PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

My kids have gone to this school from preschool through 8th grade. We have seen many changes throughout the years but the basic concept remains the same...the love of Jesus! The 7th/8th grade teacher, Mr. H (he's also the principal) really cares about the children. He is available by phone even in the evenings to assist with homework questions. I don't know of any other teacher who provides that kind of service. CCA is a small school so the kids are close to one another and for the most part, know each other's names regardless of what grade they are in. One of my sons is now in public high school and is doing great academically as well as socially. This school is a great alternative to homeschooling. It allows kids to interact with one another in a small setting. Four stars instead of five because I wish they had a better lunch program. Call them with your questions and ask to visit if you are interested in an affordable Christian school as an alternative to public school. God bless. :)

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school teaches about the views and laws of God and the importance of obeying God. The teachers speak with the kids regarding any issues that may arise regarding fairness and integrity. I was told by a parent once that when her child got hurt on the playground, a few of the kids stood by that child and prayed that she would feel better. I have never heard of bullying at this school and I think everyone who goes there strives to be a better person.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Honestly, my kids have attended this school for most of their school years (one is now in public high school) and they have not suffered academically. I think what they've learned is adequate and I appreciate the extra attention they have been given because of the small class size.

We love this school! My children are getting a small classroom, real time education without the restrictions of a public education. The Teachers love the kids and the kids in turn respect and love the teachers. I would definitely recommend this school. (We have a 2nd, 1st, K and Pre-K children)

Greatly satisfied with this school - this is the theme of feedback I received at parent conferences last week as teacher at CCAS. As principal (my other function), this dissatisfied parent never came to me personally to express their concerns. Every parent issue that has come across my desk has been answered with prompt parent/teacher communication. But I will address these concerns (however inappropriately voiced) with our administrative staff as soon as school resumes after the Thanksgiving break. (Matthew 18 principle comes to mind here.)

This is a great school if you're wanting a low tuition cost. But trust me you get what you pay for! Poor administration, horrible communication, disorganization, and I have seen very little growth of my child academically. If you can afford a higher tuition I suggest sending your child elsewhere.

This is a great christian school! Adleast one parent need to be a christian which makes it such a great school! Also the tuition is so awesome 1st child $3,150.00 , 2nd child $2.450.00, 3rd child $1,900.00 and the 4th and on free! They offer sports and many other fun things for the kids!

If you are looking for a school that is all about Jesus, you have found it. Extra bonus academic excellence. Extra,extra bonus lowest tuition anywhere. What a blessing!

Last modified Calvary Chapel Anaheim School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8