Posted November 21, 2013
You must have been stuck with Mrs. Reyes also. What a waste of time she is.

Deer Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2013
Great schoo my daughter goes to school there the teachers are great and always available.My daughter is in second grade now but she had agreat first grade teacher in Ms.poole that prepare her for the next grade. The principle is great very involved and always willing to listen to concerns from parents.I love the school and I would highly recomended.

Posted May 16, 2013
This was the first year with Deer Canyon Elementry. My Grandson attended first grade this year, his teacher Miss Poole was awesome. The whole staff has been awesome, communication was great, lots of parental involvement.

Posted December 04, 2012
I LOVE this school. Not only did I attend Deer Canyon from K through 6 but now my daughters are attending there as well. I was prepared and ready for Jr. High and now have a Masters. I am a school psychologist. Deer Canyon was where I began to love school and learning! I see the same thing in my daughters - they LOVE Deer Canyon as well. Anytime I have concerns I can email the teacher and get a response the same day. I have nothing but positive things to say about Deer Canyon Elementary School! I am ALWAYS welcome in the classroom whenever I have a day off and my girls don't. Anytime I want to volunteer I can even when I notified the teacher the day of. Way to go Deer Canyon!!!

Posted July 18, 2011
Not having much luck getting really good teachers at this school the past couple of years, and my childs education has suffered for it. We will see how it goes this year

Posted September 09, 2010
My child has attended Deer Canyon for four years. Unfortunately this school does not promote or encourage parental help in the classroom, even when it is offered. This is very disappointing since it is in the child's best interest to have family involved in their education as much as possible. My child's third grade teacher hasn't responded to emails either. Where is the feedback? Where is the parent/teacher teamwork? One thing I can see is strong principle leadership at Deer Canyon.

Posted June 16, 2010
Deer Canyon is a wonderful school I have Two children that are current students and one that is now at Los Osos High School. The teachers are great and the principal is wonderful. My high school student was well prepared for Jr high and High School.

Deer Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
I havetwo children, one a foster child, in Kindergarten at Deer Canyon. My foster child is behind and delayed because he has never attended school before. My other child is near the head of her class. I love this school,the teachers, and administrators. They have been super sensitive to my childrens' 'different' family and my kids' needs. Both of my children have blossomed in this school and are thriving. The teachers have been available to us and extremely helpful. My foster son is receiving speech therapy and is set up for counseling through the school to help him gain coping skills to deal with being removed from his biological parents. Deer Canyon might not be new and beautiful, but it is what's on the inside that counts. In this case, you will find caring teachers who are committed to their students' success.

Deer Canyon Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are very caring,I love the school spirit everyone has!

Posted February 17, 2009
My child attends their k program, however, it is more of a review since she learned it all in preschool. She is just beginning to feel slightly challenged but those first months she did not want to go to school and expressed she was bored

Deer Canyon Elementary School
10225 Hamilton, Alta Loma, CA  91701
Last modified Deer Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top