Posted September 18, 2014
Oneonta montessori is amazing. First things first- the curriculum is very impressive to say the least, my daughter was challenged and succeeded. She has moved on to another private school and ranks at the top of her class. The teachers care about the children and want them all to do well. Having the option to put both my kids at the same school once my older one graduated was a definite no. I wanted my youngest to have the same opportunities as my older daughter.

Posted June 02, 2014
Oneonta is a great school. My children have been going there for the past three years. It truly is like dropping them off with family. All of the teachers are very friendly and they will not hesitate to give feedback and talk to you about your child's specific needs. My older child is in Miss Courtney's kindergarten classroom and has come so far from where she started. Miss Courtney has made every effort to answer all of my e-mails promptly, answer any questions I have had throughout the school year, and has helped my child gain independence while challenging her to do the work we all know she is capable of doing. I would most definitely recommend this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love this school. There are so many great things to say about this school and not enough space to write it. The teachers are very caring and helpful. If you have any questions the staff is always there help. The children are very caring and nice. I love that all the children are taught to be independent and excel in every way. This is a great place for all kids to attend. Oneonta Montessori Rocks!

Oneonta Montessori School 1

Posted June 14, 2013
The 1st thing I want to say is I seriously doubt about those 4/5 star reviews. As a parent here for a year, I saw none of the good things mentioned. Regarding teachers, there're few that are qualified. Their 12/1 ratio is deceiving; except for the main teachers who know what they are doing, the rest acts as babysitters. The main teachers are not friendly, even arrogant. Regarding safety, this school is even worse than public schools. They don't notify parents when theres a lockdown, not during, not after. In the playground (it's pathetic btw), children are barely monitored. One time while waiting in the parking lot, I observed a kid push another one off a swing. The kid on the swing refused to stop while this other kid kept throwing sand at her and yelling at her. Finally, this other kid grabbed the swing and pushed her out of the swing. This kid cried and eventually walked away. This whole thing lasted for a good 4 minutes and no one came to intervene. Regarding tuition, it's expensive given the many days they take off and many half days they have. The only strength is its curriculum. Although, its beneficial only to smart kids. For slower kids, they don't get extra help.

Posted March 15, 2013
Our child began at the school when she was two years old. Now, at 3 1/2 years old, she has blossomed in every way of her development. She loves school at Oneonta. She has made lovely friends, her teachers are excellent, the learning is always fun. She sings songs, counts, knows her letters, and has a great time every day on the playground. The staff has also been really supportive in helping the process of toilet training. The Director of the school is always open to Parents' comments about safety and enrichment. I highly recommend this school to anyone who wants a happy, intellectually stimulated child!

Posted February 12, 2013
I have been teaching in an elementary school for twenty years. Besides the obvious, a great education, what I look for in a school is, WILL MY CHILD BE SAFE? Kids will be kids, horseplay, pushing, teasing, etc. They wouldn t be kids if they didn t rascal around every now and then. Well, there was a situation when my child felt bullied by another child. I spoke to a teacher in the morning and before the day ended, the problem had been addressed and a possible solution already enforced .DONE! The teachers and Miss Fiona worked together and TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS! Oneonta for SAFETY .Yes! Oneonta for a great education, well they just had an impressive Science Fair, where 100% of students participated presenting the coolest experiments in small intimate groups with parents, Oneonta for A GREAT EDUCATION .YES! With out any reservation, I would recommend this school to all parents as a GEM! It s a wonderful community of beautiful young inquisitive minds and parents that communicate for the better of our children. To the Teachers, especially Ms Noemy and The Awesome Leadership at Oneonta Montessori, Miss Virginia, Ms Audrey, and Ms Fiona, THANK YOU! Thank You Oneonta, You Rock!

Posted January 25, 2013
I have a 4 year old attending this school and he loves it. This is my first time Experiencing the Montessori curriculum. I am amazed of how much my child has learned over the past 2 years he has attended this school. The staff is friendly, warm and welcoming. The class room environment is welcoming for the children to be engaged in their learning. This is an awesome school, recommended to any parent who is focused on exceled education.

Posted January 10, 2013
Three of my grandchildren have attended Oneonta Montessori Preschool in Alhambra. The youngest is now in kinder. This school does an excellent job in preparing a child for a successful future. The teachers are very caring and experienced in their teaching, offering children the proper guidance and tools they need to be a success. These children are very self-assured and often amaze me as to the way that they can express themselves. They have an excellent vocabulary! Sometimes I feel as if I'm talking to a tiny adult as my granddaughter expresses herself so well. The school has various activities, field trips...hands on activities to satisfy their curiosity about many things in life. I was really impressed that my little five year old granddaughter came home on our recent election day, happy and exited saying "Guess what gramma! All of us voted today! And guess who won?! Obama did!!!" She always talks with such enthusiasm whenever they do something special. We are always informed as to her progress, and if we have any questions, they are satisfactorily answered. I cannot begin to say what a wise choice we have made in the choosing of this excellent school. Amazing! <3

Posted January 08, 2013
All three of my boys attend the Oneonta Montessori preschool. We are very impressed with the school. The teachers demonstrate a strong commitment to child growth and development. The atmosphere encourages the children to engage in their learning activities. I appreciate the special events the school involves our children in, such as raising funds for the victims of the hurricane, special packages for our men/woman of the military and holiday toy drives. The children are involved in a process of giving and are exposed to current events in an age appropriate manner. I absolutely feel the teachers genuinely care about our boys and are looking out for their best interest. They keep us updated on their performance and behavior by providing weekly notes. Also, the administrative staff is caring and available via e-mail and phone when needed. If you are looking for a nurturing, fun environment for your child/children I would highly recommend this school.

Posted June 01, 2012
Extremely warm teachers. Highly professional director. My 3 kids love it there. The school allows you to do things you wouldn't normally get to do in public schools such as give speeches/presentations, perform skits/talent shows, and participate in education field trips and community service.

Oneonta Montessori School
2221 Poplar Boulevard, Alhambra, CA  91801
Last modified Oneonta Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Oneonta Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top