Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

In this bullying culture of ours, unfortunately a couple Willow teachers who yelled, swore, threatened and humiliated certain kids in front of their peers, while in the classroom, are "teaching" our children that this cruel behavior is acceptable. Kids learn by example. My husband and I were shocked to see this. Would be best if some of these teachers were encouraged to retire before they do any more damage while teaching our future leaders. The newer teachers and principal are trying their best within this culture. Thank goodness! We hope the new can influence the old guards because that is what will make this school a 5 star in our book.

Academically, the school is fine. There are, however, issues with how the school handles bullying. They would rather victim-blame and sweep incidents under the rug than deal with the situation. They are far more concerned with their reputation than with their students' well-being.

We love Willow Elementary! I am not sure who can possibly post any negative comments about it. I constantly discuss school matters with my friends whose children go to different schools, and everybody is jealous calling our school "the perfect school." Not only we are in one of the best school districts in California (top 2%), Willow is simply amazing! The kindergarten teachers are very proactive in getting to know the children. Kids have snack/lunch breaks in the shade, and healthy food choices are encouraged. We got weekly updates about what the kids did during the past week. In our class, the parents are friendly and helpful.

I am honor to have my son (Dale) attending Willow Elementary school in Agoura Hills, CA. The teachers, principal, staff have the same objective in mind: to teach our kids solid foundations that one day can be applied toward higher education.

We've found a winner here in Agoura, CA! We've had a lot of experiences with many schools as my husband has to move because of his job. We are going to try and stay in this area as long as we can. The Principal is intelligent, caring, humorous and competent...5/5 rating!! The teacher quality is excellent and don't forget the teachers for special needs students...they're great too. My husband and I and our kids are very happy with their teachers again this year. I actually missed the staff and was so happy to see them again after summer break! Parent involvement is great and the teachers have to hold lotteries for parents who want to attend field trips! It's an all around wonderful school in an all around wonderful school district in a great city to raise our children! Everyone gets a 5/5 stars!

Willow struggles. The principal is out of touch with what really goes on in the classrooms and is difficult to communicate with. Many parents feel that she has her head in the clouds. They have split teacher classes with new teachers who have no idea what's happening and then subs come in a lot which creates gaps in learning since no one is on top of the children's academic progress nor informing parents on what they can do at home to support their child. You have to "home school" your child after they've been in school all day. They present information in the class, but don't know how to actually "teach" the concepts or check for comprehension. They want you to write notes to teachers and put them in their folders (which the kids can read) rather than simply answer an email. I don't want to wait over a week for a response from a teacher when there are important details to communicate in present time. It seems like it used to be a good school a long time ago, but I would go to Sumac or Yerba Buena before Willow these days. Recess is not well supervised. When the kids are mean to each other, no one helps them learn to socialize appropriately.

After rigorously comparing private schools to Willow, I decided on Willow and it has been a wonderful choice. Excellent curriculum with lots of parent involvement, teacher accountability, and overall success. Willow not only earned the top scholastic scores in Agoura, but also ranks highly in the US. Most importantly, the school encourages good values and is still small enough to provide a personalized, supportive learning environment. Bravo!

My son is in first grade this year. He likes his school, his teacher and his class. Recently, the school started offering a wide variety of after school extra-curricular activities on Tuesdays, Wednesdays AND Thursdays directly on campus. He's thrilled because he gets to take more than one enrichment class now. (Enrichment classes used to be only on Wednesdays.) The only thing I wish was different is the PE class. Beside doing jumping jacks on the black top and jogging, they don't do much apparently because the school seems to be poorly equipped for PE. When I used to go to primary school, we used to play a wide variety of games, and the teacher would introduce us to different sports and we would even do gymnastics, which requires a lot of equipment etc...

excellent education facilitated by energetic, knowledgeable teachers; after observing all the elementary schools in this area, I was most pleased with Willow due to its curriculum, teaching methods, and parent involvement. It also had the most money raised by the parent associated, which leads to more enrichment opportunities...

Didn't really like the environment at Willow, though I think they have an excellent curriculum. Not enough enrichment programs compared to other LVUSD schools. Some students tend to exclude other students if they are not of the same cultural background. Mostly homogeneous environment.

Last modified Willow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.