Bad
Good

This school is incredible. We have a son who was enrolled in 5th grade after an extremely unfortunate private school experience; the holes in his academics were overwhelming. In just a semester he is caught up in reading, catching up in math and writing. His behavior is on par. Best of all we got his smile back and he has had great days nearly every day. Mrs. OCB is professional and does her job exceedingly well; exactly how a school needs to run. Ms. Lee is a remarkable teacher as is the entire fifth grade staff. We could not be happier! Thank you.

Thanks Mrs. OCB, teachers, room moms, PTA, another great year in the books! Have a great summer!

Oak Grove is a great school with amazing parent involvement. The teachers that I have seen all seem to really care about the students. The front office staff is great and Mrs. OCB really listens to parents. The kindergarten pickup process is annoying, but until someone comes up with a better plan it's going to stay the way it is. My complaint with kindergarten is the wacky Thursday schedule...if my child is a late owl, I want to keep her on the same late schedule and not force her to wake up early one day a week. The class sizes are larger than I'd like, but that's a state budget issue, not a school issue. Oak Grove does the best it can with what it gets.

The principal, Mrs. OCB, needs to get more involved with the safety aspect of the school, especially Kindergarten pickup & drop off. To stand in line at pick up with your child's name written on a paper plate is the most unsafe, not thought out process I've ever heard of. Anyone can write a name on a plate, your child's name is called, they come running out the gate & they can be snagged & no one would ever know with all the chaos that goes on. The "supervisors" don't pay attention to who is picking the child up. More then once I have witnessed children running out the gate looking for a parent that isn't there! When addressed with the principal, she wants your suggestions but only gives excuses to the parent. It's not a tightly run ship & the principals job is to make sure it is & she lacks that too all levels!

I agree with the last poster, the principal needs to get more involved with the drop off and pick up of kindergarteners. I just went through this already once, and have two to go. I'm dreading how inconvenient it is, walking a mile, parking up and down the street only to wait in a long line with your other children that should be taking their naps. I think at least pick up should be by valet, I'm told that it once was that way, lets get it BACK! The PTA is amazing, love them! But, some teacher are good and some are not. The 1st grade team is awesome!

Wish the principal was a bit more involved with the car pool process like the rating 10 schools. Don't like the kindergarten weird hours and to have to find a parking to be able to pick up or drop off your child. They need to make it easy on parents mainly those who have some babies and have to walk on raining days or sit on the hot sun while waiting for the dismissal. The principal should go the the rating 10 schools to learn how to improve this one.

This school is unprofesional and it never "has time" to deal with students as individuals. I went to Oak Grove and the teachers didn't care whether or not you learned the material, and they always paid special attention to other students who were related to the staff. I hated school because of Oak Grove, and I am so glad I only had to go for a year!

I have been at oak grove since kindergarten and look at me now, i am in fifth grade and will be heading of to middle school next year. i know one thing is for sure, i have been taught by some of the best teachers I've ever known. My mom agrees too!

I have been to many schools in the area due to my teaching after school drama. I found such a difference of the teaching standards, pta, staff and children, that I changed my child to this school immediately.

I love that our school has an amazing pta, who cares about the children enough to find a way to keep our kids safe and families happy free from selling cookie dough and wraping paper to make money and keep our kids safe. The principal is amazing sweet and kind, and all the teachers so far have been amazing!

Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.