K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted September 29, 2015
Ms. VanDamme has built a fantastic school. I am very grateful to have the opportunity to send my daughter here.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 29, 2015
I observed some of the teachers. I wish I had been educated here. They presented the material in a way that was effective for the students. The students were actively participating.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 29, 2015
The no homework policy has been fantastic. I understand some students in some grades are required to read at home some evenings.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
I have observed the perseverance the faculty encourages in their students. The lessons are set up in such a a way that the student understands exactly what is expected of them.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
I have observed the way the students treat each other and the faculty. I am inspired by the respect that is cultivated at this school.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 29, 2015
I have spoke with students and parents of students from this school. The students demonstrate these qualities in the answers to the questions I have asked.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Vandamme Academy 5

Posted September 29, 2015
The faculty has extensive knowledge about the subjects they teach, and they are very compassionate about the students. They school has a no homework policy. This allows a child to be a student in the class, and a child outside the class. The school has a 15 student class size. I know my child is getting the individual attention she deserves.

Vandamme Academy 1

Posted April 28, 2015
My child was a student at this school. We were impressed with this school and its director but as time passed, I concluded my child and parents in general were not being treated respectfully. This was not immediately obvious to me, but traced back to things said by the director and to other parents. This is a mediocre education, advertised as far superior to anything else in the market. In our family's experience, it was one of our all-time worst investments.

Vandamme Academy 5

Posted October 31, 2014
Fantastic school! It is like a family. The teachers and administration adore the kids as much as the kids adore them. They are helping raise these kids into respectful, knowledgeable, helpful little humans. They think of the child as a whole, they don't just focus on math and reading. It's a small school with big achievements.

2A Liberty, Aliso Viejo, CA  92656