Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I have had 3 children at this school and in that time there have been a few different principals. Mr Knox was the best principal he really cared for the students and always put them first and we wish he was still there. Unfortunately we have a new principal Ms. Vang who has been there for the last couple school years and it has been the worst years of our lives. My daughters have never been so neglected by the staff. This new principal has basically came in and put the fear of god into her staff. It is such a hostile environment for the children, being yelled at on a daily basis and she is now training all the new staff to be the same as her. She pushed out the majority of the great teachers last year with her cruelness. Teachers who had been there since the school opened about 15 + years ago transferred to other schools or decided to retire in order to get away from this Ms. Vang. If you plan on picking your child in the car zone beware that your child will be yelled at on a daily basis they also now force the kids to line up on the crack in the sidewalk and if they move they get yelled at, if they speak they get yelled at. Also the teachers and principal constantly yell at parents and make them feel unwelcome. It is not a happy place anymore elementary school is supposed to be a fun learning environment and this school is anything but that.

My son is currently in the 1st grade and so far I am thoroughly pleased with his education. He had a great Kindergarten teacher and the current Principal, Mr. Knox, is highly active with the parents, teachers, and student body. Like any school, parent involvement is key. This school encourages it and many parents are participating.

My daughter attended 2nd-5th and we loved it. She's now in 8th grade and we have fond memories of Canyon Oaks.

My child is in the 2nd grade and has gone to the school for 3 yrs. The teachers are highly involved and concerned if the student falls behind in school. I get periodical emails from my sons teacher if he is doing well in class as well as subjects my son might have problems with. I highly recommend Canyon Oaks Elementary.

its good school but involvement is limited

I have enjoyed the school for the past two years however I'm concerned about the budget cuts and how that will impact my children.

Canyon Oaks is an excellent school. The teachers are great and the principal is amazing! My child is getting a great education and loves his school.

My son loves this school so much, the teachers that he had were so nice to him. He wants to give the schoo an excellent rating.

This is a fairly new school. But the most teachers and principle have years of experience and they are all working together to make this school promising!

My nephew goes here and I see how the teachers really care about him and of course, the other students as well. They have excellent teachers, as I have seen this when I am a substitute teacher there. The classes are organized and the teachers are dedicated and caring.

Last modified Canyon Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.