PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

this is a Montessori school located in Alhambra. They have morning and afternoon care available.

Oneonta montessori is amazing. First things first- the curriculum is very impressive to say the least, my daughter was challenged and succeeded. She has moved on to another private school and ranks at the top of her class. The teachers care about the children and want them all to do well. Having the option to put both my kids at the same school once my older one graduated was a definite no. I wanted my youngest to have the same opportunities as my older daughter.

Oneonta is a great school. My children have been going there for the past three years. It truly is like dropping them off with family. All of the teachers are very friendly and they will not hesitate to give feedback and talk to you about your child's specific needs. My older child is in Miss Courtney's kindergarten classroom and has come so far from where she started. Miss Courtney has made every effort to answer all of my e-mails promptly, answer any questions I have had throughout the school year, and has helped my child gain independence while challenging her to do the work we all know she is capable of doing. I would most definitely recommend this school.

I actually attended the school from preschool (4 yrs) to 4th grade so I had quite an experience here. While I was there, I thought I was learning many things, but when I got out into public school, I learned it was not much different. Public, depending on the area might even be better! Starting from 1st grade I began to feel that the teachers had favorites and certain decisions were affected because of it. I was so glad to leave after 4th grade because I am not going to down play it, it was brutal. There was a teacher who taught 4-6 grades who yelled so much I saw my classmate cry. And over what? cause she couldn't dance. If you responded wrongly, without even knowing, she would send you out, shouting that you made her day. She even tore apart a bake sale poster because a student spelled Sacramento wrong and threw it away angrily in front of all the students. Overall, she is a bad influence and should not be a teacher, I think students should have to be in that presence. The lead teacher in that class could not teach at all, lessons were dull and repetitive. She always handed over the papers to grade and Xerox to the new assistant so she virtually had nothing to do at all!

I love this school. There are so many great things to say about this school and not enough space to write it. The teachers are very caring and helpful. If you have any questions the staff is always there help. The children are very caring and nice. I love that all the children are taught to be independent and excel in every way. This is a great place for all kids to attend. Oneonta Montessori Rocks!

This is a awesome school they make learning fun.They are very nice.they are super cool

The 1st thing I want to say is I seriously doubt about those 4/5 star reviews. As a parent here for a year, I saw none of the good things mentioned. Regarding teachers, there're few that are qualified. Their 12/1 ratio is deceiving; except for the main teachers who know what they are doing, the rest acts as babysitters. The main teachers are not friendly, even arrogant. Regarding safety, this school is even worse than public schools. They don't notify parents when theres a lockdown, not during, not after. In the playground (it's pathetic btw), children are barely monitored. One time while waiting in the parking lot, I observed a kid push another one off a swing. The kid on the swing refused to stop while this other kid kept throwing sand at her and yelling at her. Finally, this other kid grabbed the swing and pushed her out of the swing. This kid cried and eventually walked away. This whole thing lasted for a good 4 minutes and no one came to intervene. Regarding tuition, it's expensive given the many days they take off and many half days they have. The only strength is its curriculum. Although, its beneficial only to smart kids. For slower kids, they don't get extra help.

Our child began at the school when she was two years old. Now, at 3 1/2 years old, she has blossomed in every way of her development. She loves school at Oneonta. She has made lovely friends, her teachers are excellent, the learning is always fun. She sings songs, counts, knows her letters, and has a great time every day on the playground. The staff has also been really supportive in helping the process of toilet training. The Director of the school is always open to Parents' comments about safety and enrichment. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a happy, intellectually stimulated child!

I have been teaching in an elementary school for twenty years. Besides the obvious, a great education, what I look for in a school is, WILL MY CHILD BE SAFE? Kids will be kids, horseplay, pushing, teasing, etc. They wouldn t be kids if they didn t rascal around every now and then. Well, there was a situation when my child felt bullied by another child. I spoke to a teacher in the morning and before the day ended, the problem had been addressed and a possible solution already enforced .DONE! The teachers and Miss Fiona worked together and TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS! Oneonta for SAFETY .Yes! Oneonta for a great education, well they just had an impressive Science Fair, where 100% of students participated presenting the coolest experiments in small intimate groups with parents, Oneonta for A GREAT EDUCATION .YES! With out any reservation, I would recommend this school to all parents as a GEM! It s a wonderful community of beautiful young inquisitive minds and parents that communicate for the better of our children. To the Teachers, especially Ms Noemy and The Awesome Leadership at Oneonta Montessori, Miss Virginia, Ms Audrey, and Ms Fiona, THANK YOU! Thank You Oneonta, You Rock!

I have a 4 year old attending this school and he loves it. This is my first time Experiencing the Montessori curriculum. I am amazed of how much my child has learned over the past 2 years he has attended this school. The staff is friendly, warm and welcoming. The class room environment is welcoming for the children to be engaged in their learning. This is an awesome school, recommended to any parent who is focused on exceled education.

Last modified Oneonta Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6