Posted September 05, 2014
I absolutely love Odyssey! This is our third year and my son has grown academically and socially. Lauren, Carlos, Rachelle and their staff are wonderful people. We as a community are kept in the loop with regards to the school's funding, charter, staff changes, school policy etc. If you're looking for a great academic school, Odyssey is it!

Posted September 05, 2014
Great school!!! My child is in a safe, caring and nurturing environment where teachers and staff are concerned with education!

Posted March 11, 2014
I can't say enough great things about Odyssey Charter Schools. We tried the schools we were zoned for, but our children just were not doing well. We decided to give Odyssey a shot after hearing some wonderful things about them from a friend. We are amazed at the one-on-one attention my kids have received from their teachers at Odyssey. We get regular calls home from teachers when our students are not doing well and we are able to log in daily to track how they are doing. Our kids actually enjoy school now and are eager to learn. The administrators and staff are top notch. We get quick responses whenever we call. The technology department at Odyssey is amazing! They helped us fix both of our computers for free when the Geek Squad at Best Buy was trying to charge us hundreds. They have also helped us for hours on the phone with any questions we have had with Moodle or any of the other course material. Great school, great staff, great teachers! Changing to Odyssey was the best decision we made for our kids.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted November 06, 2012
It's unfortunate that this school does not screen their employees. I hold educators to a higher standard be it that I've worked with many educators. The staff are rude and self centered. I had a bad a experience with some staff there that make me think where do they find these people?!?!?! They are ill mannered and what could they be teaching our kids with these mannerisms. These people have so much time on their hands that they went as far as emailing a business to complain on an employee. They really need to use their time more productively. These charter schools need to screen the people they hire. Also, these poeple should not be quick to judge others on hearsay and let those who are trying to their job right do it.

Posted October 04, 2012
My children have been attending Odyssey for 6 & 4 years respectively now and I am always amazed by the teachers and staff's dedication to the children. The entire faculty new me by name and who my child was by the second day of my older ones first year there! With all the budget cuts and going into year four of pay freezes you would think the teachers would be lacking enthusiasm but they never fail to amaze me with their innovation, dedication and hard work. When art and music had to be cut parents immediately jumped in, formed committees and brought music and art back into the classrooms within the first month of school after the cuts. The children are an amazing group of caring individuals. There is no such thing as a bully at this school and even when children act out they are guided through peaceful conflict resolution which fully involves the children involved. There is no finger pointing, just straight facts and working out ways to resolve the issue at hand. The new lunch program is really great too!. The cost is the same, offers reduced/no-cost, there is always a vegetarian and meat option, the meals are very healthful, very fresh and organic.

Posted February 02, 2012
My son has been at Odyssey for two years and really likes it. The teachers and staff are caring and my son has received much individual attention. In addition to academics they also focus on emotional and social intelligence which to me is just as important as academics. My son has scored above average on state tests and reads above his level.

Odyssey Charter School 1

Posted December 27, 2011
Odyssey is a very touch-feely school with low standards for academics. The school's API is low considering the school's demographics. It is more like everlasting kindergarten and does not prepare students for the real world or for higher levels of education.

Posted October 26, 2011
This is a wonderful school. We feel so fortunate to be a part of it. The teachers are all incredibly aware and smart and the principal has unending enthusiasm for education. They teach the kids to be well-rounded, thinking individuals. Not just good test takers. In fact, they don't teach to the test AT ALL. The have an Individual Learning Plan for each student and really stay true to that mantra. Our daughter has been evaluated by her teacher during the first 6 weeks of school and then together with her teacher, we determine the best plan to move forward with her education and social and emotional development. Our daughter has never been happier and she is already reading above her grade level.

Odyssey Charter School 0

Posted October 20, 2009
Its an incredible community! The school sees each child as an individual and finds a way to best support and inspire each and every one of them.

Posted October 19, 2009

Odyssey Charter School
725 West Altadena Drive, Altadena, CA  91001
Last modified Odyssey Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Odyssey Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 92 reviews.