Alamo, CA

Posted August 22, 2013
I think that the Principal is fantastic and Rancho was lucky to get her. The school is not perfect but she has taken every issue and attacked it with thought, research, diligence and innovation. She is a remarkable leader and because of her the school is better than it was when we started. As in every place there are great teachers and some you'd like to avoid but overall our children have gotten a good education. The nice thing about this school is that it is large enough that there are students and parents with a large variety of interests. The school is very welcoming and open with parents offering assistance and the kids get the benefit of extra activities and after school enrichment because of that support. I think the "clique of parents" that ran the school is outdated because the volunteers at school seem very socially diverse. The school as a whole seems very committed to an environment of positive change and learning. Lastly, I will say is that this school unlike some others in the area, does not have an ethnically diverse population. That is just a factor of the area feeding it and is out of the control of the school.

Posted October 25, 2010
We have two kids in Rancho. The teachers are very, very good; I don't know of any parent who can complain about the teachers, and many of the parents are quite demanding at this school. The principal is moving to the east coast, so who our new principal will be is a wild card. Yes, there are a lot of fund raisers, but it is all voluntary and given the state's cutbacks, it's necessary. There is a fantastic after school enrichment program with all kinds of classes available for the kids and the cub scouts is a very active program here. Some of the moms form cliques, but us dads are mostly oblivious to it.

Rancho Romero Elementary School 4

Posted August 30, 2010
Rancho Romero is a terrific school with a great learning environment for kids - period. I am a working mom and not overly involved and while I understand some of the comments folks have written about the parents, it is somewhat irrelevant to the education your child receives. Overall, with few exceptions, the teachers are very good. Principals simply are not able to dismiss teachers who do not perform, so every school has a few. Rancho has prepared my children well for middle school, and provided a safe atmosphere. We were lucky that our children biked to school so I didn't deal with the traffic.

Posted November 28, 2009
I love RRE ! All i think is how greatful my kid is to go to Rancho Romero!THe staff is great!

Posted September 16, 2009
Parental involvement at this school is outstanding and benefits all children who attend this school! This is our fourth year at Rancho and in my experience, the teachers at this school strive to be the best and teach the students with calm structure and amazing dedication, what's not to love??

Rancho Romero Elementary School 3

Posted October 21, 2008
Drop off/ pick up is a nightmare. The donation solicitations never end. Front office employees have been less than wonderful to deal with. Parents are extremely active, which I see as a positive and negative. With that said, I feel my children are receiving a great education, and I have always liked their teachers.

Rancho Romero Elementary School 2

Posted October 09, 2008
I transferred my children out of this school. The parents are very competitive with each other and are actually too involved with the school; it appears that the parents are running the school. They ask for money constantly. It has an atmosphere of a 'popularity contest' where the same families who donate/volunter the most get the best teachers for their kids each year.

Rancho Romero Elementary School 4

Posted August 02, 2008
I think it's a good school. Lots or parent involvement and fund raising. Lots of fund raising. I did feel like I was writing a check every time I turned around. The drop off and pick up is a mess. One way in and one way out. The teachers are spoiled but I think they do a good job.

Rancho Romero Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2006
At the time my 2 children attended this school, 1999-2003, we were not at all happy. Several of the teachers, I felt, were there just because it was a high-income area and many were 'pampered' by the parents and principle. It was more of a popularity contest between teachers and not enough attention was paid to quality of education.

Posted February 02, 2006
As much parental invovlement as you choose, great teachers and a very socially aware school doing lots of fundraising for themselves and others.

Rancho Romero Elementary School
180 Hemme Avenue, Alamo, CA  94507
Last modified Rancho Romero Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Romero Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top