Altadena, CA

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
My son is taught to look at things for himself and also encouraged to communicate with the other kids and adults, with respect

Posted August 10, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about my sons school, Fair Oaks Academy. My son has advanced in his education more than I ever expected. He is encouraged to learn, enhance, and explore. Since my son has gone to this school his general behavior has been excellent and he is always trying to learn and do well, but also has an enormous amount of confident in his educational and physical abilities. I am so happy and feel very lucky to have my son in the hands of the wonderful teachers at this school, and look forward to his many years ahead.

Posted August 10, 2015
I am so happy with the results in academics at Fair Oaks Academy. My daughter has been a grade ahead since she began at their K-8 school. The teachers are wonderful with the kids and the environment created is safe and sane. I am a very picky parent when it comes to who I leave my child with and these guys are a perfect fit for us. My daughter loves going to school and doesn't want to go home at the end of the day!! I could not recommend any other school more highly then I recommend Fair Oaks Academy.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 10, 2015
I love Fair Oaks Academy. The staff and educators are the best I have seen. My daughters are so happy to be at school and to learn which is priceless when it comes to education. They are academically ahead because of this and I couldn't be more thankful to have found such a sound school and environment for my kids.

Fair Oaks Academy 1

Posted January 26, 2015
I called to ask a question regarding a field trip, and I was told that they didn't have time to answer my question. Incredibly rude. I was shocked that this behavior was coming from a school.

Posted December 29, 2014
I feel so fortunate that I found this school. They have an incredibly strong academic program with most students excelling above grade level. In addition, they have an excellent arts program with music, signing, dance, art, etc. To top it off it is a very positive environment. My kids are happy and enjoy going to school and they are able to just be themselves and have fun being kids. The teachers are incredible, very experienced and excellent with children. I can't say enough about this school, I am so happy I found it and my kids are doing great!

Posted April 21, 2014
Fair Oaks Academy is a wonderful school. My daughter has attended since she was in Kindergarten and is now in 6th grade. I love that my kids can work at their own pace to learn the basics such as reading, writing and arithmetic. Their Kumon program is an extra bonus and helps my children excel in their math skills. The arts offered is outstanding. I am a professional musician and my daughter learned how to read music on recorder and has since moved on to play trumpet in the Jazz band. I have since taught her piano and her basic music skills were firmly established at Fair Oaks Academy. She has also learned Irish Dance & fine art as well as singing. My son is in 2nd grade and started at the preschool at Fair Oaks Academy. He is an excellent student in reading & math and really enjoys learning new things in all of his studies which include science, history and other subjects. He routinely comes home enthusiastically telling me about what he learned at school. He won Kumon Honor Roll last year and is very proud of this. The teachers care so much about my children and work with them and us as parents to ensure that they understand their studies fully. I love this school!!!

Posted February 14, 2014
Great school! Low teacher/student ratio. Every kids has their own program. They are doing work at their own level. The school also provide lots of activities. Highly recommend!

Posted January 28, 2014
My four-year-old son has been attending Fair Oaks for the past three months. We could not be happier with this school! He comes home every day bursting with new things to tell me. I am often amazed at how much he learns and retains daily. He just turned four and tonight he was telling me all about the Geography lesson he had today. He is also very close to reading, and when he started he did not even know many of his letters. Beyond the academics, I've noticed how much more kind and patient his is now when dealing with his little sister. I attribute this to the wonderful group of kids at his school. I don't know how the teachers do it. The kids are so kind and respectful, the older children often helping the younger ones. I would recommend this school to any parent!

Posted January 27, 2014
Fair Oaks Academy is a wonderful school! I am a mother of four children ranging in ages 2 years old to 16 years old. My two oldest girls started at Fair Oaks in Pre-school. They both went onto Flintridge Prep in junior high where they are excelling. My six year old, who also started in Pre-School, currently attends Fair Oaks Academy and is doing incredibly well. She loves school and is consistently above grade level. I absolutely plan on sending my two year old there when he is ready. Fair Oaks Academy not only fosters excellent academics it creates an incredible learning environment filled with happy children that actually ALL get along. Seriously! The children are so supportive of each other spanning the grade levels. It is something to behold. I couldn't be happier in my experience with this school. Without a doubt, Fair Oaks Academy is a huge reason my two oldest children are doing so well at a highly selective Junior High and High School.

2704 Fair Oaks Avenue, Altadena, CA  91001