Alhambra, CA
Students enrolled: 2,892

Alhambra High School 3

Posted November 20, 2012
All this years at Alhambra School Distric, the only thing that I dont really understand , is.. that many other good school districs their priority is their student's well being ; here at alhambra distric is just how much money they get for each student everyday. While the other schools are in vacations for the holidays,,here they wait until the last day to let them go. I understand about the (deficit) but is like putting minors to work in order to cover all the expenses of the distric..... Makes me sad; and the math teachers...well is better to leave it for later.

Alhambra High School 4

Posted October 06, 2012
I personally do not favor this school, but at lease it's well enough. There are many different groups within the school so even when there are bad activities happening in the school as long as you know what type of people you're hanging out with then it's fine. I don't quite like some of the students there, because some groups have a "spot" they eat or hang out at. If you go there, they'll literary throw you out and these are the students I don't favor in the school. Other than that it's a wonderful school! Alhambra has many classes to take, different types of clubs for you the join, and of course, the library is right across the school!

Posted November 11, 2011
The school's culture is unique and spirited, and there are numerous areas to engage students' interests. The administrative team works well to maintain order and the teaching staff maintains high standards, overall. There's so much to be a part of--academic clubs, service clubs, sports, etc. Easy to connect! For the most part, the students seem generally happy on this campus and afford each other respect. I'm not sure what the other review was referring to with all of the "criminal" activity?? Sure, there are some students who are disconnected from learning, but it's a small percentage that cause any problems and administration deals with that sort of stuff swiftly. It's a very safe environment and the community wants to keep it that way. There's a beautiful city library directly across the street, as well as City Hall. The school's library is also huge! Although AHS is a pretty large school, it's a great school to be at and I'm proud to be part of the Moor family! The majority of students want to go here and some even work hard to get a permit--that says a lot. On a side note, AHS is also next to Main Street and there are a lot of places to eat and do other other activities!

Posted April 13, 2011
There is no such thing drug and gang activity in campus. That does not make sense at all. Police station is right next to the school. Teacher is good. Academic performance is up to an individual. Teacher cannot make you to learn or to do anything.

Alhambra High School 1

Posted October 24, 2010
I attended for two years and left immediately after. There is a lot of drug and gang activity within the school and is not a safe environment. With the exception of a few teachers, the academics are terrible and most teachers could care less about their students' futures. I'm glad I left when I did.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 21, 2009
i attended all 4 years. its the best school ever got to travel to europe with my econ teacher. great school in all areas academic, sports etc.Both my counselors I had throughout my 4 years were a great help and my parents were able to establish communication at any given time if they needed to speak with them. Teachers and counselors helped me out a lot. My last year i attended AHS i was not living where i lived for the past 6 years and moved out to San Bernandino,but because i love this school a lot and has a good level state wide i decided i would drive from San Bernandino to Alhambra everyday.So i woke up at 4 left house at 5 and got just in time for my zero period (AVID) and then got home at 10pm after soccer practice or games or track and field.

Posted January 23, 2009
My son went to Alhambra High School. This is a great school with a staff that cares. They called me at home and at work just to let me know how my son was doing. It is across the street from a police station, which made me feel my son was safe.

Posted January 23, 2009
This school has been transformed into a college-like campus. My son made the football team and loves the school. We would both recommend it to anyone. As a bonus, it is in the heart of Alhambra, near everything.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 23, 2009
Not only am I a proud parent, but I have friends that went to AHS. Two of them are now employed at aerospace companies. That says a lot about how successful the high school is and how well it prepares students for their futures.

Posted January 23, 2009
My son loves everything about this school. The school even helped him get a part time job at a local business on Main Street.

Alhambra High School
101 South Second Street, Alhambra, CA  91801
Last modified Alhambra High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alhambra High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top