Alameda, CA
After care: No

Alameda Science And Technology Institute 2

Posted April 16, 2015
Unfortunately this school leaves it's students struggling with it's math programs. Our 10th graders in pre calculus just took the Compass test and none of them scored into college level Calculus. Until this school makes their hardworking students a priority, I as a parent can not recommend it.

Posted December 07, 2013
Alameda Science Technology Institute has improved my academic skills and encouraged me to continue on to succeed. The students and teachers are friendly and are willing to help those who are struggling in their academics. Alameda Science Technology has proven to be a great school, even though it is a small school, yet a small community is able to work together no matter what.

Alameda Science And Technology Institute 3

Posted May 23, 2013
As a former student of ASTI, I have to say that it has many pros and cons. The school and its staff definitely have good intentions for the students, and likewise, many students are able to succeed in its academic program. However, the program is not only rigorous, but also very narrow-minded in terms of how students should learn and what they should learn. It is structured in a way that doesn't always give a student the opportunity to try new things. Additionally, its curriculum tends to dictate the lives of many of my peers. Granted, it does try to give students opportunities to explore activities they may enjoy--including being able to play sports for other schools--however the school counters these opportunities with its own curriculum. A dedicated student can very easily succeed in this kind of school, and the ability to earn an AA degree in high school can be very helpful time-wise and financially. But generally, I've seen more people simply become frustrated and tired from being at ASTI. I don't wish to condemn a good school, but I do think it's important to consider its setbacks along with the benefits, as they both greatly affect the students on many levels.

Alameda Science And Technology Institute 1

Posted May 21, 2013
This school is NOT for everybody! Yes, it is a good learning environment, but the teachers give way too much homework and if you miss a day you barely get time to catch up!

Posted August 16, 2010
Highly academic with rigorous program. It works - my daughter is starting her senior year of highschool and her sophomore year of college. Many students graduate with their associates degree at the same time as their high school degree. The school was written up in US News and World Report as one of the top high schools in the country (in only the school's 6th year!). This school is best for students interested in a small setting with less emphasis on extracurrilar and art and sports programs.

Alameda Science And Technology Institute

Posted December 24, 2009
I am currently a Sophomore at ASTI and I have to say, it really is tough work. Freshman and sopmore year are like a student's junior and senior year at a regular public high school. We have three new students that came this year. Our freshman year relly prepared us for this year, so they're stuggling a bit, but they're getting the hang of it. To be honest, I absolutely hated ASTI when I first came. However, I got used to it and learned to appreciate the oppurtunity I was given. There are some downfalls, but they are minor. We get to use the college library which is very helpful and take as many college courses as we please. If you're about work and limited play, then ASTI is for you. You may not get much leisure time, but it would definately be worth it in the end. Promise.

Posted October 02, 2009
They provide the best academic opportunities for high school students!

Alameda Science And Technology Institute 4

Posted August 20, 2009
Excellent public school. Unique early college program. Challenging yet supportive faculty. Safe environment. Good leadership. Making improvements each year.

Posted August 20, 2008

Posted January 23, 2008
Awsome School, I Joined ASTI mid year and love it. Plus you get to start college 2 years early

Alameda Science And Technology Institute
555 Atlantic Avenue, Alameda, CA  94501
Last modified Alameda Science And Technology Institute is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alameda Science And Technology Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top