No rating

Calvary Baptist Christian Academy

Private | K-12 | 57 students

Our school is best known for Biblical world view.

Living in American Canyon

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $306,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,270.

Posted May 14, 2013

School has lost enrollment over the past two years. Why? 2nd/3rd grader teacher, Ms. Steven lacks best practices in teaching modalities that support diverse learning styles. Also, administration and teachers are all related to each. However, kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Burkholder is extremely supportive and caring individual. The school can improve, by progressively seeking out donation, funding to support curriculum capacity development, encourage and hire diversity; and being such a small school they should be able to provide hot meals (breakfast and lunch). Also improvement is needed in the area of social media and technology, they need to have a computer lab that support learning in read and math.

Posted December 18, 2012

Mrs. Burkholder is great with kids ...they're best in academic and provides character building for each kids . Kids learn not only to be better in academic but also learns how to behave and respect . Learning is fun for my kids . As a parent , we have peace of mind that our kids are safe with teachers who are really concern and loves our kids . They have sincere concern and love to each kids , they know when to give corrections and dicipline the kids and kids shows respect because they know that teachers cares and not just to punish them . Its important for kids to learn how to respect and obey the authority . Small class provides adequate attention and kids to learn better . Amazing school and higly recommended . They teach kids to be a responsible individual and the school is not there to please anyone by teaching your kids to be lazy . Not because youre paying the tuition doesnt mean that teacher cannot ask your kids to help out . It's okey to do stuffs around the school and help ... its learning times ! Its better for kids to do something than do nothing and just be an irresponsible person .

Posted October 1, 2012

I have been a student here at CBCA for quite a while now, and I find that it is a great school. Great friends, (we won't treat your child like a "pariah" unless they actually try to be disruptive and disobedient. lol) fun teachers, and the academics are pretty challenging now due to a change in curriculum. But most important, they put a strong emphasis on the Bible. The principal there wants what's best for us academically and spiritually, and he always tries to help us whenever he can. Not only is he wise, but he is a father-figure to many of the students there. (He also tells cool stories!) CBCA has helped me grow in my faith in so many ways, and I am proud to say that it is my school. I recommend this school to any parent who wishes to see their child grow not only in academics, but in faith. God bless.

Posted April 11, 2011

I have found this school to be a very caring school. I like the smaller class sizes it has to offer. Children are not only taught the BIble, but are also taught life principles such as character, responsibility, good citizenship.

Posted January 10, 2011

This school treated my child like a pariah from the beginning. You might expect this from the children, but the staff was also very exclusive with regard to the children, favoring some over the others. For grades higher than 4th, they are academically lacking because none of the teachers or staff are credentialed and my student was learning the same lessons in 10th grade that another parent's child was learning in the 4th grade. Teachers were pleasant enough to the parents, but we were there for education, not pleasantries. There are virtually no checks and balances between teachers and administration (everyone is related like a box of inbred sick kittens)! Children washing staff's dishes and taking out the building trash is commonplace. If I had known that my child would be required to labor for his education, I would have asked for discounted tuition. Although it was extremely difficult for him, my child had to graduate elsewhere. This school is not worth your time, nor your money. Look elsewhere!

Posted January 10, 2011

We attended NHCS for 9 years prior to the upheaval of the administration so we moved to Calvary. The 4th grade teacher was phenomenal, but I noticed that my daughters were declining in their academics compared to same-aged public school children so I asked Calvary to fill out recommendation forms for another school. My daughters had gone to the school for only one year. The recommendations (sent directly to the new school) stated that my 10-yr old was borderline ADHD and my 13 yr-old was a social misfit! I had no idea that a "Christian" school would be so vindictive and try to stigmatize my children solely for leaving! Incidentally, my "social misfit" played on their volleyball team and was the only Bible quiz team member that could actually answer questions about the Bible! Favoritism - I paid over $350 for a hotel room and transport to Santa Maria, CA for GSACS and was informed by my child that they put her on a rollaway cot in the middle of the floor while the rest of the children slept in beds in the hotel! This was done by the teacher chaperones! Only after I came to the room and saw what was being done, I was told that perhaps some of my money could be refunded. Perhaps?!

Posted December 6, 2007

My daughter goes to this school and I don't have any complaints about this school. Not really a big school so each student is really well taken cared of. Each class has approximately 10 students so each teacher can really focus on each child's needs. The principal, Mr. Burkholder is very down to earth and all teachers knows all the students by names and even the parents' faces so it's easy and very convenient to pick up the student. They communicate with every parents every week so we are informed about our children's status in school. Pastor Stevens is nice. Mrs. Burkholder is to be commendable!

Posted July 30, 2007

Great school, small class size, bible-led

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Public
Christian
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 25% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 25% (2013)
Percentage of students going directly into the workforce 50% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation Solano Community College
Napa Community College
Heartland Baptist Bible Colleg
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Special education / special needs

• 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
  • Mr. Rod Burkholder
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Fax number
  • (707) 647-3214

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• College prep
  • Direct instruction
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services
Foreign languages taught
Level of ESL/ELL programming offered
  • None
Vocational or skills-based training offered
  • None

Staff resources available to students
  • None
Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2013-2014 school year.

Students accepted for the 2013-2014 school year
Applications received for the 2013-2014 school year
Students typically come from these schools
Christian

What does it cost?

Tuition range for the 2013-2014 school year
$3000 - $4000
Vouchers accepted
Financial aid offered

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Solano Community College