in the inner circle of the Principal, her favorite teachers, and the PFA clique. My child, for example, was in 5th grade advanced math; was recently tested for gifted students and was invited to join a school for gifted and talented students; and, over all, almost always scored the highest in her class in all tests/subjects (because kids know it and I know the scores), but was passed for others, some clearly less deserving, for the awards. I know this because I occasionally sub in the district schools and have friends here. Well, they cannot take away the potentials of your child, for sure, but if you are like me it will hurt. That's all.

Posted April 07, 2014
Yerba Buena Elementary School offers many different learning opportunities via unique activities like African Drumming, hip hop classes, Walk Through the American Revolution, Colonial Fair, art programs, Reading Counts, and interesting technology applications in the classroom, etc. There is a lot of variety for a variety of learners.

Posted October 29, 2013
My kids attended the original YB, and now my grandkids are at the new, amazing YB facility. Luckily, the one consistency is the high quality of teachers in the Las Virgenes school district. I volunteer in 2 classrooms and, as the daughter of a school administrator, I pay close attention to all the details. I am very thankful the next generation of our family gets to attend such a wonderful public school.

Posted October 22, 2013
I have two kids attending YB and we are in our second year with the school. Last week my 5 year old said to me as we walked into school on the new walking/bike path, "Mom, I thank God for the wonderful school I get to go to." I couldn't agree more! Except, I would also like to thank my husband for going to work everyday to support us living in the the YB school zone. Both of my boys run into school so excited each and everyday. They both love YB and their teachers. The school offers so much to our kids like art, music, PE, dance, computers, an amazing library. Also, YB and Mrs. Desiderio has been able to keep the class sizes so low. What more could we ask for? The parents participate and are all so down-to-earth and friendly too. "YB Positive? Because we can!" This really does fit our school.

Posted October 20, 2013
Yerba Buena: Great Principal & Staff. Three grandchildren have attended the school and its many activities. Current principal is absolutely outstanding in her work.

Yerba Buena Elementary School
6098 Reyes Adobe Road, Agoura Hills, CA  91301
Last modified Yerba Buena Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yerba Buena Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 116 reviews. Top