Albany, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 11, 2014
I second the December 2011 post. Marin is the best that I could expect from public education in the East Bay. The school excels in math and science, and it offers excellent chess and music programs. The parents are very involved and work with the dedicated teachers and administration to make the most of school and its students. It is an honor for my children to attend this school, and I wish that all public schools would be at least this great.

Marin Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
We were really looking forward to start at Marin. The disappointment was huge. You can check almost everything on that school checklist: the school is clean, the library is good, there are pizza and movie nights, PJ days and field trips. What this school lucks is actual teaching. Kids in 2nd grade did not get ANY homework till end of October, handful of HW for the whole year. Whatever assignment kids did get was inadequate for the grade level. A week or so before the STAR test the teacher started showing them SOME things, but what can they get in ONE week?! We are going over math using Singapore Mathematics on our own, with language disaster. The motto is No Stress not sure if that s for kids or for teachers. Apparently no stress comes with no teaching . All parents I know do heavy extracurricular activities. It really depends on what you are looking for; this school is not about academics. On a positive note - lots of social events, lots of volunteers.

Posted December 17, 2011
The best school in the East Bay. Outstanding teachers, great students, excellent science/math/chess/music programs, and involved parents.

Marin Elementary School 4

Posted December 22, 2010
This school has a sweet community and dedicated staff who try really hard with the limited funding available. Unfortunately, there has been unnecessary administrative turnover and the district seems to have an agenda that I believe is not in the students' best interest. However, in terms of public schools in the east bay, any of the 3 elementary schools in Albany are still a great option.

Posted May 22, 2010
I think that the third grade is the best because the teachers are the best and I love the computer and card club in Room 3. All the teachers are great and I love the playgrounds. I also love that my friends at Marin come from countries all over the world. Happy Marin Student

Posted September 29, 2009

Marin Elementary School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I love Marin school because the teachers are wonderful! I couldn't ask for a better community of parents and kids. My child is so happy to be attending Marin school.

Posted July 07, 2009

Marin Elementary School 2

Posted April 24, 2009
Unfortunately, Marin and Albany schools seem to have a better reputation than they deserve. We've had 2 kids at Marin, including one just finishing up there. We think the quality of the teachers is uneven - there are some great teachers, and some pretty poor ones. With the great ones our kids had pretty good years. With the others, those were the years the kid hated going to school. We've also seen that if a kid is ahead of their grade in something, there's not much the teachers do to keep them interested - they mostly teach to the 'average' kid. For such a small district there seems to be some nasty politics sometimes, like with the debate going on about the crazy schedules in K-3. The school community is OK, though compared with what we hear from other schools and districts there's a lot more interaction between families elsewhere.

Posted June 07, 2008
Marin Elementary is a wonderful school. The teacher are commited to the students. My daughter, Julianna, had a very positive experience during the three year she attended this elementary school. The teacher were very focused on helping her succeed at her studies. Ms. Kubicki and Mr. Schauffler, her fifth grade teacher also kept each parent informed of class studies and activities thru monthly newsletters and emails. Ms. Wong, the science teacher, made science interesting this year for Julianna. The art teacher had her work displayed at a nearby Art Studio which really boost my daugher's self esteem. The visual performing arts teacher helped develop each student's public speaking. The new principal, Ms. Hornada, assisted me in helping my child receive academic assistance. Also, the school secretary and office staff have been very kind to my child. I would highly recommend this school.

Marin Elementary School
1001 Santa Fe Avenue, Albany, CA  94706
Last modified Marin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top