Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are all awesome!!! They may have different styles, but they are creative in making teaching very effective in reaching out to the kids.

It is such a family oriented school, that is very rare nowadays.. Everyone from Mr. Knight, to Miss Armstrong, the librarian, to all the proctors, special mention to Miss Sherry, to the volunteers, to the cafeteria family, school helpers and to all the teachers, they all care for the students and their well being.... Great learning environment.

Mrs Chairez has done wonders with our boy! We can't thank her enough!!! Amazing teachers and great overall vibe to the school.

Our daughter had two teachers this year. They shared kids as though they were all in the same class. BOTH of them cared about ALL the kids and I saw it on a daily basis, as I worked sometimes in the classroom. She progressed from a virtual non-reader to a high second grade level, and I give most of the credit to them. She LOVED her teachers, and they treated her like a special person--one of many! I highly recommend this school.

My children started attending Banyan in 2005, the school was not as diverse, but the classes were small and the campus felt close knit. Over the years some of the teachers seemed to get meaner and possible disgruntled. Now days it feels like any other school ive ever been to. In an attempt to maintain safe drop off&pick up they have made a complete mess and incovenience. There are dividers as you pull in and one long line of cars that gets held up by children trying to cross the street. This year they began closing off the parking lot even when its empty! I used to love it, but there really is nothing positive to say about this school anymore.

My 6 year old daughter just completed 1st grade and is excited about starting 2nd grade. Never missing a day of school she was always very excited to get up in the morning wondering what wonderful things she would be learning at school. Compared to other schools Banyan is one of the best. I am also comfortable leaving her in a place where I know she will be safe.

Banyan Elementary school is great. They have awesome teachers. My son is 11 and he has been going to school there for over 6 years. I am glad, that he is going to go there for his 6 grade class as well.

I have a 10 year old son in 5th grade & a 6 year old daughter in 1st grade. I see the difference from Banyan compared to other elemantries. Teachers are greatly involved and will call you if they deem it neccessary. They have higher standards & expect more from their students which in turn pushes the students, parents & teachers to work together. I love the location & the fact that the fire dept do watch the kids walking home from school. My daughter & son were arguing and a couple of firemen ran out cause they heard her screaming. I don't plan on changing schools til my next child is out of Banyan also.

We have a duaghter in first grade who attended last year with Mrs. Little for kindergarten. We are very happy with what our daughter has accomplished so far with this Banyan school. I think safety at the school should be looked at a little closer.

Last modified Banyan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.