Alhambra, CA

Posted July 04, 2014
I am very pleased with the education my children have been receiving at St. Thomas More. The teachers really care about the students and go above and beyond to help students succeed. I know my children will be well prepared for high school.

St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School 2

Posted June 19, 2014
This school only cares about the money and not the education of the student. Unfortunately! Has never came through with their promises.

Posted April 30, 2014
I currently am a student at St. Thomas More and have found that my school is preparing me for the many challenges that will come in the future. I also have grown closer God both spiritually and intellectually. The teachers work hard to keep us safe and healthy, they also work hard to help the student see their full potential. Like high school students, we read challenging books like shakespeare and go see plays to give a new vision of the story. Being a student I fully recommend any parent to send their child here because we will welcome them with open arms.

Posted April 30, 2014
I am also a student who is currently attending St. Thomas More. The teachers here are strict, but very loving and look out for you. They do there best to educate their students and allow them to rise high above their expectations. I'm not going to doubt it, St. Thomas More is a small school, but i have met so many people that i have built an amazing friendship with. Yes, I highly recommend this school! (:

Posted June 13, 2013
My child started school here this year and I am very pleased with our choice! The principals are very welcoming and the teachers go above and beyond and really care about the children. My child has exceeded in every subject above grade level and is challenged everyday! I look forwarded to the years ahead at St. Thomas More!

Posted May 03, 2013
I am a Saint Thomas More graduate and I can honestly say that this school gave me a great educational foundation. The teachers were great and they showed that they cared. I graduated from college with straight As and I am now finishing up my graduate program, still will straight As. This school prepared me academically and taught me great morals. When I have kids of my own, I will be sending them to STM.

St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted April 16, 2011
BAD SCHOOL! 1. Why do they have the parents sign a paper that states, the parents are solely responsible for your child's education NOT THE SCHOOL? 2. Why does the school enrollment start at about 35-kids and drops to about 1/2 that by eighth grade? 3. Why do so many eighth graders need to be tutors to pass math? In my opinion, the only thing the school cares about is your money not your kids.

Posted January 31, 2011
The individual who wrote the July 16, 2010 clearly does not have his/her facts. The teachers ALL have degrees, some have advanced degrees and credentials. This person advocates sending a child to a CA Distinguished School (CADS) would be better, but a CADS does not mean a better education, it simply means the school raised their test scores. Environment, safety, motivation, accountability are minimal standards at CADS, it's all about test scores..

Posted August 31, 2010
Couldn't ask for more!! My son has been invited to study in Ireland during summer of 2011 for maintaining academic honors while participating in sports. STM has built his foundation and continues to encourage his dreams. Worth every penny, since my son strives beyond his goals!

St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted July 16, 2010
This school gets a very poor grade from the parents. Public school teachers need a four year college degree, post graduated teaching program, California Basic Educational Skills Test (C.B.E.S.T.), California Subject Examinations for Teachers (C.S.E.T.) and student teaching. They need all this before they can step into the classroom and teach on their own. Saint Thomas More School teachers take a two week class, held by the Archdiocese for certification. That is for certification by the archdiocese not the state of California. Some teachers are fully credential (but they do not stay very long) and others are still working on their degrees. If you do not want to give away around $4,000 send your child to one of the many California Distinguished School in your area. If you send then to Saint Thomas More School in Alhambra, you will be sorry.

St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School
2510 South Fremont Avenue, Alhambra, CA  91803
Last modified St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Thomas More Catholic Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top