This is a safe place to share your honest opinions of a school, whether good or bad.
Alta Loma Christian School5
Posted November 18, 2013
- a parent
We just attended the "Abundant Blessings Auction" this past weekend, and I was so impressed with the great attendance of parents, teachers, and church members. What an outpouring of support for our school and students! I enjoyed the fellowship and fundraising, and the evening was beautiful. Thanks for all those who worked so hard to make this event amazing!
A very competitive school, due to parents wanting only "their" child to outshine all other classmates. Not much different than Public school behavior happening at this school between the children and parents. 10% of the parents are "friendly" and the other 90% are the complete opposite of that.
I have a middle school child, and the 1:1 iPad program that was introduced this year is amazing! Technology is important at this school, and the teachers and administration place an emphasis on preparing students for high school and beyond. The Accelerated Reader program is also used extensively to increase student reading scores, and even my reluctant reader participates willingly.
I enjoyed the biblical instruction but the academics are similar to the surrounding public schools. There also were not many opportunities for parents to participate. An open PTA would be helpful. There are a few that are approved to participate and this does not foster an inclusive feeling.
I absolutely love ALCS. Not only am I a teacher, I am also a parent. I fell in love with the school immediately. I know the characters of the teachers and staff and I am honored to work with such loving people. I have 3 kids currently attending ALCS..1 in preschool, 1 in elementary and 1 in middle school and my kids love being here. ALCS is a family! I am so blessed to be here!
We decided to look into private schools when I learned my son would be mixed with 1st and 2nd graders for the coming year at the public school he was attending. There would be approximately 26 to 30 kids in a classroom. I feared what every parent would fear. How could 1 teacher cater to all these children? So I started researching the public schools 1st and due to budget cuts most of the schools in our area were doing the same thing. I was told if I wanted more individualized attention I'd pretty much had to pay for it. I had a had a tour of several private schools both Brethren and Non. We fell in love with ALCS the moment we took the tour. The campus security is amazing, the classrooms were small and had a intimate setting. The children and teachers were all were happy and everyone made us feel welcomed. The academic goals are impressive and the schools SAT scores are proof alone that this school is amazing.
My daughter has been attending the Alta Loma Christian Preschool. for a week now.. She is still crying and clings on to me every morning making it very difficult to say good bye...but I know that it will get better. I transferred her from another school. Although she did great there, it feel as if it was just a daycare and the food they provided was awful. Alta Loma Christian School deserves five stars because they have one of the nicest teachers. They text and call me and let me know how she's doing, when she took the nap, what she ate for lunch etc. It is a very nurturing, safe and caring environment,where the children learn and play. I believe it is the best school in the area. I know that once my daughter get adjusted to school, she'll love going there. I did a lot of research before enrolling my little one here, and I'm very happy with my decision.