Bad
Good

Park has made several recent building improvements including new play structures and a new cafeteria. Some of the other buildings, especially the auditorium, are in need of an up-date. The students come from a mix of working class and middles class families including a high percentage of recent immigrants with strong work ethics. This results in some challenges especially finding parents to help with school activities. The principal and teachers are dynamic and hard-working. Our daughter is currently in the transitional kindergarten (TK) program. The large number of students in the class makes providing one-on-one instruction a challenge. The teacher, however, has many years of experience and excels at preparing students for kindergarten using fun, conceptual learning activities.

Park is definitely an excellent school. My 2 kids have attended and loved their time there. Teachers are friendly and for the most part, great at what they do. The school nurse however, needs to be evaluated I believe. She is always disgruntled and doesn't demonstrate any care or genuine concern for the kids. I have sat in the office and observed the way she treats them as they walk in, and it was a little disturbing. The principal however, is wonderful and shows great love for the kids and her job. My children have done extremely well academically, and I am happy they came here.

I can only comment on how wonderful this school is based up until the 5th grade since we have moved out of the district. Up until then, my daughter has been attending this school from K-5th and I've seen her flourish and develop into a bright and healthy young tween. She has consistently scored above average to perfect scores on her CSTs and I attribute her success to her teachers: Ms. Chow, Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. Brock, Mrs. Lugo, Ms. Ellis (retired) and Ms. Duong. We were fortunate to have caring teachers and the principal is great and really listens to parents' concerns. There are extraciricular activities and book fairs and events held throughout the year. There are regular volunteers from the parent community and good families that attend this school that make it great, along with good leadership from the principal and excellent, caring teachers.

This Schools is a good school i would let youre children attend here !! My children attend this school since they were in kindergarden and i could say they like it here !!

I went to this school for 7 years and i chose to move because this school is horrible! i would not recommend this school. SO much drama, mean people... BAD SCHOOL!

Park School is the best school you can go to. The students here are friendly and smart. MOST of the teachers are good at teaching but others are lazy and only make the students work without any instructions. The principal is okay , but there's a LOT of school pride shown. Good leadership and you are able to join clubs like Student Council , Drill Team , e.t.c. There are events such as Winter Wonderland , Talent Show , dances for 6th-8th grades and 8th grade prom at Alhambra Park. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are also afterschool programs such as ASES which is free and ADESTE. There's orchestra and music classes , although the new music teacher is snotty. There is a Halloween , Winter , and Valentine's day dance. 5th & 8th grade gets a Thanksgiving feast. The teachers push students to be bright and successful when they grow up. Cafeteria food is OKAY , but most of it is unhealthy and frozen. Students get to learn art , literature,reading, spelling, math, geometry, history, science, P.E., music, debate , e.t.c. There are a lot of field trips and fun projects (: I am currently a student at this school &&I suggest you to let your child attend Park ! :D GO PANTHERS ! xD

I agree with the other reviewer that this school is adequate for kindergarten through about 4th or 5th grade, but it has very little to offer students after that. The 6,7 and 8th grade section is compised of 4 small trailers on campus and teachers seem to just babysit students. For example, this past week students read aloud during most of an English class and wrote reports (quietly) about a famous scientist during science class. Reading can be done at home. The classroom time should be used for discussion or analysis of what was read and for hands-on activities related to the science reports. There is no challenge here and no motivation on the part of the teachers.

I have had my daughters in private schools before but it is ashame how this little school has done so much more for both my daughters. I love the office satff and the teachers. My daughters could not be in a better school

My son is under Mrs. Keely class last year ( 2007-2008). I was very pleased by the way she teach kindergarten class. Very dicipline and always come up w/ an idea to motivate the kids to love to learn. Thank you, Mrs. Keely!! But surprised me, my son supposed to the first grade this year, however the class is half kindegarten and half first grader. We will see how one teacher can do multi task job teaching kindergarten and first grader?..I hope my son doesn't left behind..

this school is such a great school and well educated

Last modified Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.