K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Vallejo school district is notoriously bad in terms of public schools scores. There are not many choices for parents in this area and some other private schools are overcrowded. The CBCA school is hidden gem and I'm glad we found it when moved to Vallejo two years ago. We highly appreciate small classes (3-4 combined grade class has 11 kids) where teacher can dedicate enough time to each student. Curriculum is pretty strong as far as I can judge by 3rd and 4th grades. And we're up to speed paying attention to serious home work. Principal and teachers are doing great job, tremendous respect to them! And by the way speaking of tuition cost it's MUCH lower than average.

I have three children attending CBCA. Each of them has learned to read in kindergarten. They are academically challenged at each level. Bible-based education is very important to me, and I know my kids learn from a Biblical perspective at CBCA. Also, in our mixed up society, I'm thankful for a school where young men are never allowed to use the same restroom as the girls. It's great to have an alternative to the Vallejo and Napa school districts!

Mrs. Burkholder is great with kids ...they're best in academic and provides character building for each kids . Kids learn not only to be better in academic but also learns how to behave and respect . Learning is fun for my kids . As a parent , we have peace of mind that our kids are safe with teachers who are really concern and loves our kids . They have sincere concern and love to each kids , they know when to give corrections and dicipline the kids and kids shows respect because they know that teachers cares and not just to punish them . Its important for kids to learn how to respect and obey the authority . Small class provides adequate attention and kids to learn better . Amazing school and higly recommended . They teach kids to be a responsible individual and the school is not there to please anyone by teaching your kids to be lazy . Not because youre paying the tuition doesnt mean that teacher cannot ask your kids to help out . It's okey to do stuffs around the school and help ... its learning times ! Its better for kids to do something than do nothing and just be an irresponsible person .

I have been a student here at CBCA for quite a while now, and I find that it is a great school. Great friends, (we won't treat your child like a "pariah" unless they actually try to be disruptive and disobedient. lol) fun teachers, and the academics are pretty challenging now due to a change in curriculum. But most important, they put a strong emphasis on the Bible. The principal there wants what's best for us academically and spiritually, and he always tries to help us whenever he can. Not only is he wise, but he is a father-figure to many of the students there. (He also tells cool stories!) CBCA has helped me grow in my faith in so many ways, and I am proud to say that it is my school. I recommend this school to any parent who wishes to see their child grow not only in academics, but in faith. God bless.

I have found this school to be a very caring school. I like the smaller class sizes it has to offer. Children are not only taught the BIble, but are also taught life principles such as character, responsibility, good citizenship.

We attended NHCS for 9 years prior to the upheaval of the administration so we moved to Calvary. The 4th grade teacher was phenomenal, but I noticed that my daughters were declining in their academics compared to same-aged public school children so I asked Calvary to fill out recommendation forms for another school. My daughters had gone to the school for only one year. The recommendations (sent directly to the new school) stated that my 10-yr old was borderline ADHD and my 13 yr-old was a social misfit! I had no idea that a "Christian" school would be so vindictive and try to stigmatize my children solely for leaving! Incidentally, my "social misfit" played on their volleyball team and was the only Bible quiz team member that could actually answer questions about the Bible! Favoritism - I paid over $350 for a hotel room and transport to Santa Maria, CA for GSACS and was informed by my child that they put her on a rollaway cot in the middle of the floor while the rest of the children slept in beds in the hotel! This was done by the teacher chaperones! Only after I came to the room and saw what was being done, I was told that perhaps some of my money could be refunded. Perhaps?!

My daughter goes to this school and I don't have any complaints about this school. Not really a big school so each student is really well taken cared of. Each class has approximately 10 students so each teacher can really focus on each child's needs. The principal, Mr. Burkholder is very down to earth and all teachers knows all the students by names and even the parents' faces so it's easy and very convenient to pick up the student. They communicate with every parents every week so we are informed about our children's status in school. Pastor Stevens is nice. Mrs. Burkholder is to be commendable!

Great school, small class size, bible-led

Last modified Calvary Baptist Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12