Posted July 31, 2014
Terry Embleton was one of the best administrators I've had the pleasure to work with as a teacher & as a parent. He was exceptionally skilled at balancing the sharing of enough of his own personal being while maintaining the distance required for him to make well informed, sound, appropriate administrative decisions, which made for the best work environment I experienced in any school. His exceptional leadership granted him the most deserved promotions. I hope he has continued to receive teacher staff and district personnel support.

Posted October 01, 2013
This is an amazing school with fantastic teachers, students, and parents. It is a safe, happy campus with LOTS of learning going on! If your child goes to school here, don't take it for granted!

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School 2

Posted May 29, 2013
I wish I could give this school 5 stars, but my daughter had a horrible 4th grade experience. She had a teacher that used bullying tactics on the children. She also lacked compassion, organization and had zero communication skills. We tried all year to make things right with her, only to be greeted by an uninterested, "whatever" attitude. She intimidated her students and nearly broke my daughter's self esteem down. I have spoken to 2 other parents who have all shared my opinion on her. The principal said she'd talk to her or we can file a formal complaint with the district. This was really disheartening because we absolutely enjoyed our Kindergartners teacher Mrs. Henry. She was fair and always kept us parents in the loop of everything going on in the classroom. She is the reason why we are giving this school another chance. We are just hoping that my 4th grader just happened to have had the worst teacher in the school. I guess time will tell.

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School 1

Posted March 17, 2013
My daughter went to this school from K-1st I was very dissapointed in the way my daughters 2 teacher had very negative attitude towards my daughter and me as parent. The principal only focuses on her staff and the parents are on the PTO. I was very glad to move my daughter to sister school.

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School 2

Posted June 15, 2012
After 10 years,I have seen CPL be more and more of a place that just does the bare minimum.The API score of 5 for similar schools is a result of that lack of passion.Only a few AWESOME teachers have the passion and really care about the kids and their families.We have been blessed to have those teachers but others have had awful experiences with teachers that are condescending,they yell etc.The school as a whole is lacking an enriching,nurturing and enthuusiastic environment starting at the top (principal).Parents throughout our school feel the principal is not approachable and hardly cares.Without that leadership many of the teachers have become complacent.This missing passion is evident by all of the "extras" not offered at CPL but other schools do.Choir(kids perform at baseball/.hockey games),"Reflections","Odyssey of The Mind",mathe bee,homework club,before school enrichment like spanish or reading classes or recess time,student counsel,etc.These experiences help make kids well rounded,build their confidence and assure their happiness as well! We have amazing kids and parents at this school but big changes need to happen from the top in order for CPL to reach it's potential!

Posted April 06, 2011
I have 2 kids at Lightfoot (4 years now) and it is an excellent school! The teachers are great and the curriculum is very challenging. There are also a lot of fun school activities for the student body and their families. The E3 foundation for education has started doing fun educational activities after school on Mondays ranging in painting classes to scrabble and chess. I love this school and the feeling of community here.

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
Carleton P. Lightfoot elementary school is a successful school because it has extremely dedicated faculty and staff. The school is very student and community-focused. The emotional climate of the school is very warm, positive and encouraging, and as a result, it has great parent support. I feel confident that my kids are getting a great education at Lightfoot, and maybe even more importantly, they are developing a lifelong love for learning!

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2008
CPL is a very good school with a lot of potential. Most teachers performece is avobe average, however there are some who really need help and unfortunatly our children end up paying the price for it. Hence we went from being #1 to #5 very close to #6. I am definatly concern about our childrens future at CPL.

Posted October 01, 2007
Very good school, excellent teachers.

Posted August 25, 2007

Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School
6989 Kenyon Way, Alta Loma, CA  91701
Last modified Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carleton P. Lightfoot Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top