School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Dear Parents, Thank you for taking a moment to review Fairmont. We appreciate you sharing your perspective. Your comments help us understand what is most important to you, and we take that very seriously. It is important to us that you know we value the opportunity to discuss your thoughts in person too. We welcome you to email us to arrange this type of visit at feedback@fairmontschools.com. Thank you again, President Jackson
July 13, 2012

Posted November 06, 2013
I graduated from Fairmont Prep about 10 years ago and believe that the great faculty here really had a positive impact on the way that I think and live my life today. The environment at Fairmont enables motivated students to grow intellectually and prepares them for the real world. Although the teachers are excellent, it is ultimately up to the students to determine what they get out of the experience of attending Fairmont Prep. Don't expect Fairmont or any other school to make your child a successful student; it's up you (the parents). The resources are all there; excellent faculty and facilities. I recommend Fairmont Prep to any parent serious about their child's development.

Posted May 27, 2013
The school is awesome. The complaints listed below are students who have either dropped out due to academic reasons, or the curriculum was too challenging for a student who only attended rarely. Fairmont Prep has high standards for attendance and academics and rate extremely high for technology. There ARE way too many Asian students in attendance, however, and I'd like to see more diversity.

Posted May 10, 2013
I went here from 200-2003. The school is a joke. I graduated with above 3.0 and didnt learn a single thing.

Posted September 19, 2012
My son is very disappointed with Fairmont Preparatory Academy. Very. He has explained day and day what a sad school it is. The faculty and staff, let alone the admissions people continue to tout it, but the reality is really something far, far lower. Who do they think they are kidding??? If we hadn't been in such a rush to find a private school in our area as the public schools are not worth it, we would have known better to ask pertinent questions and not been fooled. I encourage you if you are parents to request detailed information regarding school demographics such as domestic vs. international student numbers. They tout diversity, but for an American school where English is a seond or third language, what's the point? DO NOT ENROLL HERE! We are sorry we ever did and now looking else where for him to transfer to!

Posted September 19, 2012
Education is the greatest give a parent can give to their child. And yes, like some have stated on this blog, it can be expensive. We truly believe that every dollar we have put into my child's education at Fairmont is worth it! Both my husband and I feel that we all have been very grateful to be a part of this organization, in fact it's actually become more of a family to us. Our child has attended FPS since pre-school and is very fortunate to be surrounded in an environment where everyone is there to help the students become successful with their high school and college outcome. The resources available to the students are incredible; the Prep Plus Program is a list of afterschool activities that is included in your tuition; this even includes tutoring! And the new counseling center that offers a ratio of 1 counselor to 80 students is unheard of !!! Fairmont Private Schools: Keep up the fantastic job you do, not only your students but for us parents too! I truly encourage any parent that is looking for academic excellence and well roundness for their child to take a look here, we've been very, very happy.

Posted July 14, 2012
Hi I am international student who attends to this school. I been in fairmont for more than a year and a half. I went to jr. high and now i am a prep student. First of all, Fairmont 'does have' great teachers. However, some are just exaggerated teachers. Some of them cannot speak English fluently and has some kind of teaching problem. Secondly, it's toooo expensive! everything is just MONEY MONEY MONEY! my friend had to leave the school and school did not give her DEPOSIT money back! Lastly, there are tooo many International students who cannot speak English. they speak their own language which makes other students to feel left out and cannot improve our english skills. i sometimes feel that i am wasting money on this school. BE AWARE of the school!! some others call our school "FOB school" :P

Posted May 07, 2012
I graduated from Fairmont last year. I was a former student, so I was not concerned with tuition prices. I went to fairmont all of my life, so my parents were constantly paying the high tuition prices. Like most experiences in life, Fairmont is great if you choose to take advantage of all that they have to offer. Now that I'm in college, I can easily say that Fairmont spoiled me in a sense. Their large array of ready-to-listen counselors and teachers is now a much missed support system that I loved. Their academic programs like Cal's famous Calculus class makes me feel like a genius in my math classes now. Don't overlook their extracurriculars either. Fairmont is for people who want to excel.

Posted November 18, 2011
Fairmont's university outcomes speak for themselves. Have a look at the facts and you will see why it remains one of the best schools in the area. Fairmont is doing a superb job in producing well rounded students who are critical thinkers, keep up the great work!

Fairmont Preparatory Academy 2

Posted September 23, 2011
Our daughter used to attend Fairmont Prep last year, but there were and probably still are too many international students. The admissions director and headmaster basically stated, "Take it or leave." So we left! The tuition is extremely high for the lackluster quality of teaching and we were very disappointed. It would seem that they promote one thing and yet are truly another. I would not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted April 28, 2011
This school seems to have ethical and financial problems. They over-charged the tuition ahead of time and lied about refunds, even upon cancellation. Parents beware! Be careful in your choice.

Fairmont Preparatory Academy
2200 W Sequoia Ave, Anaheim, CA  92801
Last modified Fairmont Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-11
Fairmont Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top