No rating

Fairmont Private Schools - Anaheim Hills Campus

Private | PK-8 | 442 students

Living in Anaheim Hills

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $426,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,080.

School Official Point of View

Posted June 24, 2013

Fairmont Private Schools Anaheim Hills campus is a wonderful educational community where a culture of excellence, a diversified curriculum, and many talented and passionate educators come together to give students a truly exceptional learning experience. We believe that students come first and always work towards meeting their individual needs. There is a high level of professionalism among the teachers and staff of Anaheim Hills. They hold high expectations for themselves and their students, and the success stemming from this accountability is remarkable. As a Campus Director, as well as a Fairmont parent, I am proud of the many accomplishments of our students in and outside of the classroom. Academically, our students continue to achieve some of the highest standardized test scores in Orange County. We excel in Debate and Academic Pentathlon, and we hold both Accelerated Reader and Accelerated Math Master School designations. Our music, art, science, and sports programs have also been recognized throughout the county, with many students earning awards at science fairs, sports tournaments, art shows, and performances. We appreciate our involved parent community and encourage open communication as we all strive for excellence in education. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our school. If you have any questions about Fairmont Private Schools, or would like to contact our administrative team directly, please email us at feedback@fairmontschools.com.

Posted June 13, 2014

Our children attended this school for more than ten years, but have now aged out. Fairmont Anaheim Hills was a blessing for our family. We had a number of teachers who were caring and extremely attentive. The parents' association is welcoming, inclusive, and charitable.

Posted June 3, 2014

This used to be a quality school. It has been deteriorating for years. I urge corporate to set up offices on this campus. It is amazing that they don't follow up with families who are leaving. My family along with several others where long term families that invested time and trust in this campus. Not one phone call to find out why we are walking? That's bad business. Wake up!

Posted September 16, 2013

I have two children that attend Fairmont. I am 100% pleased with the level of education they are receiving. They have flourished each year we have been there. I am also very pleased and impressed with their teachers. They are knowledgeable, attentive, organized, nurturing and structured. All things that, as a former educator, I feel are incredible traits for a teacher to have. I am also impressed with the level of care the administration takes in listening to the parents. Any questions or concerns I have had, once addressed with an administrator, have been remedied quickly. They listen to their parents and work to create a wonderful environment for the students. I couldn't ask for anything more! We're sticking with Fairmont!!

Posted September 16, 2013

My husband and I shopped all the private schools in the area and fell in love with Fairmont. We are very pleased with the director, faculty and environment. My child has thrived academically and personally at Fairmont and we couldn't be happier.

Posted September 15, 2013

As a parent of two Fairmont students I am very pleased in their actions to make sure the children are safe and protected. Every school will have its share of problems, unfortunately many schools just sweep the problems under the rug by letting problem students continue to attend school or by simply moving problem teachers to another grade level or campus without even letting the parents know. Fairmonts number one concern is for the safety and care of their students . The teachers are constantly engaged with their students and the children seem very happy. I for one am pleased that Fairmont makes the right choices to protect our children. If these other parents think moving their child to another school will be better for them then they are in for a rude awakening. Bad things happen at every school and at least Fairmont takes care of these issues right away and keep our children safe.

Posted July 30, 2013

Two of my children attend the Anaheim Hills campus. They have blossomed both educationally and socially. Originally, I started our daughter in a local public school that was rated top in the county. She was an early reader and was bored to tears in the Kindergarten class. After one semester, we pulled her out and put her into Fairmont. It was a night and day difference. I love the nurturing and skilled teachers, the respect that parents receive from the administration and staff, the way my children are challenged and provided with the tools to excel and the uniforms. I love that uniforms keep everyone's focus on learning, and I don't have to worry about my daughter being pressured to dress immodestly because of what others are allowed to wear.

Posted June 20, 2013

My three kids are loving the summer camp program--super high energy and really keeps them busy all day long. My son was quizzing me about force and friction the other day, so I know he's learning too! I know there have been some administrative changes, but I met the new principal and she seemed very friendly and positive. Fairmont has been around for 60 years now, so I'm confident that principals may come and go but the overall program is still strong. It's really about what's going on in the classroom and my children are very happy.

Posted April 30, 2013

Dear Great Schools, My daughter has attended the Fairmont Anaheim Hills Campus since preschool. She is now graduating eighth grade. She has grown and blossomed as a student as well as an individual. I have been very happy with Fairmont. The administration, teachers and staff are warm and caring. I am especially impressed with the new director Michelle Lowe. She is very approachable and has good rapport with parents and students. Her caring nature is apparent in her interactions with students, parents and staff. I would recommend the Anaheim Hills Campus to anyone who is looking for a wonderful education for their child. Sincerely, Anaheim Hills Parent

Posted March 19, 2013

My son is in the P4 program at Fairmont. I am very happy that we decided to send him to this school. He is 4 and can write his full name and can read. It is definitely a very academic environment for a pre-school but also includes plenty of play time, library time and art. The kids learn while having fun in a warm, positive environment. My son's teacher is invested in her students and is committed to helping them succeed. I have no doubt that my child is more than adequately prepared for kindergarten. Yes, the tuition is high but it's worth it. Fairmont has far exceeded our expectations and we intend to keep our son there long term.

Posted February 15, 2013

Absolutely love Fairmont Private School Anaheim Hills. We transferred our child in at 5th grade(and have been here 2 years) to provide her with an education that would encourage her gifts and meet her advanced academic needs. That need was met and surpassed and she loves school. In addition the school offers assist for those students who are not accelerated. While we have not made use of it, the school strives to meet all students needs where they are at and help them to excel, learn, and be the best student they can be. The teachers, staff and admin. care for the students is evident in their association with the students and knowing each one of their students. The atmosphere on campus is upbeat, fun, educational and completely different from the private school my child attended previously. Also as a parent I feel that the school really does strive to serve my family and student and the families at the school.

Posted February 2, 2012

my child has attended fairmont since preschool and when we first started the school was extremely friendly and helpful. However over time i feel like the school has become extremely commercialized and too formal in which the teachers are too focused on academics and not as much for the wellbeing of the child. I do believe my child has gotten a good education at fairmont but the struggle they had to go through was not worth it

Posted July 16, 2011

We left this school because even though the class size is small, our son did not get adequate positive attention from his teachers. They do favor quiet girls! It has taken us awhile to undo what was done--his teacher told him he could not read certain books, and really brought out the negative in him. He hated school--and that's a hard pill to swallow at the price we were paying. They also changed their reading program which really put our daughter at a disadvantage(whole language just isn't right for a kindergartener). I am a teacher myself, and was deeply frustrated. Both kids are at a better school now, for half the price! They are getting a better education, with more attention, and a very low class size.

Posted May 13, 2011

My child has attended Fairmont Anaheim Hills for four years now. The teachers and staff have been outstanding. We've been impressed with the implementation of new curriculum and technology on a regular basis. This school has great integrity when it comes to maintaining its mandate for having a high level curriculum and producing highly accomplished students. We are very involved in our child's education and activities and that has made a huge difference. As with anything, you get out of something what you put in, speaking not only about the kids but about the parents as well. We don't expect Fairmont to raise our child just because we pay tuition.

Posted April 28, 2011

There are some management and ethical issues in this school. I won't recommend. Beware of your tuition over charge even after you made a cancellation notice.

Posted April 18, 2010

I've had both of my children at this campus for the past seven years. I drive 33 miles each way to get them here. The school is hard. So is life. Fairmont prepares your children for a competitive world. My children love it here and my husband and I are equally impressed by this school.

Posted April 14, 2010

I am a parent of a student at this campus and my child has been there for a few years and I agree with person stating the camppus has changed under new leadership and find it interested that 'employees' are giving the 5 stars. My child and 4 of her friends are leaving next year due to quality of the teachers and staff. The school does not even have a school nurse and this year there have been more injuries on the playground due to more children attending. Please do your homework and ask other parents before you even consider this school for your child. There is alot of bullying now and many of the situations are never addressed.

Posted March 10, 2010

We ve been at Fairmont for four years and we love Mr. Drake. He s fun and my kids love him. But it looks like one negative person posted a couple comments against Mrs. Jarvis, and I take issue with that. She is also great and very sweet. She didn t know who I was, but when I started talking about my son, she knew everything about him and how he was doing in class. I was really pleased to know she was in charge. If she is holding teachers accountable and they are getting a little nervous, I say good, it will only make for better teachers. For those of us that value a good education (and good grammar, btw) you can t find a better school.

Posted March 8, 2010

There are many good things about this school. I would not recommend the preschool program at all, as you will not get the money's worth in comparison to the curriculum at other schools. This curriculum is far behind do your homework as they do not publish their curriculum at all, it almost becomes a false promise. On the plus side, the teachers are great, the kids have a lot of fun, there are many activities in terms of play to keep them busy, my child is definitiely happy when she comes home which is all that matters.

Posted March 4, 2010

My both kids have been attending this school for 6 yrs. I was always happy with the way school affairs and students were handled. But now after Ms. Jarvis has joined there's lot of unrest. Her changes are not working good for school due to which the school is losing some long term parents. She is adding a lot of stress to the parents and student's lives and I hope they bring Mr. Drake back to elementary. I have not reenrolled just like many other parents this year and leaving this school for other private school. Mr. Drake is a great principal and his involvement at elementary level had been bringing lot of success to school. I hope the administration realizes this soon and saves the reputation it has earned so hard. PLEASE INVOLVE MR. DRAKE BACK AGAIN TO ELEMENTARY.

Posted March 2, 2010

My daughter has attended Fairmont A.H. for 3 years now but we are not happy with the administration. MR Drake was wonderful but now Mrs Jarvis handles the lower grades and this has been a 'huge' loss. Most of the teachers do not have credentials to teach the classes they are and yes my daughter is learning alot more than most. She is doing as well as her friends who left to other private schools. I would not recommend this school over any other private school. I am finding the loss of Mr Drake's involvement to be to much of a loss and me and many other familes are lokking to place our children elsewhere for next year.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Librarian/media specialist(s)
Math specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Security personnel
Tutor(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
  • None - the school offers no services

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)

• Accelerated credit learning
  • Honors track
Extra learning resources offered
  • Acceleration

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school
  • After school: ends at 6:00 a.m.
  • Dr. Kevin Rafferty
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student council/government

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis