PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)

Very dedicated teachers and support staff. They truly love the students and put in a lot of work to give our daughter a well-rounded experience.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All experts and all Waldorf teacher certified. This is a teacher run school. The faculty supports one another and dedicates a lot of time to continuing education and always evaluating and improving themselves.

Amount of homework: Agree

No homework until 3rd grade. Then only meaningful assignments that the children can accomplish on their own.

Develops character: Strongly agree

My children are shown examples of high quality and integrity by their teachers every day. I know they are being treated fairly and respectfully and it shows in how they behave toward others.

PWS is a great community! My kids are happy and thriving. They love to go to school, they want to get there early and I can hardly get them to leave before the last minute of aftercare. My first grader loves math, has learned to knit and play the pentatonic flute. She takes Spanish and Japanese classes every week. The wishing Well School Store and Squirrels Nest Cafe are amazing too!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Our teachers are amazing and wow me daily. How they can get the children to pay attention even in exciting moments without yelling is something that I try to work on as a parent! The teachers work more on getting the children engaged on many levels than on straight up memorization. If you want that type of teaching just forget private school tuition and go public.

Amount of homework: Agree

Very little homework in the early grades. Middle school has homework but it's appropriate. HIgh school has high school homework but what do you expect!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I absolutely agree - my last school developed sassy disrespectful behavior. Since transferring to PWS I see a huge change in my children and love how kind these kids are to each other. A real joy.

Came to PWS after a few years at a highly rated private school ... couldn't be happier here. No place is perfect, but at least here you know what to expect, and they are not changing their educational style because of parents who jump on the "let's bully the school into doing what *we* want" wave that seems to be prevalent in other schools. Thankfully my children no longer have hours and hours of tedious and mind-numbing homework they were given at our last school - and instead are able to be "kids" and develop their curiosity about learning instead of it being beaten out of them. As for the last parent review talking about their child being too "gifted" for this type of education, they are probably better off at a public school with three hours of homework in elementary school. I am much happier with my kids loving school and not worrying about them being "labeled" this young ... if the older kids at our school are any indication of what this schooling (and this particular school) fosters, then I am thrilled to continue attending.

I was told by my son's teacher of three years that there were significant things wrong with him and to have him assessed by a variety of anthroposophical practioners. I was perfectly willing to go along with all of this but thank goodness my husband wasn't. He insisted we go first to an academic specialist and it turned out our son, who PWS told us was developmentally delayed in some way, was instead highly gifted and, according to our seasoned and respected specialist, "lethally bored". Our sons (we pulled both of them out) are now at a public magnet school and for some "mysterious" reason our son is doing very well -- a typical, bright kid. By the way, we have a lot of friends in the opposite situation. They had concerns about their children's' academic progress and were told not to worry at all. It then became obvious by the third grade that their kids needed seroious help and tutoring.

Last modified Pasadena Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12