Posted December 05, 2013
I have to agree with the previous reviewers who had problems with the principal. She has been a disappointment. She basically blamed our son for the failings of a very forgetful, disorganized teacher. She is absolutely condescending and rude. Mrs. Hoppe could do a better job of learning how to talk to parents.

Posted October 03, 2013
This school is ruined by its rude, condescending, incompetent principal! My daughter was a 2nd grader last year a 3rd grade boy pushed her so hard when she wasn't looking that she fell and fractured her arm. The injury was so serious that my daughter required immediate surgery that night. The next morning I spoke to the principal regarding this incident and not only was she protecting the boy that pushed my daugher but she practically blamed my daughter for the whole thing. The boy was NEVER punished for his actions!!! I later came to find out he was given 1 day....YES 1 day with no lunch recess!!! Thats it!!!!! The principal was very condecsending and rude throughout the entire process and never once did she put herself in my shoes. Mrs. Hoppe wouldn't even let me talk to the boys parents. I asked for a meeting with them in her office and she refused!! Since my daughter was in a 2nd/3rd grade combo class with this boy I asked that he be moved out, she suggested I move my daughter to a different class. Mrs. Hoppe made no real effort to aleviate the situation, I truly felt that she and the school turned their back on my daugher. This woman has no business running a school!!

Posted August 19, 2013
If this review was based on my child's teacher last year and the principal only I'd give it 0 stars. The principal is condescending and lazy. She will not call back or contact you unless it's to be rude. MRS. LEE is a HORRID teacher who needs to look into early retirement or find another career. No amount of my willingness or pretty much begging would make her help me help my child with school. She basically sent my child in their way to 3rd grade with below standards in everything. The only reason (and I'm serious about this) that my child is going back to this school is the child care staff. Chris Nichols is AMAZING, she runs a beautifully operated child care and the principal is no reflection of this. Chris assured me that this year would be better and when I let her know who my child's teacher was she left me feeling confident in this teachers abilities. So far this year is looking promising. I'd give the child care team and program 10 stars if I could.

Posted August 07, 2013
We moved and had to change from etiwanda to alta Loma. I was worried but heard great things about Victoria Groves. So far the teachers are good but the principle and staff are horid. No wonder etiwanda continues to outshine alta Loma. What does a school have to hide when they don't have an open door policy to parents and prevent them from even monitoring their own children during recess?? Avoid this school if possible. The principle really ruins it.

Posted April 29, 2013
Most of the teachers are superb! The school environment and PTA are always geared with the student's best interests! The principal, however, is AWFUL! She is condescending, and manipulative. She will tell students and parents one thing, and then respond the other way. She acts as if she listens and cares, but until a parent goes to District,things won't change! Cannot wait for her 5 year term to be up-and she talks way TOO much during assemblies!

Posted September 10, 2012
We moved here from another state and I am shocked at the academic standards. My daughter is learning here in n fourth grade what she learned in second grade at her old school. Also, the standards here are really out dated. Very disappointed. If you are moving here from another state you might be disappointed.

Posted August 29, 2012
LOVE VG!! All the teachers are fantastic, and the students are great! My daughter left a "10" school last year to come to VG...I have seen more growth in her here than at the other school (she attended for over a year). It makes a difference that the school does want great test scores but that is not all they want. They want to have the students excel after they leave VG in the real world as intelligent respectful young adults.

Posted December 07, 2011
School Was GREAT. No Bad Teachers. I went there for 7 years with no bad expieriences. Most BAD reviews are from people who had a kid that got in trouble. It's by FAR the BEST Elementary school in the ALSD.

Posted October 10, 2011
VGS, VGS where the students are the best! Love this school, has such a small town feel. My daughter attended this school for her entire elementary experience. The teachers, parents, and kiddos are amazing! The only thing missing is Mr. Bonilla! Please bring him back! We are now a Vineyard Jr high family and the VGS kids still stick together, love it!

Posted August 30, 2011
My first child graduated from there, my 2 nd child is at a new school now, but I really miss VG

Victoria Groves Elementary School
10950 Emerson, Alta Loma, CA  91701
Last modified Victoria Groves Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victoria Groves Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top