144 students|Pasadena Unified

Bad
Good

Posted December 03, 2014
My son attended Rosebud Academy from K thru 3rd grade. Great curriculum, structure and focus around the students. The student to teacher ratio is approx. 20 students to one teacher. My son received a lot of one on one attention, he was able to understand what subject/topic he needed to spend more time on from the feedback from his teachers. The teachers also kept me informed on what my son lacked and needed to continue to focus on. There was a teacher/parent partnership and I loved it! The principle is great, throughout the years her vision and goal for the children to achieve academic excellence never wavered and she continued to push them all to arise to the occasion as well as the parents. Her encouragement continued to keep me focus on my sons academic future. All in all, if we had not moved to another state this year, I would have definitely kept my son at Rosebud.

Pasadena Rosebud Academy 1

Posted August 21, 2014
The principal has a good vision, but she doesn't have the support for her vision. Gossiping and nepotism is a MAJOR problem at this school. This school is not equipped/has the desire to help students with special needs.

Posted August 22, 2013
Love this school! It's not only an institution of academic excellence, but it's also well organized and family oriented. Just as I was beginning to worry that the academic expectations might be too demanding for my kindergarten child, she exceeded my expectation with the help of Rosebud's organized curriculum and caring teachers. I am very thankful that our family is a part of this academic community.

Pasadena Rosebud Academy 2

Posted February 07, 2013
Warm and lovely atmosphere, from the director and office staff, great! It is nice to know the director has decided set a better example for the children and parents of this school. After hearing some very disappointing and deplorable things from several parents who left this school after trying to help this school; it has left a bad taste in my mouth of me wanting to put my child at this school after they called me to register my child. I question the director s leadership in properly running a school and working with parents. It is nice to know the teachers at this school are working hard to make sure the students are learning and I see the test scores prove it, however, schools have to be more than test scores, and accountability must be demanded by parents from those who run schools. Great Schools has an excellent article about what makes a great principal and how to advocate for your children that I think an informed parent would want to know. Kudos to those parents who stood for what was right in wanting a better ran school beside just test scores!! I wish we had you at where I am now, a private school.

Posted January 28, 2013
Pasadena Rosebud Academy continues to exceed my expectations daily. They have a very caring and passionate staff of teachers who are creative at keeping the children engaged in their academic development. They have the test scores to prove it! Rosebud Academy is a small school with a very warm and loving atmosphere from the Director, office staff, teachers, students, Parents and other family members who may visit the campus. It s a pleasure bringing my child to school every day knowing he will not only learn great things but will also be uplifted in the process.

Pasadena Rosebud Academy 3

Posted December 05, 2012
After much consideration (and hesitance), I would sum up my thoughts about this school in one word disappointment. I was forced to take my son out of this school after he has been excelling for four years - because of unprofessionalism in its front office. Pasadena Rosebud offers strong academics, and will be the perfect school for your loved one if that is all you are seeking. However, if you are looking for an administration who respects the parents of the children who attend, then you must keep looking. Misrepresenting the truth and slandering the reputation of some parents are some of the issues I have with this school. We have seen that school grow from a warm, small family into the cold community it is now. The current teaching staff is to be commended on their exemplary effort with the students. However, I would highly recommend that its office staff start taking courses touching on the dynamics of parental communication which would lead to an more effective administration, which would then lead to a more holistic and warm learning environment.

Posted June 08, 2009
After having my son in private education for the first five years of his life, I had very high expectations for the level of education he needed to have. Pasadena Rosebud Academy has more than surpassed my expectations, and my son is flourishing in his studies and academic development. I highly recommend this charter school, which speaks volumes about the Executive Director of the school and her very attentive and caring staff.

Pasadena Rosebud Academy

Posted March 20, 2009
This school has met my expectations from day one. The staff is caring, inclusive and has the students' overall achievement at the top of the list and every slot thereafter. And the results show it. Even more, my child loves being a part of this community of positive minded people. I recommend with program without reservation.

Pasadena Rosebud Academy 4

Posted April 07, 2008
Pasadena Rosebud Academy is a great charter school to send your kids, they currently have only K-1, but are planning on expanding in the future. The teachers are very caring and the work they have the kids doing is comparable to a private school education. Excellent Administrator who is dedicated in making all children lern!

Pasadena Rosebud Academy
3544 North Canon Boulevard, Altadena, CA  91001-4008
Last modified Pasadena Rosebud Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.