Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I went to this school for 4 years and it wasn't a great experience. It's true, only a select few of teachers actually want to engage the students to have the best time possible growing academically. Very few take the time to really bond with the students and not treat them as a means to earn their paychecks. Also, finding decent kids to bond with is hard. The kids at this school are either way too shy/antisocial or way to in your face trying to make you uncomfortable. There's too few in between. If you try your best to be a good student then you'll do well academically. There's plenty of sports and clubs to join beyond your time in the classroom. I did well with my grades and extracurricular activities, but I along with other students wouldn't rave about our school as a whole, especially the faculty. And if you do end up going to this school, really get involved with your counselors, they'll help you start a good roadmap to college. Even if you might dread having to talk to them, ask away your concerns. It'll benefit you and it's what they're there for.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

They are effective with getting the students irritated or getting the students to engage. There's usually no inbetween.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some regular teachers treat their class like ap classes and some ap teachers rarely treat their classes like regular classes.

This school would be better recommended as a prison with terrible staff and food that's is actually worse than prison cuisine. In my first year in Alhambra, I was sick some time in the beginning of the year. I often got up to get some tissues to blow my nose. However blowing my nose was enough to claim it was probable cause for 'disturbing the class from learning'. My teacher called my home for such crimes, and my parents were livid. When I calmed them and explained the situation, my parents went to talk to the principal; however it was afterschool and the principal was not there. As a result, my dad filed a complaint to the office. They never did anything to solve the problem. No action was taken. Afterwords there were other instances such as in my junior year where the attendance staff for my school forgot to get me out of class for a dmv appointment, so I was incredibly late. They also didn't excuse it which caused my grade to drop by 2 letters because I wasn't in the class. All in all, most of the teachers and staff members I've been squinted with were horrible but there were some that were actually there to assist me with my education.

All this years at Alhambra School Distric, the only thing that I dont really understand , is.. that many other good school districs their priority is their student's well being ; here at alhambra distric is just how much money they get for each student everyday. While the other schools are in vacations for the holidays,,here they wait until the last day to let them go. I understand about the (deficit) but is like putting minors to work in order to cover all the expenses of the distric..... Makes me sad; and the math teachers...well is better to leave it for later.

I personally do not favor this school, but at lease it's well enough. There are many different groups within the school so even when there are bad activities happening in the school as long as you know what type of people you're hanging out with then it's fine. I don't quite like some of the students there, because some groups have a "spot" they eat or hang out at. If you go there, they'll literary throw you out and these are the students I don't favor in the school. Other than that it's a wonderful school! Alhambra has many classes to take, different types of clubs for you the join, and of course, the library is right across the school!

The school's culture is unique and spirited, and there are numerous areas to engage students' interests. The administrative team works well to maintain order and the teaching staff maintains high standards, overall. There's so much to be a part of--academic clubs, service clubs, sports, etc. Easy to connect! For the most part, the students seem generally happy on this campus and afford each other respect. I'm not sure what the other review was referring to with all of the "criminal" activity?? Sure, there are some students who are disconnected from learning, but it's a small percentage that cause any problems and administration deals with that sort of stuff swiftly. It's a very safe environment and the community wants to keep it that way. There's a beautiful city library directly across the street, as well as City Hall. The school's library is also huge! Although AHS is a pretty large school, it's a great school to be at and I'm proud to be part of the Moor family! The majority of students want to go here and some even work hard to get a permit--that says a lot. On a side note, AHS is also next to Main Street and there are a lot of places to eat and do other other activities!

There is no such thing drug and gang activity in campus. That does not make sense at all. Police station is right next to the school. Teacher is good. Academic performance is up to an individual. Teacher cannot make you to learn or to do anything.

I attended for two years and left immediately after. There is a lot of drug and gang activity within the school and is not a safe environment. With the exception of a few teachers, the academics are terrible and most teachers could care less about their students' futures. I'm glad I left when I did.

i attended all 4 years. its the best school ever got to travel to europe with my econ teacher. great school in all areas academic, sports etc.Both my counselors I had throughout my 4 years were a great help and my parents were able to establish communication at any given time if they needed to speak with them. Teachers and counselors helped me out a lot. My last year i attended AHS i was not living where i lived for the past 6 years and moved out to San Bernandino,but because i love this school a lot and has a good level state wide i decided i would drive from San Bernandino to Alhambra everyday.So i woke up at 4 left house at 5 and got just in time for my zero period (AVID) and then got home at 10pm after soccer practice or games or track and field.

Last modified Alhambra High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.