Alta Loma High School 5

Posted August 28, 2014
Teachers at ALHS are great, they are many opportunities for the diversity of students to get ahead. Reality is......students some times have other interests that take away their attention. I love the fact that if grades are not good, there is no sport involvement. This encouraged my son to stay focus and don't loose tract (he loves soccer)

Alta Loma High School 3

Posted September 28, 2013
ALHS is a good school for my advanced student, but still minimal teacher involvement. However, for my other student who will be going to Chaffey, is completely forgotten. His schedule this year was horrible. He received a Geometry class where he had this in 10th grade with an A grade. He also put Photography as his highest rank class to take this year and did well in Photo 1, but was told there was no room for him this year. He receives no support. You have to plan to go to a University to get minimal support. If you are working parents, you may have trouble.

Posted September 26, 2013
I really appreciate the constant communication that the staff and administration provides to parents. However i do wish however they would have either a place on campus that would have updates on the various club meetings. I have a shy freshman and she tried to go to a few club meetings, they either canceled it or moved it. So she has stopped trying. If only they would have a place online to get that information.

Posted October 27, 2012
Great school staff keeps you informed as to whats going on with your child and with the school.

Alta Loma High School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
Children are truely left behind due to teacher arrogance. The education in Math and English have been great and I feel that the sucess is reflected in the SAT scores. However many of the college prep classes that do not get tested for (Spanish, Chemistry) there are a group of teachers that have unrealisitc expectations. If you don't know who to avoid as teachers your result will be low grades, drop in your GPA, disqualification into college, and your child no longer has confidence in themselves. Please look at the % of Alta Loma Students moving on to a 4 year college before choosing this school.

Posted March 13, 2011
I attended Alta Loma High School from 2004-2008 and found that this school was very rewarding. I received an excellent education and the extracurriculars are outstanding.The teachers all took an interest in all of the students and wanted to see the students succeed for the students' benefit and not just for their own. However, the administration was often times a bit misleading. The principal at the time when I first started was great and incredibly involved. Then the reigns were handed over to someone who didn't quite care much about the students but more about where we "should" be in rankings which was too much pressure and not enough nurture. So though I found that this school was very beneficial to me, it lacked in positive leadership.

Alta Loma High School 0

Posted March 15, 2010
i am a student here at alta loma and i hate it. at lunch we have almost NO space to relax from the stressing classes and the restrooms make our school look like some school from a third world country. I will beg my parents to send me to los osos

Alta Loma High School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
This high school is focused on the 'cream of the crop,' to quote its principal at my daughter's graduation in 2009. She was on the college track and was completely ignored. She is now attending Chaffey College and finally enjoys school! She had many teachers that didn't care whether she was successful or not. Out of all the teachers she had (an average of 24 for the time she was there), only her driver's ed, chemistry, advanced Spanish, and economics teachers (4!) took the time to let me know that they were concerned about her. They were the only ones that saw potential in her. I have a GATE identified son who is leaving Alta Loma Jr. High and I will not place him at ALHS. The children are on their own there and have to deal with teachers that don't care.

Alta Loma High School 1

Posted June 23, 2009
Please do not send your child here if they plan on going to a good university. I graduated from ALHS and attended UC Berkeley - but I did it all and figured it out all on my own. No one will try to help you - all the administration cares about is getting people to graduate, that's all. So if your child has aspirations to attend a prestigious university, send them to Los Osos.

Alta Loma High School 5

Posted May 19, 2009

Alta Loma High School
8880 Baseline Road, Alta Loma, CA  91701
Last modified Alta Loma High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alta Loma High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top