Public charter
Aliso Viejo, CA

Posted October 14, 2014
We love Journey School and are thankful for the opportunity to be a part of its community. Journey isn't perfect, but I see the administration and teachers working so hard every day to meet the needs of all of the children--although that's never easy at a public school.

Posted May 16, 2014
If you are looking for a school where the teachers and staff really get to know your child and help them blossom into upright people who not only know how to think critically, but who also know how to care for themselves, others, and the environment, then Journey School is a good choice. We are so grateful to be a part of this wonderful school.

Posted April 28, 2014
My child entered Journey Fall 2013 as a junior kindy. We have nothing but good things to say. His teacher, Mrs. B is the best teacher I've ever met. Her love & compassion for the children is commendable & truly genuine. One of the things I love the most about charter schools is the level of parent involvement. Journey is a community of parents, teachers & staff who work hard at molding the best, most creative children.

Posted April 23, 2014
The Journey school provides the most wonderful learning experience for a child! The concept is progressive and yet the most basic tenets of life are at the core, creating a unique learning environment. The beautiful synergy in this school will bring forth excellent young people into our world, More children should have the Journey School experience! Expanding to make that possible is the goal.

Posted April 07, 2014
My 2 boys have been at Journey School for 4 years. I love how creativity is included in almost all the educational experiences they are having. My 8th grader is fully prepared to transition into 9th grade. He is taking Algebra 1 this year and will be going into Geometry in high school. He writes great papers and is enjoying working on his 8th grade project, in which he was able to pick a topic he is passionate about. He is writing papers, doing a power point and will be presenting his project to members of the school community. He has loved his time there. His homework has bumped up from the level it was in 7th grade and he has about 1-1.5 hours a night. I feel this is preparing him for the load of high school as well. My 2nd grader loves learning and I love that his homework is to read 30 minutes every night and do a chore. Totally age appropriate. He loves reading and loves math. He will occasionally ask me for a math worksheet, which I have some on hand and pull out. But it isn't stressful, just fun. Such a change from when my oldest was in 2nd grade at our local public school, homework felt like a big chore then.

Posted April 03, 2014
My student attended Journey for many years, loves it to this day, and is now near the top of the class in high school!

Posted April 03, 2014
I love Journey because - small class sizes - Loving teachers who are focused on what is best for the students - tight knit community - Waldorf curruculum which focuses on whole child development not just academics - Fosters joy that I can see in my children and a love of learning - administration actually values parent involvement and takes feedback very seriously

Posted April 03, 2014
Journey is a gem in the morass of OC public schools. Everyone (admin, teachers, parents and students) is committed to setting the standard for public Waldorf education. It's that rare place where the community continually strives to practice what it preaches. It's not perfect. It never will be, but the dedication of everyone involved is evident every day. There's a feeling of hope at this school that it's possible to make serious strides in changing public education. There's a greater school mission that everybody knows and wants to be a part of. Does it need the money? Absolutely! But money can't buy what is inherently happening at this school -- and that's to move the needle when it comes to public education in this country. Parking lot snafus, no hot lunch program and other logistical issues the school faces because of lack of funding are NOTHING compared to the other option available and that's having to to deal with regular public school admin who view your child as a cog in a wheel. We're new this year and didn't know what to expect. But what my family has experienced has inspired us. I will take Journey - warts and all - over a regular public school any day of the week.

Posted April 03, 2014
We spent two years on the waiting list and finally made it in. Worth the wait. Because of moves, our daughter has been to private, public and now a charter school. This beats everything else--loving, whole child centered, academic excellence and just pure kindness fill the air and the school day. It's an honor to be a part of something so special.

Posted April 02, 2014
My school is unique and nurtures creativity, stimulating the mind with all 5 senses of the body. My child is excited to go to school everyday and as a parent I am excited to participate in co-creating his learning environment. we also have a wonderful and gifted teacher.

Journey School
27102 Foxborough, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656
Last modified Journey School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Journey School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top