Posted March 23, 2014
Amelia Earhart is a fantastic school. We have many wonderful teachers, a very strong principal, and a great parent community. Our school is noteworthy for its unique math, science and music program. We integrate these three disciplines and have a full-time science teacher. All students in K-5 attend weekly science labs and review science topics and concepts in their home room class. The science education our children receive is amazing and on par, if not better, than private education.

Posted March 31, 2009
Amelia Earhart is an outstanding school with very active parent community involvement. The teachers for the most part are wonderful and the principal is very supportive and hands-on at the school. We like it here a lot!

Posted April 29, 2008
I started first grade at Amelia Earhart in 1979, and even had the opportunity to meet Amelia's sister when she spoke at our school. My daughter now goes to Earhart and is able to experience and enjoy the same enrichment I had twenty nine years ago! I want to thank all of our devoted and caring teacher's, administration, volunteer's and of course are awesome kid's! Earhart Rule's!

Posted September 22, 2007
The education in this school is outstanding. I could see the achievement of my childern going to Amelia Earhart

Posted February 23, 2007
Although my child is only a kindergartner, I have been pleased with the quality of education, the diversity of the student body, the fun and interesting activities and crafts and the outstanding level of parent involvement.

Posted January 26, 2006
Parent involvement is at a really high level here! Although there is not enough art, music, and phys ed in school due to budget constraints, there are many afterschool and community programs available. I have enjoyed my son's teachers, and feel he is getting a great education and experience for a public school.

Posted October 16, 2005
Teachers in Amelia Earhart school are very involved in children's education. PTA staff contribute a lot of their time to raise funds for the children's field trips, etc.

Posted September 14, 2005
Earhart provides an excellent, well rounded educational experience to its children. The teachers are talented and devoted. The PTA is very involved.

Posted July 14, 2005
Offers strong well-rounded education, emphasizing academics as well as music, art, P.E. High parent participation. Very good school.

Posted March 10, 2005
Both my children have attended Earhart from Kindergarten. The school community is active and most teachers in the lower grades welcome parent volunteers. PTA raises a lot of money to pay for field trips, music, art lessons etc. While there are one or two teachers who are 'burned out' the large majority of the faculty are motivated and skilled professionals who genuinely love the children and put in extra hours and effort to help all succeed.

400 Packet Landing Road, Alameda, CA  94502
Last modified Amelia Earhart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Amelia Earhart Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top