Bad
Good

Posted April 24, 2015
We love Canyon Vista and have been at this school for the last 5 years. In Kindergarten half the class comes early and they work on core academic subjects. When that is over the late birds come. The kids eat together and have recess. Then the early kids go home and the late birds complete their academic work. There are 2 or 3 parents that come in to help during academic work on top of the teacher. So, 14 kids with 3 or 4 adults. In 1st grade and on the class is together all day. Parents come in to help during the core academic time. As the kids get older there are less adults helping in the classroom. There is homework but none of my kids have spent more than 20/30 minutes on it. Starting forth grade the children have the option to start an inatrument. This adds more homework time because they are practicing their instrument. There are a lot of extras at this school - art program, field trips, science fair, school plays, computer lab, science lab, library, school carnival, tons of gardens, music, talent show, student council, community service projects, and more. My kids do a lot of projects and public speaking/speaking in front of the class.

Posted September 25, 2014
My daughter started at Canyon Vista this September. I have deep conservative views, and was skiddish about putting my kid into the public school system. What I have found since is that CV isn't any different than the elementary school I attended 37 years ago. The staff is very friendly, the lower grade teachers are fantastic, and I honestly feel this is an excellent environment on par with other private schools in the area. Happy.

Posted September 11, 2013
The Principal knows everyone by name. He takes an active roll in knowing the kids & what they like. The staff is always helpful & friendly. My son loves going there!

Posted April 07, 2013
The class size is too much for one person -34, 7 year olds and one adult?? They expect parent involvement not taking into account both parents that work. It effect the ones that don't work just as much. Love the Principal!

Posted January 05, 2013
This is my daughter's third year at Canyon Vista (she is in 2nd grade) and we couldn't be happier! Her teacher shows such great enthusiasm for learning & the positive attitute has rubbed off. We are thrilled to get such a positive educational experience from public school - and the community involvement & activities are great - particularly the musical/drama after-school program run by PTA volunteers. Truly an exceptional experience so far!

Posted May 05, 2012
I've been going to this school since kindergarden, now I'm in 5th grade and it's been the greatest experience.The teachers there encourage you to be the best you can be, the classrooms and playground is an inviting atmosphere. The principal, Mr. Mahoney, knows the students names and walks around making sure everything's okay and the kids are learning. In 5th grade the teachers are encouraging and tell you what to expect in middle school and give you challenging work. There are fun activities and a great theater for after school who put on great shows every year. I love this school so much I feel very sad to go to Don Juan and leave!

Posted March 30, 2012
I felt I had to write a review after reading the comment posted on March 14, 2012. My daughter had Mrs. Roberson last year for 2nd grade and although every year at Canyon Vista has been a good year, her year with Mrs. Robertson was her best year yet! I am also a very conservative person and NEVER felt that Mrs. Robertson was a "runaway liberal" with a "brainwashing liberal agenda". That's absurd! I will say that she loves the kids in her class and does her very best to make sure they have a great experience. She encouraged my daughter to be creative and gave her the confidence to write and share her stories. She also challenged my daughter which was so wonderful because she can get bored easily in class. We love Canyon Vista and we are hoping to get Mrs. Robertson again next year for the 4th grade.

Posted March 17, 2012
To the previous reviewer- Are you serious that you would be moving due to 1 teacher. I'm sorry if this teacher didnt conform to your obviously conservative opinions, but all curriculum is standardized by the state of CA. This is our first year at Canyon Vista and have had nothing but good experiences with the teachers, principal and other staff. It is a very supportive environment for the students. The staff has been responsive to any questions/ concerns and open to parent involvement. We have been very pleased!

Canyon Vista Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2012
Runaway liberal indoctrination by one of the teachers. Our daughter has been going here since kindergarten and up until now we couldn't be happier until a new teacher, Ms. Robertson, decided to force her extreme left wing views onto the students. Her brainwashing liberal agenda curriculum includes: forcing environmentalism through assignments and marking down those who disagree, explaining that teacher unions are only there for the kids, teaching that socialism really benefits this country, and non-stop praise for Barack Obama. We couldn't be more disgusted with this person. Because of this we are moving.

Canyon Vista Elementary School

Posted October 13, 2010
It's a school striving to do good

Canyon Vista Elementary School
27800 Oak View Drive, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656-6244
Last modified Canyon Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.