Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted October 29, 2015
This used to be a great school when Mrs. Hall was principal. However, since Mrs. Hoppe has been principal it has fallen way below my standards. Mrs. Williams is my son's teacher and I am so disappointed and saddened. My son comes home crying and upset after a day in class. They shame the kids with making them put their "clips" down when they do anything that she has not told them to do. For instance if he has a question and raises his hand or gets excited and speaks out of turn he gets send to the clip board to move his clip down. Not to mention the amount of yellow slips sent home for bad behavior. At first I thought my son had become unruly and was being disrespectful. However after speaking to another parent who is able to volunteer in the class she was shocked to hear my son has had this much trouble bc she does not see him act out. It is sad they are using shaming to discipline and is causing my son to dread school. My son attended Alta Loma Elementary last year for transitional kindergarten and never once got a note sent home and we have already have 5 sent home in less than 2 months of school. If the teachers do not have the patience to teach 5-6 year olds then they should retire and not teach. We need loving and educated staff to help guide our future, not shaming and cause depression in small kids.

Victoria Groves Elementary School
Grateful to: Staff member

Posted October 29, 2015
Chris Nichols and Mrs. Karen at the onsite child care are great. They are very supportive of the kids.

Victoria Groves Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2014
I whent to this here school a longe tyme ago.they have bestest teachers this side of Haven. You,re kids will be teached good and is phinna Learn a lot from this Skool. I learned so much and you child's could too.

Posted December 05, 2013
I have to agree with the previous reviewers who had problems with the principal. She has been a disappointment. She basically blamed our son for the failings of a very forgetful, disorganized teacher. She is absolutely condescending and rude. Mrs. Hoppe could do a better job of learning how to talk to parents.

Posted October 03, 2013
This school is ruined by its rude, condescending, incompetent principal! My daughter was a 2nd grader last year a 3rd grade boy pushed her so hard when she wasn't looking that she fell and fractured her arm. The injury was so serious that my daughter required immediate surgery that night. The next morning I spoke to the principal regarding this incident and not only was she protecting the boy that pushed my daugher but she practically blamed my daughter for the whole thing. The boy was NEVER punished for his actions!!! I later came to find out he was given 1 day....YES 1 day with no lunch recess!!! Thats it!!!!! The principal was very condecsending and rude throughout the entire process and never once did she put herself in my shoes. Mrs. Hoppe wouldn't even let me talk to the boys parents. I asked for a meeting with them in her office and she refused!! Since my daughter was in a 2nd/3rd grade combo class with this boy I asked that he be moved out, she suggested I move my daughter to a different class. Mrs. Hoppe made no real effort to aleviate the situation, I truly felt that she and the school turned their back on my daugher. This woman has no business running a school!!

Posted August 19, 2013
If this review was based on my child's teacher last year and the principal only I'd give it 0 stars. The principal is condescending and lazy. She will not call back or contact you unless it's to be rude. MRS. LEE is a HORRID teacher who needs to look into early retirement or find another career. No amount of my willingness or pretty much begging would make her help me help my child with school. She basically sent my child in their way to 3rd grade with below standards in everything. The only reason (and I'm serious about this) that my child is going back to this school is the child care staff. Chris Nichols is AMAZING, she runs a beautifully operated child care and the principal is no reflection of this. Chris assured me that this year would be better and when I let her know who my child's teacher was she left me feeling confident in this teachers abilities. So far this year is looking promising. I'd give the child care team and program 10 stars if I could.

Posted August 07, 2013
We moved and had to change from etiwanda to alta Loma. I was worried but heard great things about Victoria Groves. So far the teachers are good but the principle and staff are horid. No wonder etiwanda continues to outshine alta Loma. What does a school have to hide when they don't have an open door policy to parents and prevent them from even monitoring their own children during recess?? Avoid this school if possible. The principle really ruins it.

Posted April 29, 2013
Most of the teachers are superb! The school environment and PTA are always geared with the student's best interests! The principal, however, is AWFUL! She is condescending, and manipulative. She will tell students and parents one thing, and then respond the other way. She acts as if she listens and cares, but until a parent goes to District,things won't change! Cannot wait for her 5 year term to be up-and she talks way TOO much during assemblies!

Posted September 10, 2012
We moved here from another state and I am shocked at the academic standards. My daughter is learning here in n fourth grade what she learned in second grade at her old school. Also, the standards here are really out dated. Very disappointed. If you are moving here from another state you might be disappointed.

Victoria Groves Elementary School 5

Posted August 29, 2012
LOVE VG!! All the teachers are fantastic, and the students are great! My daughter left a "10" school last year to come to VG...I have seen more growth in her here than at the other school (she attended for over a year). It makes a difference that the school does want great test scores but that is not all they want. They want to have the students excel after they leave VG in the real world as intelligent respectful young adults.

Victoria Groves Elementary School
10950 Emerson, Alta Loma, CA  91701-7539
Last modified Victoria Groves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victoria Groves Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top