Bad
Good

I've had two children go through DJAMS 6-8th grade. Our experience has been nothing but positive. DJAMS has great leadership and several exceptional teachers. Both of my kids were in accelerated classes, and I feel they were challenged and prepared to be successful in high school.

My daughter has attended DJAMS since her 6th grade year & as an educator, I am very impressed with the quality of instruction she is receiving. The majority of the teachers are very committed to their students progress & know how to teach the adolescent student. I am especially grateful to Mr. Dwyer, Mr. Ortiz, Mr. Neeve, Mrs. Byers, Mrs. Johnson, Mrs. Arsala, Sra. Standish, & Ms. Price because they knew how to foster & promote independence in my daughter while maintaining a watchful eye on her needs & development. As a parent it's great to hear my daughter say she's looking forward to her 8th grade year at DJAMS!

its an awesome school and it is changing my daughter's life she loves it soooooooooo much take my word for it

the teacher and staff and principal and everything were great, but some of the teachers just assigned lots of homework and never actually taught a lesson. there are different levels of academics you could be a part of to meet your standards (such as advanced or average) and i came to this school in seventh grade and i was pleased with the other school much much much more beacause the teachers cared more and when we were in elementary and even sixth grade, the students were so much more respectful. there arent really many cliques but i oftentimes notice a lot of rumors and gossip going around so the students arent so mature. im not satisfied with this school that much and i liked my other school a lot better. i would just have to sa be careful who you make friends with and try to keep up with your teachers!

DJams is a great school for my kids. They attended this school since the 6th grade. they also attended the Don juan avilla Elementary since kindagarden. they love it. They have gotten an quality education and lots of friends. the enviroment is really safe aswell

DJams i s an awesome school. My child attends DJams for since 6th grade. She is now an 8th grader. She has been on the honor roll for about 2years now including this year. The teacher are awesome and the staff is wonderful and attentive. Djams is an very challenging school and the work is advance, but the teachers do take the time to help the child if they are falling behind. I love the clean and safe enviroment that Djams provide. Djams is an API score is 900 and as won the best scoring school in English and Math in the district. The admistrative staff and the teacher are doing a great job. My daughter really loves this school and will be sad to go at the end of the schoo year because she is going to high school. Please do not believe the bad review below.

Teachers are more concern with their own personal issues than the students. The teachers don't instruct or even teach, they just assign homework and the parents have to do the actual teaching, 2-3 hours nightly. My child has been here for two years and I have found the teachers reject students that have parents who try and discuss issues with the teachers. They punish the student by giving poor grades and lack of direction. During meetings, teachers pass all blame on to the student and their teaching ability. This is a poor choice for educating your child and I believe that the ratings this school has received in the past are from the teachers and staff.

My child has been attending DJAMS since the 6th grade. I have been amazed at how much he has learned over the past 2 1/2 years. The expectations are high, and the teachers offer the support the students need to help each student achieve.

DJMAS is an wonderful school. From everyone in the office to the teachers. Everyone who works at this school really seems to care about the students. The office staff is always so pleasant and very helpful. You would not regreat sending your child to this school.

AMAZING! This is a great school for me. It provides me with academic excellence with the best teachers, who do not just make you learn, they make you know and understand. And DJAMS I have reached new heights and happiness. I could not think of a better middle school to go to.

Last modified Don Juan Avila Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.